Next FS game for PC and consoles - what will change?

Scuba steve

Re: Next FS game for PC and consoles - what will change?

Post by Scuba steve »

Smith Modding wrote:I'm really enjoying 17. As far as 19 goes, I wish they'd look at some popular maps on PC and implement those features into the game.
I totally agree, maps as well as some placeables that are on pc I would love to see for us on console, fermenting silo, more modern silos such as the ones in cherry hills map, I can go on and on but I really wish giants tried harder to make us console users at least somewhat close to what pc users have, I know there is a ton of work that go into mods and some just simply can't be available to a console because of scripting but there are a lot of mods that can be available to console at the same time, a pc user posted that he would probably have quit the game out of boredom if he was only playing on console because of the lack of maps and mods lol
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

Well it seems that the topic is way off. This isn't a wish list but cold, thoughtful calculation (or event prediction) of how FS19 may look like.

People started writing here their wishes but that's not what it is all about.

OK, getting that off I'd like to add that it is quiet possible that we get more that 2 maps for the start. I think Giants see how important MOD maps for users are and I would be really surprised if they didn't give us something more that what we got in FS13, 15 and 17.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

ErwinR55 wrote:Disasters, tornado's running through your field leaving lots of broken dead trees to clean up everywhere in the fields, floods that kill your wheats n beans, hail storm that trashes your corn. Droughts that leave only 40% yield or so.
More rains, that wettens your hay so you have to ted it again.
Potato rot that kills off 70% of your potatoes. Other deseases that decreases your yields (certainly if not spayed in time)

Different wheel setups that do differ in traction.
Mud to sink in, get stuck

Much much much better improved AI!!! Ability to change working pattern from back/forth to also round and round from outside to inside, or round and round from inside to outside driving over empty longer headland distances each time.
AI to have ability to know the field boundries and stay within them, doing headlands first etc.

In cab lighting of buttons and monitors at night.
That'll be a special edition: Farming simulator 19 - doom edition. :-D
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

We will talk about FS19 and what's in there at a later date. The FarmCon (German only.. sorry) will have a discussion about the next game and I'm here reading and listening of course.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Lisertan, could you translate some of the topics they talk about and post it on the forum please? :D Thank you! :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

A map editor would be great on consoles, in that Giants can give you basic maps, and you can add or remove things. Therefore, everyone can really get the maps they want, in that they can alter it to their liking.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Yesterday I remembered two things that bother me:
1. unrealistic fuel consumption based on fuel tank capacity and time - a more realistic would be nice (and no, we on consoles don't have any mod for this). And it might be connected to my next point, which is...
2. the absence of gearbox. Basically all engines in all equipment rev up to 2000 rpm when they stay all the time, even when speed varies drastically.
These would be nice touches of realism in the next instance of the game. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I agree with unrealistic fuel consumption, doesn't get guzzled too quickly.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

Seeing how popular the season mod has become, I think that is one thing that Giants must seriously consider including in the next FS game. With no doubts the mod is the game changer. And if it does not appear in any way in the new game I think it is going to be one of the most requested mods in FS19 and a big downside of the new game. And besides it is the change that the game needs very much in order to remain fresh and exciting. New maps and machinery just will not be enough.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

A few things I've mentioned in other similar threads that I'd like to see.

1. More detail in the physical properties of the terrain. The 4Real modules were a nice addition but I'd like to see more detail in how the ground reacts to your tractor, especially if its been raining. I think this sort of thing is definitely one of the next logical steps for the game. Changing your tyres or putting crawler tracks on your tractor should have a perceptible effect on how the tractor reacts to the terrain and how it handles.

2. A much more varied sky box and dynamic weather conditions. So many games these days have amazing weather effects in them. As someone who has come to Farming Simulator relatively recently I was surprised how basic the weather effects are. Especially considering how big a part the weather plays in farming. It shouldn't just be the same blue sky most days followed by the same sunset every night. The lighting needs to be a bit more dynamic. I've noticed that even when its cloudy everything still casts as sharp a shadow as it does when the sun's shining.

I'd love to see the trees blowing about in the wind and just generally anything to make the world seem as reactive and believable as possible. I love attention to detail in games. Its quite often the little things that make the most difference, especially in this sort of simulation game.

I'm guessing in the future the game will continue to look better and better. It would be nice to get even more detail in the environment and textures.

I'm not sure if a map editor on consoles is asking too much right at this point but I'd certainly like the placeables developed more. I do love customising my maps as much as possible on console.

At some point in the future a relatively easy to use map editor across all platforms surely must come to the game. It would just instantly kill off any criticism people have that the map they want isn't available for them.

edit. Another little thing I'd love to see one day brought into the game is hillside farming. Combine's with hillside levelling capabilities would be great. I think people already do them as mods on the PC version.
Last edited by Mobias on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mobias wrote:A few things I've mentioned in other similar threads that I'd like to see.

1. More detail in the physical properties of the terrain. The 4Real modules were a nice addition but I'd like to see more detail in how the ground reacts to your tractor, especially if its been raining. I think this sort of thing is definitely one of the next logical steps for the game. Changing your tyres or putting crawler tracks on your tractor should have a perceptible effect on how the tractor reacts to the terrain and how it handles.

2. A much more varied sky box and dynamic weather conditions. So many games these days have amazing weather effects in them. As someone who has come to Farming Simulator relatively recently I was surprised how basic the weather effects are. Especially considering how big a part the weather plays in farming. It shouldn't just be the same blue sky most days followed by the same sunset every night. The lighting needs to be a bit more dynamic. I've noticed that even when its cloudy everything still casts as sharp a shadow as it does when the sun's shining.

I'd love to see the trees blowing about in the wind and just generally anything to make the world seem as reactive and believable as possible. I love attention to detail in games. Its quite often the little things that make the most difference, especially in this sort of simulation game.

I'm guessing in the future the game will continue to look better and better. It would be nice to get even more detail in the environment and textures.

I'm not sure if a map editor on consoles is asking too much right at this point but I'd certainly like the placeables developed more. I do love customising my maps as much as possible on console.

At some point in the future a relatively easy to use map editor across all platforms surely must come to the game. It would just instantly kill off any criticism people have that the map they want isn't available for them.
Fantastic post.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

BreadedVirus wrote:
Fantastic post.
Thanks!

Reading back over the other posts here it seems there's a few common suggestions and observations, like more weather effects and better ground response.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mobias wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:
Fantastic post.
Thanks!

Reading back over the other posts here it seems there's a few common suggestions and observations, like more weather effects and better ground response.
The weather in the game could do with a total overhaul. It's too basic and way too repetitive.

It's also a shame that there is no seasons element in the game. Maybe FS19 will incorporate these issues. Apart from that. It's a great game.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

BreadedVirus wrote: It's also a shame that there is no seasons element in the game. Maybe FS19 will incorporate these issues. Apart from that. It's a great game.
Sounds like Giants want to bring the new seasons mod into the current game on console, if whats being said is true. Maybe Giants might do their own version of it for FS-19. I suppose it'll depend on what people think of it and what the user feedback is on it. I guess not everyone wants their farming to be quite as challenging and involved so they'd need to make it optional I think.
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

I only hope that in FS19 we won't end up with just different region of the world as the main new feature. The game needs some basic changes mentioned above.