Big Harvesting

AgPro Farms

Re: Big Harvesting

Post by AgPro Farms »

RetiredEGS wrote:
AgPro Farms wrote:2 9230's (with duals), cut end rows for turning area, then work from the middle out. I chase them with a T9 (with duals) and a tracked Brent auger wagon that gets dumped into 2 70L trailers behind 2 SX-210 Twinstars. That's the operation at AgPro Farms. Ha

I pretty much do the same but run 2 new hollands :)
That'll do it. *thumbsup*
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I usually end up running 6 combines, either the Massey delta, Fendt Delta, or the New Holland.

I run 45ft tables on all of them anyways, just wish we had US MF's and the MF 45ft header so it didn't look weird.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
BrettDavid

Post by BrettDavid »

PaulDuPouy wrote:I usually end up running 6 combines, either the Massey delta, Fendt Delta, or the New Holland.

I run 45ft tables on all of them anyways, just wish we had US MF's and the MF 45ft header so it didn't look weird.
What's your tick for keeping them unloaded? I cant keep up with more than 3 with an auger wagon doing corn.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Ive noticed on plowing fields AI takes really wide turns and leaves a lot of ground untouched.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

BrettDavid wrote:
PaulDuPouy wrote:I usually end up running 6 combines, either the Massey delta, Fendt Delta, or the New Holland.

What's your tick for keeping them unloaded? I cant keep up with more than 3 with an auger wagon doing corn.
I usually run 3-4 grain carts, and a trick I've figured out is to start all the combines pretty much at the same time, let them get full, then unload them one at a time so they end up mostly staggered. It's really hard in high yield stuff like wheat, barley, & corn however.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
MarkDeere205

Post by MarkDeere205 »

This is how I harvest the big fields. On MVR field 4 (the big one) I had 2/3 planted with soybeans. I used 6 combines and 2 semis with 3 trailers each. I ran a combine down the middle north and south 2 make 2 fields before serious harvesting began. Park one semi at each end of the section your working. I then start combines 1, 2 and 3 25 seconds apart up the west side (north bound). I waited 2 minutes (or a little longer) and started combines 4, 5 and 6 up the west side 25 seconds apart as well. At about that point combine 1 will be near the end. Turn worker off and drive combine to the farthest trailer and at that point combine 2 will be near the end. Drive 2 to the middle trailer and 3 to the closest trailer.
At this point combine 1 is empty, drive it to the center and start it south bound. The same with 2 and 3. At that point combines 4, 5 and 6 are nearing the end. Drive them to the trailers as you did 1.2 and 3. Continue in this round robin/clockwise manner until your trailers are full or you need to move to next section.

As I said I had MVR field number 4 planted 2/3 with beans and I harvested it in 1 hour and 19 minutes without a grain cart.
I play on Xbox 1 in Michigan