Best all around In-game (non-mod) Tractor

dunnjob

Best all around In-game (non-mod) Tractor

Post by dunnjob »

So here is the scenario:
You can only buy one type of tractor for your farm. Forever. Period. Which in-game tractor do you choose? Don't just list them. Tell us why you choose that particular machine. Lets divide this up into 5 categories. If your tractor falls between ranges, The top end HP dictates which category it goes into.

1.) Under 200hp
2.) 200 to 299hp
3.) 300 to 399hp
4.) 400 to 499hp
5.) +500hp

Category 1: Valtra N Series: Love the reverse drive for hay operations. Great turning radius as well

Cat 2: JCB Fastrac 3000 Xtra: (this was a hard choice) Every farm I have has at least one of these tractors. Speed and versatility even with no loader. Mostly Speed

Cat 3: Case IH Optum: I like the wheel options, honestly. Looks good on duals.

Cat 4: New Holland T8: In my opinion this tractor is one of the best looking in the game. Wish it had the option for duals, but the wide tires look great too.

Cat 5: Challenger MT800E: The only reason I picked this one over the Quadtrac and wheeled models is with non-articulated frame, its so much easier to back trailers and equipment with the tracked Challenger.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
Null

Re: Best all around In-game (non-mod) Tractor

Post by Null »

Cat 5: Big Bud 747: Get quick jobs done even quicker.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I like the 747, but slow transport speeds and titanic size make it a PITA to get between fields, especially with the loony AI traffic.

andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

Cat 1: Never really used any this small.
Cat 2: MF7726 all the way. Usually have two or three on my farms. Good wheel options, will take a loader, will pull a surprising amount of equipment in game, awesome turning radius, and accelerates very well with a big load. Like the sound too.
Cat 3/4: Just two tractors for me in this range. The MF8737-love this tractor, will pull everything (except for big bud stuff.) Only one downside for me is that it is slower than the Fendt 939. Massey Ferguson for everything, Fendt for the loads I have to pull halfway across the map.
Cat 5: I like the new baby bud, good power for the cost, but got to go with challenger MT800E. I use it for only one thing, the Jympa plow-it has the fastest turn around at the end of fields.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

andhe78 wrote: Massey Ferguson for everything.
There may be professionals to help you with your Massey addiction!

KlaasLintz

Post by KlaasLintz »

Cat 1: For me its between the MF 5610/5613. Its powerful for its size, good turning radius, fits perfectly in the smaller maps like Lossberg and last it looks stunning.

Cat 2: Case Puma CVX with either of the engines. its powerful, versatile and then its a pretty common tractor here in Denmark, so i can't not like it :zunge:

Cat 3/4/5: Can't say much about the tractors in these categories, but i do like the Fendt 900 Vario, and Valtra S Series
I look forward to playing Farming Simulator when i get home from work everyday, i can really unwind, relax and clear my head when im playing.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

:!: A little disclaimer about my list: These aren't necessarily "my favorites" or the ones I use all the time, just my personal pick as to the best all-around value in each category. :!:

1.) Under 200hp--SAME Fortis: Great power to $$ ratio. Can do everything the newer models can and sounds amazing. (There are a lot of great tractors in this category and I like using them all)

2.) 200 to 299hp--Deutz Series 7: it's huge, black, sounds like it's going to eat you, has tires wider than some entire tractors, front loader capable, and runs 39 mph!!! What's not to love? Actually, I think one of the most useful tractors in the entire game. You could run a fairly good sized farm with this one tractor.

3.) 300 to 399hp--Fendt 939: see above minus the front-loader. Also, reverse drive FTW!

4.) 400 to 499hp-- Case Magnum: extremely short turning radius for it's size (without duals). Also, can run duals!

5.) +500hp--Challenger MT875E: What's not to love about this beast? Turns on a dime, small compared to it's power, sounds great, can look like a ssssssnake,
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

1. Valtra n series. Reverse drive, compact size for yard, and in 174 guise more than enough power for the field. And good tyre choice. What else do you need!
2. Valtra t series. Toss up between this and the deutz 7. This is prettier!
3. Deutz series 9. Love this thing! 60k box, awesome looking, great noise. Can run duals!
4. Into tractors I rarely use now. Not much call for them on Sandy Bay! Gonna give it to the magnum on tyres. Prefer a conventional tractor.
5. Gonna be the t9.565 for me. Considering I'm a new Holland fan I better get one on the list!
Can I pleeeeease have an 8340 too? Favourite tractor in the game but I wouldn't get much done if it was all I had!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

cat 1: Skid steer or if I really have to have a tractor, t6 loader, 160hp, and can move almost anything.
cat 2: MF7700 series, loader, can work with almost anything, sounds good.
cat 3: fendt 939, 39mph, can run almost anything, reverse drive.
cat 4: challenger mt700e, tracked, pulls everything, and can work with almost everything, and turns like a skid steer.
cat 5: big bud, or quad track, lotsssssss of power, tracked, duals, singles or triples, works with everything.
*thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

I have always loved the JCB. Better top speed and better turning radius.
Playing on PS4
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Cat 5: Challengers. MT800 + MT900E
Both: Massive engine power(little bit less than QT 620, but god knows why, it has more pull capacity than QT)
superb traction(MT975E can get tripple tires without being too wide, MT875E full-tracked it's awesome),
and good handling: MT975E has a good turn radius even with triple tires, MT875E has an awesome turn radius!

I don't like much the QuadTrack... don't feel that powerfull, don't like it's handling...
I'd say: Move BigBud 757 to cat 6: 750HP+ it's an unique machine out of any categories XD
StrongStone41

Post by StrongStone41 »

My best tractor is a Fendt.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

New Holland T6 all the way....this is the best all round tractor in the game imo....gr8 power, sound, loader speed, and pretty much everything...i used this machine excessively in fs 15 and i still use it quite a bit. Incredible tractor.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

1) Valtra N, superb tractor for animals, loader work, pulling trailers and equipment around.

2) MF 7700, Great power, loaderwork and fieldwork.

3) NH T7, Great power, good in the field and pulling augerwagons and other trailers.

4) Valtra S, Great power, sound, looks.

5) Challenger MT800/ NH T9, always a hard choice, love them both. It comes down to which map I am playing.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

2) MF 7700, Great power, loaderwork and fieldwork.

^^^^^^Yep. i' allways have one of these^^^^^^^^
the best 280hp frontloader and does everything for me