leonebianco24

Re: A few crops I'd love to see in FS19

Post by leonebianco24 »

In FS19 I'd like to see:
Fruit and viticolture
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

There could be a lot of fun ideas. I'd like to say Oats or flax. But that doesn't really change the gaming experience. So I'd think doing another root crop like carrots would be fun. Maybe some cotton. Or something really different like sod farming. Something that will add different machines and not just more of the same
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Cotton and rice like you said and also milo and sugarcane.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Jagtractor wrote:There could be a lot of fun ideas. I'd like to say Oats or flax. But that doesn't really change the gaming experience. So I'd think doing another root crop like carrots would be fun. Maybe some cotton. Or something really different like sod farming. Something that will add different machines and not just more of the same
I know you're playing on PS4 but I had to share this with you. I'm on PC playing a big map with alot of different types of fruit, and honestly the only cool thing about that is how it looks in the field when growing. In this map there is hemp, coffee, carrots, sugarcane and a few others but they all use the same combine, same headers and the like equipment. Yeah I get that everyone for the most part loves and wants variety but the variety is still planted, harvested and transported the same way. Your idea about sod farming is really a good idea because that would require a whole new complete line of equipment to manage and harvest that crop.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
garyst

Post by garyst »

mountaincowboy wrote:
Jagtractor wrote:There could be a lot of fun ideas. I'd like to say Oats or flax. But that doesn't really change the gaming experience. So I'd think doing another root crop like carrots would be fun. Maybe some cotton. Or something really different like sod farming. Something that will add different machines and not just more of the same
I know you're playing on PS4 but I had to share this with you. I'm on PC playing a big map with alot of different types of fruit, and honestly the only cool thing about that is how it looks in the field when growing. In this map there is hemp, coffee, carrots, sugarcane and a few others but they all use the same combine, same headers and the like equipment. Yeah I get that everyone for the most part loves and wants variety but the variety is still planted, harvested and transported the same way. Your idea about sod farming is really a good idea because that would require a whole new complete line of equipment to manage and harvest that crop.

Sugarcane cannot be harvested with a combine. It requires a different type of machine and lots of completely different types of implements that is not currently offered in fs. Here are a couple pics of sugarcane harvesting from my area.

url=https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=3RYnHfjU]Image[/url]

mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

garyst wrote:
mountaincowboy wrote:

Sugarcane cannot be harvested with a combine. It requires a different type of machine and lots of completely different types of implements that is not currently offered in fs. Here are a couple pics of sugarcane harvesting from my area.

url=https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=3RYnHfjU]Image[/url]

I know that, you know that and many others know that, what I was getting at that in the current series and the way it is and has been progressing that any new crops with be planted, harvested and transported by the same type of equipment that this game has been filled with (non PC mods) from the beginning. I think that when new crops are introduced that the associated equipment but unfortunately none of that seems like a realistic possibility for this series in the foreseeable future.
Chad

Post by Chad »

+1 for harvesting equipment to match the crop type. Many unique pieces of machinery for harvesting (sugar cane, tomatoes). Hopefully this will happen for fs19.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Cotton (which i know would be a long shot) and peanuts.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
garyst

Post by garyst »

I see what your saying mountaincowboy. Hopefully we will at least see milo make it into fs19 since all the equipment needed to grow and harvest it is already in game. Believe if we do see a new crop that requires specialized equipment it more than likely won't be something like cotton or sugarcane like me and others are wishing for it will be something that is grown in the region where giants is located since they will be more familiar with the crop and types of equipment used for it.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

garyst wrote:I see what your saying mountaincowboy. Hopefully we will at least see milo make it into fs19 since all the equipment needed to grow and harvest it is already in game. Believe if we do see a new crop that requires specialized equipment it more than likely won't be something like cotton or sugarcane like me and others are wishing for it will be something that is grown in the region where giants is located since they will be more familiar with the crop and types of equipment used for it.
Yeah you have a good point, I think some of us forget that there are players of this game literally all around the globe that have different crops, environment, equipment and so on but Giants is only one company in one building occupying one very small foot print of one country. I also would believe that accommodating new equipment to go with new crops would be a licensing nightmare, unless they tweaked the designs enough and rebranded them as lizard.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Cotton and Peanuts would be cool. I like sugarcane and sod though, that sounds really interesting. Honestly though, I'd be happy with a new game engine and some decent physics.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Smith Modding wrote:Cotton and Peanuts would be cool. I like sugarcane and sod though, that sounds really interesting. Honestly though, I'd be happy with a new game engine and some decent physics.
Here is something I found where one of the Giants team discusses the game engine.

There's no need for a discussion about a new game engine. Unless you know of a game engine that would meet the requirements for FS fully, or at least almost fully, there's no point in using a different engine. Our own game engine has still lots of potential to update/upgrade by adding new features we need, or switching out parts for better ones, if we find some or write the required stuff ourselves.

Most people don't know or understand how unique FS is regarding technical features. That's why some people are asking for a complete new engine.
Anyone understanding the basic concept of game engines will know why we stick to our own engine for now and most likely also for the forseeable future.
PS4
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

canadafarms wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:Cotton and Peanuts would be cool. I like sugarcane and sod though, that sounds really interesting. Honestly though, I'd be happy with a new game engine and some decent physics.
Here is something I found where one of the Giants team discusses the game engine.

There's no need for a discussion about a new game engine. Unless you know of a game engine that would meet the requirements for FS fully, or at least almost fully, there's no point in using a different engine. Our own game engine has still lots of potential to update/upgrade by adding new features we need, or switching out parts for better ones, if we find some or write the required stuff ourselves.

Most people don't know or understand how unique FS is regarding technical features. That's why some people are asking for a complete new engine.
Anyone understanding the basic concept of game engines will know why we stick to our own engine for now and most likely also for the forseeable future.
Ok *thumbsup* if that's the case, I'd like to see them add some unique features. I just feel there is a bunch of potential GIANTS isn't quite using.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Smith Modding wrote:
canadafarms wrote:

Ok *thumbsup* if that's the case, I'd like to see them add some unique features. I just feel there is a bunch of potential GIANTS isn't quite using.
I can also see the company point of view on using there own game engine most games use a 3rd party one and that causes a heap of trouble in repairs bugs and issues. The game Engine they use is fine and can be used to do more issue is writing the code and material needed for it is long and very intensive to get write one wrong 0 or 1 and the game can either crash or have bugs threw out. Keeping a system the staff knows very well makes things easier in the long run and short term run also.