Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Totenfarmer

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Totenfarmer »

I'm wondering how the default placeable hay barn will affect the straw and hay, will it be reduced over time like a pile on the ground, in a shovel etc., or will it have an actuall storage advantage where the reduction of material is less or none ?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

To all:
I am writing a blog post about weather and GEOs as I see there is some misunderstanding especially when it comes to snow. It will be out on our website later today or tomorrow. Will post here when it is done. :)

Farmer man wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 am how do you fast forward time on the ps4 season
You cannot ffwd on PS4. If you want to go quickly through a season, play on 120x during the day and then use skipnight to get through the night quickly.
Krd1749 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 am I'm afraid to start this mod because I don't want anything to rot or my livestock to die.

Is it possible to turn any of these parts of the mod off?
Rotting cannot be turned off. If you play on a map without seasons mask, hay/straw bales will not rot, only grass bales. If you play on easy animals will not die.
Raddad wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 am I cant seem to get the snowy lands geo to work. spent about 5 hours today messing around with it all and never got any snow.
I suspect you have more than one GEO activated. Please use only one at a time.
BigC92 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 am You have to go through all 4 seasons to get snow.
This is not correct. It will snow if there will be precipitation and cold temps at the same time.
Ntw1986 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 am You have to be pn a seasons ready map also
Neither correct. It will snow on maps that are not seasons ready. Just that the snowdepth is limited.
Farmer man wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 am ok what maps have the snow mask on them
GCV, Sosnovka, Agrovation and the two BSM maps have snow mask on console at this point in time.
Totenfarmer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am I'm wondering how the default placeable hay barn will affect the straw and hay, will it be reduced over time like a pile on the ground, in a shovel etc., or will it have an actuall storage advantage where the reduction of material is less or none ?
No material stored in placeables will not rot or be reduced.
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

ok everyone what is everyone's favorite seasons geo so gar
NateS

Post by NateS »

There seems to be a lot of misinformed answers on the last couple pages. Thank you to Reallogger for doing your best to clarify, but guys, if you're not sure what you're talking about, you're just making it more confusing by answering. I read through the last two pages this morning going... That's not right, that's not right... Then I finally get to the end and I'm like, oh thank god Reallogger chimed in!
PC & PS4
NateS

Post by NateS »

Farmer man wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 am how do you fast forward time on the ps4 season
If you awe wondering about the skip night feature:
Press L1 + R1 and Triangle. It has to be late enough I the day (after sunset I believe) for this option to become available. You will then be given the option to ffd to 6am or dawn (different time depending on the season)
PC & PS4
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Please note that loose hay, grass and straw _will still rot_ inside sheds! We could not fix this, it is a game engine limitation. So bale it or put it in the hayloft.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Rahkiin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 pm Please note that loose hay, grass and straw _will still rot_ inside sheds! We could not fix this, it is a game engine limitation. So bale it or put it in the hayloft.
Is the grass ready to mow in the first harvest stage?Or will it go dark orange?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 pm Please note that loose hay, grass and straw _will still rot_ inside sheds! We could not fix this, it is a game engine limitation. So bale it or put it in the hayloft.
Is the grass ready to mow in the first harvest stage?Or will it go dark orange?
Not sure but the measuring tool tells you everything you need to know...my understanding is as soon as it ready for harvest it’s fully grown
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

The Seasons menu says harvest in the first harvest phase,but the grass is only 67% on the tool. Also the prices in Seasons menu are different than in the game menu.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 pm The Seasons menu says harvest in the first harvest phase,but the grass is only 67% on the tool. Also the prices in Seasons menu are different than in the game menu.
Oh god dammit. I listened to the ingame prices menu . :lol: :biggrin2: lol
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

You can mow grass at yellow state but you will get more, if you wait for orange state.
In case you use 3-stage fertilizing your third fert will be on "yellow" grass.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

A question for REALISMUS: I noticed with Seasons enabled, the round bale wrappers (in game and modded) now have the ability to wrap HAY (represented by the pile of grass with the sun by it). The balers in the Kuhn pack, specifically the square bale wrapper does not have this option. Although unlikely, does this mean that the Kuhn pack would need an update to be "season compatible" in order to wrap square hay bales?
XB1/PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

IseOlen wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 pm You can mow grass at yellow state but you will get more, if you wait for orange state.
In case you use 3-stage fertilizing your third fert will be on "yellow" grass.
How longs it take?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Anyone else having problems with latest update with seasons V 1.3.0.0
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

abslayer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm Anyone else having problems with latest update with seasons V 1.3.0.0
What problems are you having? If you can be a bit more specific we might be able to help you ;)