Oilseed radish with direct sow

IsaacDixson

Oilseed radish with direct sow

Post by IsaacDixson »

I would like to know if the fertilizing qualities of oilseed radish will still work with a direct sow seeder, which cultivates and seeds at the same time. :?:
CattleMan

Re: Oilseed radish with direct sow

Post by CattleMan »

Yes
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
IsaacDixson

Post by IsaacDixson »

thank you
IsaacDixson

Post by IsaacDixson »

would it also work with a plow
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Yes, will work and stay in effect no matter what you do up until the time you harvest (or crop withers) then fertilizer state resets to 0.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

The most efficient way of planting and fertilising a new crop with a direct seeder is to plant oil seed radish, then plant your new crop over the top once it comes up.
3x fertilisers and planting in only 2 passes.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

BullFarmer wrote:The most efficient way of planting and fertilising a new crop with a direct seeder is to plant oil seed radish, then plant your new crop over the top once it comes up.
That is correct... But only if said seeder will also fertilize. (Pronto 9 is one such seeder and one of the first upgrades I usually make in game) Happy Farming! *thumbsup*
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

CattleMan wrote:
BullFarmer wrote:The most efficient way of planting and fertilising a new crop with a direct seeder is to plant oil seed radish, then plant your new crop over the top once it comes up.
That is correct... But only if said seeder will also fertilize. (Pronto 9 is one such seeder and one of the first upgrades I usually make in game) Happy Farming! *thumbsup*
Of course now we have the option of the Amazone Condor and the 2 big seeders from the Big Bud DLC as well.
Really good for maximizing efficiency!
Although I use a proper cultivator to cultivate in oil seed radish, I'm pretty sure that the ones built into seed drills don't really handle it in real life.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Just to make sure.

If I use a fertilizing sower to put oilseed radish into the soil that will give me stage 1 fertilizing.
Then if I use a direct sower with fertilizing capability to put the actual seed into the soil after radish pops up it makes fertilizing stages 2 and 3 in one go.
Is that right?
PS5 / FS22
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Yes that's right
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

CattleMan wrote:Yes that's right
Thanks *thumbsup* So, that would prove a really efficient way. I should try.
PS5 / FS22