Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TimothyC

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by TimothyC »

Ok. I was able to produce the seasons_mask.png. However when I open the map in GE and save it there is still no snow mask foliage layer.

It says the map01 folder should only contain the seasons_mask.gdm file but there is no such file. Only png version, which I'm supposed to delete.

No errors in the console.

One of the forums suggested removing the original grle file from the folder but that didn't work either.
PATR10T

Post by PATR10T »

Rahkiin wrote:
PATR10T wrote:
Rahkiin wrote:The tracks work, with seasons, on multiplayer. I just tested it.

on what map? we played the stappenbach and now lösshügelland... is there a mod who can conflict in that way?
GCV.

standard map? the maps we use have more terrain texture angles, can this be the problem?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

TimothyC wrote:Ok. I was able to produce the seasons_mask.png. However when I open the map in GE and save it there is still no snow mask foliage layer.

It says the map01 folder should only contain the seasons_mask.gdm file but there is no such file. Only png version, which I'm supposed to delete.

No errors in the console.

One of the forums suggested removing the original grle file from the folder but that didn't work either.
You make the png file from the tipCol file. Then you put it in the map01 folder. Then you open your map in the Giants Editor, and the layer should show up.
Then you save the map. It creates the seasons_mask.gdm.
PATR10T wrote:
Rahkiin wrote:
PATR10T wrote:

on what map? we played the stappenbach and now lösshügelland... is there a mod who can conflict in that way?
GCV.

standard map? the maps we use have more terrain texture angles, can this be the problem?
YEs, the vanilla GCV. We use it to test if an issue is Seasons related or map related. Seems to be that your problem is a map problem :)
TimothyC

Post by TimothyC »

Worked this time! Thanks a bunch Rahkiin!
dende

Post by dende »

I have some price issues, dunno if its the season mod, but im playing on suedhemmern, did some forestry and sold 37.000 litres of woodchips. Price hud says 312 / 1000l but when i sold them i only received 4783 dollar, so i got around 40% the money i should've received. Is that intended? Because i like to calculate BEFORE i start to do something :/

On other maps same issues but the differences are not as drastically as on suedhemmern, for example on goldcrest i get around 80-90% of the given price. Is there a fix for this?
TimothyC

Post by TimothyC »

Something to note: If you add a snow mask AFTER a snowfall it won't eliminate any of the snow already there. But if you clear the snow then it will remain clear as no more snow will fall there.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

dende wrote:I have some price issues, dunno if its the season mod, but im playing on suedhemmern, did some forestry and sold 37.000 litres of woodchips. Price hud says 312 / 1000l but when i sold them i only received 4783 dollar, so i got around 40% the money i should've received. Is that intended? Because i like to calculate BEFORE i start to do something :/

On other maps same issues but the differences are not as drastically as on suedhemmern, for example on goldcrest i get around 80-90% of the given price. Is there a fix for this?
Seasons is affecting the price of wood chips. In autumn it is at its lowest, while in late winter/early spring it is at its highest. But the price you see in the ingame Price menu will show the price you will get at the sellPoint. Are you using some other mods that can affect the prices? Is price hud a mod or do you also see in the ingame menu? It might be a map issue also.
TimothyC wrote:Something to note: If you add a snow mask AFTER a snowfall it won't eliminate any of the snow already there. But if you clear the snow then it will remain clear as no more snow will fall there.
Yes, the mask only works when snow is falling. If you have added the mask in mid winter, you could use the console commands ssRemoveSnow and ssAddSnow though to get the effect of the mask :)
TimothyC

Post by TimothyC »

reallogger wrote:Yes, the mask only works when snow is falling. If you have added the mask in mid winter, you could use the console commands ssRemoveSnow and ssAddSnow though to get the effect of the mask :)
Cool. Save me moving my equipment and straw out if the barns and then back in. :)
Guil

Post by Guil »

If I wrap hay bales can I leave them outside or is wrapping enough to stop them rotting?

Also I tried using the Kuhn baler and wrapper but it just dropped the bale instead of wrapping it, am I doing something wrong?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

If you wrap haybales you can leave them outside.

Not all balers support wrapping hay, I think.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I am almost 100% sure if you try the Kuhn square bale wrapper with hay it will wrap it but you wont like the results. It seems to convert the bale to grass the instant it starts to wrap it and as such it will then convert to silage. The Kuhn round bale/wrapper combo does not wrap hay it will just deposit the bale behind the baler.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Which one is the Kuhn square bale wrapper?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

It's part of the Kuhn DLC. It's a stand alone wrapper not a baler / wrapper combo.

I used to cut, tedder and bale the whole field on Sandy Bay and then wrap which ones I wanted for silage. Where possible I try and avoid bales now, try to go loose with everything, I find bales a hassle. Especially now the new silo's are available that store everything including TMR.

Question about loose grass, if it is in a building, out of the elements, will it rot or deteriorate? Also, will it remain "fresh" if in a silo?
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
empato

Post by empato »

Loose grass will rot within two days. No matter where you store it (also in tippers). Only (unrealistic) way is to store it in a silo which accepts grass as input. Standard silos don`t accept it, but there are a few Mod silos out theer which can be used.