Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
reallogger

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by reallogger »

wildberry wrote:I do have a question though: can Seasons mod be used on existing save games that do not use it, or it is rather not recommended?
It works to start to use Seasons on exisiting savegames. You will get a question whether you want to reset your fields or not. If you select not to do that, there might be some strange effects to growth, depending on the current state. Best is to harvest all fields before you activate Seasons.
empato

Post by empato »

Does anbody notice, that if you take a look to the pictures on modhub, you can see that the Seasons menu has 4 pages?
I downloaded the newest version, but I have only three pages in the menu (planting calender, economy page, settings). Where is the 4th page gone, and what was on it?
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Thank you for the update of Seasons. I'm in the process of writing a report on how to modify parameters for animal birth rates and milk yield to match different real life scenarios. My approach seems to work well and I hope to release the report on this site soon. However, with Seasons version 1.2 I've noticed that the productivity of each animal type has suddenly dropped from 100% to 80%. No other changes was made, except upgrading Seasons to 1.2. How does that come about, and will that influence the effective number of animals I will gain in a single season? While I'm add it. Are animal consumption and productivity parameters rescaled depending on game difficulty level? I know crop prices, starting crop storage and bank acount are affected, but not what other effects game difficulty level has (e.g. on animal and crop yield). In case you know, I would be very grateful to hear.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Guil

Post by Guil »

kahfs wrote:Thank you for the update of Seasons. I'm in the process of writing a report on how to modify parameters for animal birth rates and milk yield to match different real life scenarios. My approach seems to work well and I hope to release the report on this site soon.
I'd ask you not to do that unless you get approval from one of the realismus mod team, a lot of modders don't like their work been edited and redistributed and also it could make it a real headache trying to troubleshoot issues people have if hey go changing things they aren't really sure of.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Guil wrote:
kahfs wrote:Thank you for the update of Seasons. I'm in the process of writing a report on how to modify parameters for animal birth rates and milk yield to match different real life scenarios. My approach seems to work well and I hope to release the report on this site soon.
I'd ask you not to do that unless you get approval from one of the realismus mod team, a lot of modders don't like their work been edited and redistributed and also it could make it a real headache trying to troubleshoot issues people have if hey go changing things they aren't really sure of.
I see your point. I'll talk to Realismus Modding.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

empato wrote:Does anbody notice, that if you take a look to the pictures on modhub, you can see that the Seasons menu has 4 pages?
I downloaded the newest version, but I have only three pages in the menu (planting calender, economy page, settings). Where is the 4th page gone, and what was on it?
It is probably since the screenshot was taken with our development version where we have another page with some settings for debugging the mod.
kahfs wrote:
I see your point. I'll talk to Realismus Modding.
Please connect with us on slack or send a PM :)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

empato wrote:Does anbody notice, that if you take a look to the pictures on modhub, you can see that the Seasons menu has 4 pages?

OOOPS, yes that is the debug page. Stupid of me to not disable that thing. It just contains some buttons to add and remove snow: same thing can be done with console commands now.
empato

Post by empato »

Rahkiin wrote:

OOOPS, yes that is the debug page. Stupid of me to not disable that thing. It just contains some buttons to add and remove snow: same thing can be done with console commands now.
Thanks for your explanation.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Thanks guys :)
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I wrote a guide on the new measurement tool, the Wopstr M420: https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... /measuring
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Drmattymd wrote:I say again, I LOVE THIS MOD. The improvements you guys make to the game and realism is incredible. I just read the guide for the Wopstr and it mentioned crop moisture having more effects in the future, will this possibly include any mods to enable grain drying?
We will see if we can do this, what it adds and what consequences it has, especially regarding balance.
gnillo

Post by gnillo »

and another question...
does the more realistic mod from dural especially the gameplay changes have any negativ side effects on Seasons?
I saw that he lowered the amount of animal food that is needed. That is actually the only concern that I have. Everything else should work, I guess...
DrunkFarmer

Post by DrunkFarmer »

Two more questions -

- Does the GEO mod for Wales really have dawn at 02.30? Seems the sun starts to rise at midnight.
- Sheep and cows are stuck at ~88% productivity in spring, with all bars showing green. Is that a realism modifier based on actual productivity, or am I glitching out somewhere.

Thanks!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

gnillo wrote:and another question...
does the more realistic mod from dural especially the gameplay changes have any negativ side effects on Seasons?
I saw that he lowered the amount of animal food that is needed. That is actually the only concern that I have. Everything else should work, I guess...
MR is possibly compatible, the MR gameplay mod is not. The MRgameplay mod is a separate mod _because_ the changes don't play with Seasons.
DrunkFarmer wrote:Two more questions -

- Does the GEO mod for Wales really have dawn at 02.30? Seems the sun starts to rise at midnight.
- Sheep and cows are stuck at ~88% productivity in spring, with all bars showing green. Is that a realism modifier based on actual productivity, or am I glitching out somewhere.

Thanks!
The dawn is a bug we are fixing, there will be an update of Seasons this week.
Yes, this is a new feature. It will also go down slower. It is an average over a longer time.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Version 1.2.1 has been released with a fix for the 'dawn' issue, (dawngate?), and some improvements to repair and the Wopstr. See https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ersion-121