Next FS game for PC and consoles - what will change?

LukeSpidey

Next FS game for PC and consoles - what will change?

Post by LukeSpidey »

I've been thinking about the next FS game for PC and consoles and I wonder if it is going to be an evolution or revolution.

There is a big problem with annual games in general (and yes, I know that FS is released every other year, but it is still close to annual). FIFA, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty etc. The problem with them is that every year they are almost identical. The feeling is more or less the same. There's lack of some brave steps to improve the game, usually some minor twitches here and there. They are usually the same games with new story or updated squads etc.

Then it crossed my mind and I started thinking if the same thing is going to happen to FS games.

I've played FS13, FS15 and now FS17 and to be quite honest I don't think there is a big difference between the games. I know that FS15 introduced foresty and FS17 fixes some issues but besides new machinery not much has changed. Giants has added new crops and more realism by adding 4real mods and optional plowing but I have this strange feeling that not much will change in the future.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and Giants will actually change a lot, but the industry shows that annual games suffer from lack of variety.
hopalongali

Re: Next FS game for PC and consoles - what will change?

Post by hopalongali »

Does it need to change a lot? I am really enjoying this game.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There was a big jump from fs13 to fs15 and crom fs13 to fs17. Its better to keep refreshing to keep players interested. If you have a game and dont refresh it, players will get bored of it.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Seasons and maps that are somewhat empty to start where you can place the buildings and animal farms would be a good start. Also more crop variables such as weeds, disease, insects that would need intervention such as spraying. Weather effects also, such as if it rains, you cant plant while its happening. I want an actual farm simulator, this game should be called tractor and harvestor simulator in its current state.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So how is 9 year old going to understand that?
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Have different game mode settings so the 9 year old can play the current setting.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I would like to see the missions missions from 15 in addition t the current ones, maybe some crop delivery missions.
I would like to see an option to start with no fields, cash, loan, crops (in silo), and no vehicle. Start as a hired hand.
I would like to see them make a simple version of their map editor. The editor could allow us to raise/lower land, move buildings and especially move/modify the animal zones.
I would like to see them expand on the chickens, allowing them to multiply so we can transport and sell them.
I would like to see them expand the greenhouses. They could produce pallets of fruits/vegetables that we could used to feed our livestock or sell at local markets or warehouses.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Everything thumbwiz said.
I think it's changed quite a bit. I was without my ps4 for a couple months a while ago and was forced to play fs15 on my ps3. Abd after about a week of giving it a chance, I just couldn't get back into that game. There graphic and feel for the 17 has killed 15 in my eyes. (I know others don't share this opinion)
In reality. We aren't going to get much advancement graphics until the next general of consoles /affordable graphics cards take hold. And even then I am not sure what they actually could do to revolutionize the game. Almost all games nowadays are on an evolutionary scale.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I read a thread recently about a player on PC, and no this isn't a PC vs Console war. He had edited his new map to where he had no vehicles, fields or money and was basically just a hired hand working for the surrounding farmers doing missions earning money to buy his own equipment and farm. He said that it was extremely challenging but gave the game a different feel that he enjoyed. I think that as the above posters have stated this way of gameplay should be optional as well as how we are use to starting out. This game series has come a long way in almost all aspects while still staying along the same lines of the original, if Giants completely remade, overhauled this game every release so that it was basically a brand new game I think that Giants would loose some of their fans because they like the way the series is constructed.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

mountaincowboy wrote:I read a thread recently about a player on PC, and no this isn't a PC vs Console war. He had edited his new map to where he had no vehicles, fields or money and was basically just a hired hand working for the surrounding farmers doing missions earning money to buy his own equipment and farm. He said that it was extremely challenging but gave the game a different feel that he enjoyed. I think that as the above posters have stated this way of gameplay should be optional as well as how we are use to starting out. This game series has come a long way in almost all aspects while still staying along the same lines of the original, if Giants completely remade, overhauled this game every release so that it was basically a brand new game I think that Giants would loose some of their fans because they like the way the series is constructed.
That would be a pretty cool addition of game play. I would love to start as just the hired help and slowly get more into the business and eventually buy land and start from there. Or... Maybe take a shortcut and try to get with the farmers daughter and marry your way in hahaha. Now that's starting to feel like the Sims.
But your idea is pretty cool. It could be like a other version of hard mode. Or have more farmer problems like. Weather, insects, ground conditions, rock picking. Everything would obviously have to be in moderation cause it can't feel like real work. Which if it starts getting too complicated then it might feel like that. But the possibilities of game play are almost endless.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

I'm not saying that revolution is needed in the game, at least not right now. Nevertheless some big changes will be required in the future.

I just hope that the game will give us more freedom in the next edition like building your own farm for example.

Starting each game with harvesting the field with the smallest harvester possible can get a little boring with time and don't fool yourselves - every adventure with FS games starts the same and can get monotonous very quickly.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

mountaincowboy wrote:I read a thread recently about a player on PC, and no this isn't a PC vs Console war. He had edited his new map to where he had no vehicles, fields or money and was basically just a hired hand working for the surrounding farmers doing missions earning money to buy his own equipment and farm. He said that it was extremely challenging but gave the game a different feel that he enjoyed. I think that as the above posters have stated this way of gameplay should be optional as well as how we are use to starting out. This game series has come a long way in almost all aspects while still staying along the same lines of the original, if Giants completely remade, overhauled this game every release so that it was basically a brand new game I think that Giants would loose some of their fans because they like the way the series is constructed.
That was my thread "Start with Zero" and it has really made me enjoy the game again. The only problem is that I can only do that on my PC, but I'd prefer to play on my X1. This is why i wish they would make it a toggle (to start with nothing) when you are selecting a map.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

thumbwiz wrote:
That was my thread "Start with Zero" and it has really made me enjoy the game again. The only problem is that I can only do that on my PC, but I'd prefer to play on my X1. This is why i wish they would make it a toggle (to start with nothing) when you are selecting a map.
After I made my post I went looking for your post and found it. And because of your idea I'm also going to do what you did, I found a nice little map that should be really fun to start as a hired hand.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

What would i like to see change for fs19? Well nothing really, maybe just maybe more brands, more giants 4real modules, tweak/improved already ingame engines/physics, and the ability to use the pressure washer like its ment to be used.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I will add some form of gps for user contolled vehicles, some couseplay type application, I would rather drive the harvestors instead of trucking all the time. And better hay/grass dynamics, graphics.