Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
rody12

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by rody12 »

I cant find the option to turn on the weather forecast anywhere
Xbox Series X
John Deere
Guil

Post by Guil »

eric21 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 pm You need to make sure the the soil is at the right temp for the right crop. Each crop needs different soil temps in order germinate
You can plant when the temperature is still too low but if the temp doesn't rise enough during the planting window then the crop won't grow.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

NateS wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 pm Reallogger, thank you for sitting here and responding to all these questions today. I'm sure you're getting sick of it but we're just going to keep asking :) When do the changes in growth state happen? This is obviously much different than the base game!
You're welcome. As Seasons changes so many aspects of the game we want to help in getting you up to speed. :)

The growth happens at midnight when there is a change in transition (change between early, mid, late). Note that the growth is distributed between planting and harvesting and since most crops have only 4 visible growing growth stages there can be several transitions between each time you see crops growing.

Also eric21 and Guil are right about the germination temperature.
NateS wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 pm For example, I am playing 3 day seasons with the us Midwest geo. planted barley in early spring with soil temps at 7 (only requires 5 to germinate) When should I see first growth stage and when might I be able to harvest?
Planting barley in early spring will show first stage in late spring. Then it will become harvestable in mid summer. Early planting means early harvesting. :)
rody12 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 pm I cant find the option to turn on the weather forecast anywhere
L1 + R1 + circle on PS, so LB + RB + B on Xbox maybe?
rody12

Post by rody12 »

reallogger wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 pm
NateS wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 pm Reallogger, thank you for sitting here and responding to all these questions today. I'm sure you're getting sick of it but we're just going to keep asking :) When do the changes in growth state happen? This is obviously much different than the base game!
You're welcome. As Seasons changes so many aspects of the game we want to help in getting you up to speed. :)

The growth happens at midnight when there is a change in transition (change between early, mid, late). Note that the growth is distributed between planting and harvesting and since most crops have only 4 visible growing growth stages there can be several transitions between each time you see crops growing.

Also eric21 and Guil are right about the germination temperature.
NateS wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 pm For example, I am playing 3 day seasons with the us Midwest geo. planted barley in early spring with soil temps at 7 (only requires 5 to germinate) When should I see first growth stage and when might I be able to harvest?
Planting barley in early spring will show first stage in late spring. Then it will become harvestable in mid summer. Early planting means early harvesting. :)
rody12 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 pm I cant find the option to turn on the weather forecast anywhere
L1 + R1 + circle on PS, so LB + RB + B on Xbox maybe?
I will try when I get home frome work tomorrow, thanks for the effort you put in to answering all our questions
Xbox Series X
John Deere
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

ps4 question how do you open the weather forecast on it
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

^^^it was answered two posts above yours. It's in quotes above your post also
XBOX/ FS22
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

oh heck I little slow today lol
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

U have to be out of vehicle otherwise its cruise control
Goertzy89

Post by Goertzy89 »

All I can say is thanks to realismmodding and giants for completely changing the game for me. Being someone from Canada this brings me back to farming for real and can’t believe it. Thanks again
Guil

Post by Guil »

Not sure if it's seasons related or not but on GCV on a new save I noticed the traffic stopping in various places as if there was something blocking the road.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Just got the seasons mod, but do i need the Seasons GEO's? If so what do they do?
farmtycoon39

Post by farmtycoon39 »

Holy Moly! What a mod! I´m also very appreciated to play with this awesome Mod now. I have seen that all fields are harvested, so I had to work on them. Now it´s really hard to work.
Um zu helfen,brauch auch ich folgende Angaben:

>WO spielst du? (PC od. Konsole)
>WIE spielst du? (Mit Mods oder ohne
>MIT WAS spielst du? (Mit Seasons-Mod oder normal)

Der Gentleman und "Slot-Checker" unter den Digital-"Agrartechnikern" im "Claasham Asyum
Geselle und Ausbilder im LS22 auf PS4, bald PS5 und jetzt neu: auch im LS23 auf Nintendo Switch
Guil

Post by Guil »

BigC92, the geo's are just to change the weather for the most part, they aren't needed for seasons to work. By default the weather is like southern UK.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

A general update to the public :)
- For xbox players that cannot find the Snowy Lands GEO. It is apparently in the 'Latest' category on modhub, but not in 'Others' like the rest of the GEOs
- Straight from the map maker himself: Agrovation on PC does not have mask, but on console it does! See that has to be worth something! Console players gets something before the pc players :D

Guil wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:17 am Not sure if it's seasons related or not but on GCV on a new save I noticed the traffic stopping in various places as if there was something blocking the road.
Can you post some screenshots of when it happens? Is this PC or console?

BigC92 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:21 am Just got the seasons mod, but do i need the Seasons GEO's? If so what do they do?
As Guil says you do not need GEOs (unless you play with the Platinum DLC). GEOs only replace the weather and growth to simulare a different environment.
Last edited by reallogger on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Will do, I was cutting trees with a scorpion king at the time just under the small field on the left side of the map, I think it's 10, it has potatoes growing by default.