Growth stage lost. crops not growing after you drive into them with crop destruction

lefe1

Growth stage lost. crops not growing after you drive into them with crop destruction

Post by lefe1 »

I was just wondering if when you drive into your crops and destroy them does it stop the growth of your crops. because this is happing to me. just destroyed edge of crops and it loses a growth stage. the red circles is where I drove into the crop and you can see that it's not ready to harvest even though I planted it all at the same time. I put timescale to 120X it took 5 hours more for the crop to changed to harvest. is this supposed to happen? or am I having a problem.

markare

Re: Growth stage lost. crops not growing after you drive into them with crop destruction

Post by markare »

Yes you lose them. Its in the title. Crop destruction. They get destroyed until harvest cycle. The parts you have circled won't affect your harvest too much either. All you have lost is about 20 units of the crop. Nothing really.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Re: Growth stage lost. crops not growing after you drive into them with crop destruction

Post by Guil »

That's strange with the growth stage lost. I've never had that.
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

I was wondering about this as well after having a field with a very odd growth pattern.
Guil

Post by Guil »

hopalongali wrote:I was wondering about this as well after having a field with a very odd growth pattern.
Growth rates change after a fixed time that rolls over so say you start sowing a field and the growth stage for the map changed in the middle then the field will have different growth stages on it.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

To add to what Guil said, there's a cut off point around 1 hour before the growth stage happens so you wouldn't necessarily see it happen, unless the field was huge.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Hairy Bob wrote:To add to what Guil said, there's a cut off point around 1 hour before the growth stage happens so you wouldn't necessarily see it happen, unless the field was huge.
i'm on the old stream farm took me 5 mins to plant the little field.it only does it if you go into the field and destroy the crops if I don't go into the crop it's fine. So I tried it again planting corn and still does it. planted corn in small field on the old stream 3mins to plant corn drove tractor across field set timescale to 120x and see pics below 1st pic is when I drove through the crop, 2nd pic is when corn is ready for harvest except the part I drove through please see pic #2 it stops a growth stage when you drive into your field
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That certainly shows it a lot better. Sounds like either an issue with the crop destruction mod or a mod conflict.
Does it do the same thing on one of the default maps if you start a new save game with only crop destruction selected, and no other mods?
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

This is what I experienced as well, I had planted a row which took maybe a minute to plant, I drove into the middle of the row and the parts at the start and the parts at the end of the row grew quicker than the part I drove over. So it couldn't have been time planted as the part that was planted first grew faster.

Edit: I am playing on PS4 with all the 4Real mods.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

hopalongali wrote:This is what I experienced as well, I had planted a row which took maybe a minute to plant, I drove into the middle of the row and the parts at the start and the parts at the end of the row grew quicker than the part I drove over. So it couldn't have been time planted as the part that was planted first grew faster.

Edit: I am playing on PS4 with all the 4Real mods.
Thanks for confirming it. now i'm just wondering if it's suppose to do that or are we having a problem?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've never noticed that, but I also haven't driven through my crops very much either. That looks weird to me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!