Dedicated servers for console?

darkestsoul00

Dedicated servers for console?

Post by darkestsoul00 »

Is it possible or not? I know not this game but it would be nice so i could have all my buds on one farm without lag .
Ps4 player
redglasses

Re: Dedicated servers for console?

Post by redglasses »

Not now. And probably never, on fs17 at least.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

Which is a shame, there seems to be a huge call for it.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

As redglasses said: There are no dedicated servers for console at the moment. It's not as easy to do as it might seem, but who knows what the future brings.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

Lisertan wrote:As redglasses said: There are no dedicated servers for console at the moment. It's not as easy to do as it might seem, but who knows what the future brings.
"At the moment"
"But who knows what the future brings."...

This means there's a chance. I'll take those odds.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

OkieFarmer wrote:
Lisertan wrote:As redglasses said: There are no dedicated servers for console at the moment. It's not as easy to do as it might seem, but who knows what the future brings.
"At the moment"
"But who knows what the future brings."...

This means there's a chance. I'll take those odds.
There is always a chance. We know you guys would love to see dedicated servers so once we see a good possibility to do that, we might actually do it :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

We've been wanting dedicated servers on Xbox since 15 came out. I'd definitely pay a bit of my hard earned money for one. It would just be nice for everyone to be able to hop on and off as they need to.

Keep up the great work so far, and hopefully ya'll find the right time to slide this feature in.
darkestsoul00

Post by darkestsoul00 »

I always like hearing of a possibility. Battlefield had them might want to check out how they did it. Just a thought/suggestion
Ps4 player
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

darkestsoul00 wrote:
I always like hearing of a possibility. Battlefield had them might want to check out how they did it. Just a thought/suggestion

They used EA's massively deep pockets.
TheVpSniper

Post by TheVpSniper »

I would love to see dedicated servers on console just for the fact that once you get a certain number of people in a lobby on ps4 the lag is unbearable. Plus then console players could have a farming tournament and the person who has the saved game wouldn't have to be on