Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Rahkiin »

We already block feeding grass to cows in the winter. The grass from previous day remains though.

Grazing is on our minds but not easy to properly implement.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I've always thought feeding grass should never have been implemented in the first place. So I surely wouldn't mind seeing seasons take it out and just drop the 10% in winter without it. No one actually feeds grass in a trough that I know of. I suppose it's there as sort of a grass management feature since maintaining a pasture isn't currently possible.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

There's a mod on Modhub called "Feed hay as grass" that puts hay and grass together. I haven't cut, baled, or stored grass since using it (I use corn chaff for silage.) It works perfectly as far as I can tell.

http://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?la ... tle=fs2017
Playing on PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Rahkiin wrote:We already block feeding grass to cows in the winter. The grass from previous day remains though.

Grazing is on our minds but not easy to properly implement.
A cool ... *thumbsup*
I was considering cheating this by using the placeable storage ... thanks for the info!

And I would not mind if the grass bar is at 100% by default during the "grass season" ... (quick fix).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

W1der

Post by W1der »

... LOL

I figured ... you guys being able to do all this other stuff ... this one should be a walk in the park ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Clutchman

Post by Clutchman »

First of, I'm having great fun with the Seasons mod. A big thank you to you guys from Realismus! I do have a question that has been bugging me since I installed the mod though. I'm just not sure if it's due to this mod or another.

Anyway, long story short: I bought a tractor and after ploughing/cultivating/etc I wanted to change the wheels to narrow wheels to fertilize after first growth. Upon driving to my garage, I can see the option to change the wheel type, with prices and all. But upon clicking OK, I get the message that I can't modify my tractor. So my question is, does this have to do with the "30 minute test drive" option? Or is there some other mechanism within the Seasons mod blocking my modification request?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Clutchman wrote:First of, I'm having great fun with the Seasons mod. A big thank you to you guys from Realismus! I do have a question that has been bugging me since I installed the mod though. I'm just not sure if it's due to this mod or another.

Anyway, long story short: I bought a tractor and after ploughing/cultivating/etc I wanted to change the wheels to narrow wheels to fertilize after first growth. Upon driving to my garage, I can see the option to change the wheel type, with prices and all. But upon clicking OK, I get the message that I can't modify my tractor. So my question is, does this have to do with the "30 minute test drive" option? Or is there some other mechanism within the Seasons mod blocking my modification request?
"30 minutes test drive"??? I never seen this in the game and I've played over 1100 hours...

Seems you've leased the tractor instead of buying it... I don't see anything else, I've always been able to modify my purchased tractor at any time I wanted to...
for example:
- Purchased BigBud 747 with single wheels
- moved it to its field
- placed a workshop somewhere around this field(dual/triple wheels can't pass through gates)
- modified BB747 for triple wheels(withing 2 minutes after purchase)

I'm pretty sure it's not Seasons mod that is causing your problem...
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

The 30 minute test drive is part of the seasons mod
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Smith Modding wrote:The 30 minute test drive is part of the seasons mod
It is currently a 2 hour test drive will be 30 min in v2
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

gmfarmer420 wrote:
Ohh ok *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Smith Modding wrote:
gmfarmer420 wrote:
Ohh ok *thumbsup*
Either way its handy if you buy trailer with wrong hitch
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Preble 818 wrote:I've always thought feeding grass should never have been implemented in the first place. So I surely wouldn't mind seeing seasons take it out and just drop the 10% in winter without it. No one actually feeds grass in a trough that I know of. I suppose it's there as sort of a grass management feature since maintaining a pasture isn't currently possible.
I partly agree with you... Only some facts that I can add:
Here in Quebec, Canada, farmers are feeding cows with natural/wild grass(they let the field untouched, leaving it grow naturally), so there's a large variety of vegetation in it. They cut it once in mid-summer and once late-summer or early-autumn(when it's ready/mature, depending of the weather) and simply bale+wrap a part for fermentation(all-year long feeding), they also make it dry&bale the other part for fresh feeding during summer/autumn.

So AFAIK about it(35 years of living with farms all around my home and working for farmers in my younger years), cows eat:
Fresh grass: when they are out of the barn, in spring, summer, and autumn(so we should be able to feed cows fresh grass during these seasons).
Dryed grass: In the barn once it's ready, after the first harvest and a few days of drying.
Fermented Grass/baled Ensillage: If there isn't too much loss due to wrap damage(making it rot instead of fermenting), most of the year(usually they make enough for all-year long feeding with some losses on spring, when themperature rises and snow&Ice melts).
Corn/Bunker'd ensillage: I can't tell about it, I never seen this before playing FS17...

BTW in the game, the baled Ensillage texture is wrong, and it shouldn't be the same stuff as Bunker'd ensilage...
When I'll have the occasion and if I see it, I'll take a picture... It's like a dried grass bale, but having more like yellow-brownish texture...
AFAIK: to be realistic chopped Corn/bunkered ensilage should have a different texture and use than fermented grass/baled ensilage...
gmfarmer420 wrote:
I guess I never looked for this option, as I never needed or had to consider using it... BTW I can't find this option or feature anywhere(maybe it's because I'm playing at normal difficulty?)...
I'm playing on RattleSnakeValley with a big production(Sawmill for woodplanks with SVAPA pallets, carton, greenhouses and others), so I have plenty of work and income...
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

ThaFarmer wrote:
gmfarmer420 wrote:
I guess I never looked for this option, as I never needed or had to consider using it... BTW I can't find this option or feature anywhere(maybe it's because I'm playing at normal difficulty?)...
I'm playing on RattleSnakeValley with a big production(Sawmill for woodplanks with SVAPA pallets, carton, greenhouses and others), so I have plenty of work and income...
To see this feature buy any vehicle or implement and the go in the garage screen and you can sell back for the same price you paid for it.
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

ThaFarmer wrote:
To see this feature buy any vehicle or implement and the go in the garage screen and you can sell back for the same price you paid for it.
You will only get back the base price of the vehicle/implement. If you buy any extras you won't get that money back. For example if you buy a Challenger MT900E without any extras you'll get the full amount back, but if you buy it with triple wheels and the biggest engine but then sell it, you'll lose the 79,000 you spent on the extras as you only get the base price back. Hope this clears that up.