Big Harvesting

Magnarex

Big Harvesting

Post by Magnarex »

Now that Giants have released tools for big planting I'm curious as to what people are doing for harvesting all of these big fields. I've run multiple harvesters and drove around with auger wagons trying to keep them unloaded.

I'm just looking for ideas. What does everyone else do? Anyone else have a great system to save time on harvesting?

Edit: I'm on Xbox.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
eric21

Re: Big Harvesting

Post by eric21 »

The same as you
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Two or more combines is the only real way to speed it up. 2 CR10.90s would make quick work of most fields. I currently have the big Case and I'm about to trade for 2 big Masseys. Trying to stick with AGCO on my current save.

Start the two in the middle of the field and make sure they turn opposite directions at the end. If you start them on opposite outsides, you'll have to drive all the way around the field to unload them.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I do the same, and each of my four characters uses different brands, one New Holland one Case, Fendt, and Massey Ferguson, but all top of the line combines from those brands. I start at opposite corners, and use a semi and Krampe trailer to offload the grain to.
FS-19 (PC)
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Best way to run big field:
1. CoursePlay
2. set 2/+ combines to run on the field(explained in the manual on CP website)
3. set 1 AugerWagon for each combine
4. Make sure you have enough capacity in your tipper(70k liters mod available) to transport these massive harvest.

Hint: If your total havest is over the capacity of 2x70k tippers, set a CP course to your farm silo and return to the field.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

sadly console cant get course play.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh and for the op, I might set up a huge conveyor system on mustang valley ranch. From each field to the main storage area, like huge. Should be interesting, to set up will take awhile. But will be fun to use.
My Discord
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

redglasses wrote:Oh and for the op, I might set up a huge conveyor system on mustang valley ranch. From each field to the main storage area, like huge. Should be interesting, to set up will take awhile. But will be fun to use.
That's an idea depending on the map. I watched a Twitch broadcast on Xbox Live where a couple of guys did a conveyor system on GCV all the way form field 5 to the sheep enclosure. They had multiple forage harvesters in field 5 cutting grass and they had thousands of sheep. It worked pretty well.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Magnarex wrote:
redglasses wrote:Oh and for the op, I might set up a huge conveyor system on mustang valley ranch. From each field to the main storage area, like huge. Should be interesting, to set up will take awhile. But will be fun to use.
That's an idea depending on the map. I watched a Twitch broadcast on Xbox Live where a couple of guys did a conveyor system on GCV all the way form field 5 to the sheep enclosure. They had multiple forage harvesters in field 5 cutting grass and they had thousands of sheep. It worked pretty well.
Thats a good idea as well :biggrin2:
My Discord
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

If you don't make a video of that and post it here, I will loose all faith in humanity.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh boy, me and my big mouth :lol: , I'm on xbox so I'll have to figure out how to do it. But I will try, our you can just come and join my server, and see it first hand. :hmm:
My Discord
ffmfd180

Post by ffmfd180 »

I start two combines on each end of the field. I use one auger wagon. Yes you have to drive a good distance at first, but as the combines get closer the distance is more manageable. I am on American Outback. One question...are there any bigger combines/headers from any manufacturer IRL? If not what are your guy's thoughts on a bin extension mod for combines? I have seen them added to combines IRL to increase storage capacity.
Xbox One player
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

There are some aftermarket companies who make larger headers but those would be used in places that grow lower yield crops. Really what we have in game are the biggest headers you would normally see for most places and the crop types we have, and biggest that the in game brands make. As far as the bin extensions, the previous generations of combines did have the ability to add extensions but the newer models with folding grain tanks don't need them because the folding parts are the extension.
Last edited by canadafarms on Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4
Xboxfarmin

Post by Xboxfarmin »

I start both combines together. One on the edge, the other in a few widths. When they get to the end the first time,I turn the combine that's in further the same direction the one on the outside turns. Both stay side by side basically but the same distance apart the whole time. When one gets over to where the other one started,I do it over. Sort of leap frogging them. This way I never have to go very far to keep up with my auger wagon. I it's not as much work as it may seem.
RFERIGOLO

Post by RFERIGOLO »

I suggested in another post create, achieve and who have time,
larger platforms, type 50 and 52 feet, that is,
15 and 15.6 mts own many of these here in Brazil
Playing PS5 in Brazil, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19, FS 22,