Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
iw_shawn

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by iw_shawn »

I really wish Giants would do something and try to shut down the crappy mod stealing sites. They steal and exploit from hard working mod authors, and infect and expose unknowing players to viruses, malware and scams. Giants owns the copyright to Farming Simulator, they have the power and resources to shut the thieves down. They really should do it for the good of the FS community.

Giants should protect one of it's most valuable resources, it's modders, and just as important their customers.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

fallout 4 had the same problem with people stealing stuff calling their own and posting them to gain fame. However the only fame they gained by doing that was jail time. So I have read.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Erica Von wrote:fallout 4 had the same problem with people stealing stuff calling their own and posting them to gain fame. However the only fame they gained by doing that was jail time. So I have read.
*thumbsup* :mrgreen: Congrats on the twins, close to my birthday on the 19th.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

My dr seems to think there is a third one but we will know in a few weeks for sure. Thanks for the well wishes.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

iw_shawn wrote:I really wish Giants would do something and try to shut down the crappy mod stealing sites. They steal and exploit from hard working mod authors, and infect and expose unknowing players to viruses, malware and scams. Giants owns the copyright to Farming Simulator, they have the power and resources to shut the thieves down. They really should do it for the good of the FS community.

Giants should protect one of it's most valuable resources, it's modders, and just as important their customers.
They are doing something by creating their own modhub, but besides that, there are no simple solutions here that I can see.
A word of warning to those that cannot wait a few more weeks, apart from the fact that the stolen version will create a save game that is incompatible with the released version, we are currently doing final testing and bug fixing. So, as you can imagine, the leaked version will have a number of bugs. Buyer beware is the saying I believe. :hi:

theSeb - Realismus Modding - the team behind the Seasons mod
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Erica Von wrote:My dr seems to think there is a third one but we will know in a few weeks for sure. Thanks for the well wishes.
:!: :!: Wow-3 at a time. I am number 6 of 16 in my family and all single deliveries. My mom lived to be 93.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Who ever the author is, will the actual version work on a save game if I delete the illegal version before installing it? I didn't know it was illegal sorry :sadnew: :blushnew:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

If you use this stolen version of our mod, you will not be able to use the official released version, or any future version, with your save game.
the stolen version will create a save game that is incompatible with the released version
I'd assume the answer is no. You'd have to create a new save file.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

iw_shawn wrote:I really wish Giants would do something and try to shut down the crappy mod stealing sites. They steal and exploit from hard working mod authors, and infect and expose unknowing players to viruses, malware and scams. Giants owns the copyright to Farming Simulator, they have the power and resources to shut the thieves down. They really should do it for the good of the FS community.

As Giants dont own 3rd party sies and dont own mods, it would be really hard to do. They could back modders but it will be a hard task to do, there are alot of legal procedings aswell. It is not that easy
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Brad_02 wrote:Who ever the author is, will the actual version work on a save game if I delete the illegal version before installing it? I didn't know it was illegal sorry :sadnew: :blushnew:
Realismus Modding is the author of this mod. No, even if you delete the illegal version now, the future release version will not work with your save game. Please do not support these mod sites in the future. It does not do the community any good. Unfortunately this is the risk you take by trying to play with incomplete mods.
Garion

Post by Garion »

Would there be a chance that we could get a thread for new users of mod sites that are legitimate ( not illegal, original links, full credit givin, ECT. Ect.) It would sure protect a lot of innocent users and would be better than the normal response of " search google" most get when asking for mods.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

theSeb wrote:
Brad_02 wrote:Who ever the author is, will the actual version work on a save game if I delete the illegal version before installing it? I didn't know it was illegal sorry :sadnew: :blushnew:
Realismus Modding is the author of this mod. No, even if you delete the illegal version now, the future release version will not work with your save game. Please do not support these mod sites in the future. It does not do the community any good. Unfortunately this is the risk you take by trying to play with incomplete mods.
Thats the thing about mods on any game, most of them ain't complete, But if the mod author says in his created thread " this vehicle or wherever it shall be is not complete im still working on this" then ill do it, nothing beats the original mod author to convert his/her mods to a different game, cause you know it'll be done, and done right, i have no use for Illegal mods, i go to my trusted site(s), download what i want/need, be on my merry way.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

As I'm a PS4 player I don't know anything about mod sites and illegal copies of mods but as far as I understand this issue is really very nasty for both modders and some unaware users who downloaded illegal copies of mods.

I hope someone would come up with an efficient solution for this.
Something like the official modhub.
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I like using other mod sites because of the amount of variety, but I try not to use some websites that I know are bad. I try and stick to ModHub and FSUK
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

so what exactly does the seasons mod do? i have never used it or seen it used on youtube
Gaming PC