Post by thumbwiz »

I'd like to see Sod and related equiptment
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Bluesman

Re: A few crops I'd love to see in FS19

Post by Bluesman »

An apple orchard would be great.
Money can't buy happiness. It can however buy a Tractor... which is pretty much the same thing.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins
Chad

Post by Chad »

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the licensing nightmare theory. I spent literally under a minute on the internet, and it shows that case IH makes sugarcane harvesters. So I can't buy that one. And if they are not trying to push the envelope with new crops and equipment, what the hell are they doing? I would personally take this many times over the "amazing map detail" that gets thrown out there all the time.

This is not a rant at all. I love this game: prolly have 1000+ hours on fs17 alone. It just irritates me when I see the "it's probably too hard" stuff. And , just me personally, will be massively disappointed if fs19 does not have new crops AND matching equipment.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Chad wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the licensing nightmare theory. I spent literally under a minute on the internet, and it shows that case IH makes sugarcane harvesters. So I can't buy that one. And if they are not trying to push the envelope with new crops and equipment, what the hell are they doing? I would personally take this many times over the "amazing map detail" that gets thrown out there all the time.

This is not a rant at all. I love this game: prolly have 1000+ hours on fs17 alone. It just irritates me when I see the "it's probably too hard" stuff. And , just me personally, will be massively disappointed if fs19 does not have new crops AND matching equipment.
Yeah I know they do, there has been a bit of discussion about this specific topic. We all know that the brands in the game offer ALOT more varied pieces of equipment then what is in the game, the problem with that is, if I remember correctly, Giants have to get a license for each piece of equipment they use, sometimes they can get a whole lineup with a license but not always.... And yeah your comment was a little "rant" and snarky with the way the last part came across, I was just giving my input based on what I've read in the past months not just one post.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I also dont believe the too hard idea. I think this is a pretty simple game compared to multiplayer games say like battlefield or the call of duty series.
garyst

Post by garyst »

When it comes to sugarcane the harvester would be the easiest thing to add since case ih is already in game. It's the other implements like planters, tillage equipment, fertilizer applicators and so on that will be more of a challenge to get licensing from. I been living in louisiana my whole life and only know a few brands that make implements for cane production. Most the equipment is made in Mexico and the farmers themselves also custom build alot of their implements too. Unless giants make their own versions of these implements and just call them lizards. Another challenge when it comes to adding sugarcane to fs is that it usually has a three year growing cycle before it needs to be replanted. In the year it needs to be replanted another crop is grown like soybeans or sometimes winter wheat. After the soybeans are harvested in early August they will plant the sugarcane which will not be harvested until the winter the year after it was planted. Sometimes they will also precision level the fields in the off year before planting the new crop. So I don't really expect to see sugarcane added to the game any time soon even though I really wish and hope it does someday. Here are a couple more pics of some cane planters and harvesters I took just for fun.

theSeb

Post by theSeb »

mountaincowboy wrote:
garyst wrote:
mountaincowboy wrote:
I know you're playing on PS4 but I had to share this with you. I'm on PC playing a big map with alot of different types of fruit, and honestly the only cool thing about that is how it looks in the field when growing. In this map there is hemp, coffee, carrots, sugarcane and a few others but they all use the same combine, same headers and the like equipment. Yeah I get that everyone for the most part loves and wants variety but the variety is still planted, harvested and transported the same way. Your idea about sod farming is really a good idea because that would require a whole new complete line of equipment to manage and harvest that crop.

Sugarcane cannot be harvested with a combine. It requires a different type of machine and lots of completely different types of implements that is not currently offered in fs. Here are a couple pics of sugarcane harvesting from my area.

url=https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=3RYnHfjU]Image[/url]

I know that, you know that and many others know that, what I was getting at that in the current series and the way it is and has been progressing that any new crops with be planted, harvested and transported by the same type of equipment that this game has been filled with (non PC mods) from the beginning. I think that when new crops are introduced that the associated equipment but unfortunately none of that seems like a realistic possibility for this series in the foreseeable future.
Why? When potatoes and sugarbeet were introduced into the game they came with the appropriate seeding and harvesting equipment. When sunflowers were introduced we got new and appropriate headers for the combines. The same will happen if Giants decides to add any more crops.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

One I would like to see added?

Peanuts. Lots of really cool equipment.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

dunnjob wrote:One I would like to see added?

Peanuts. Lots of really cool equipment.
Agreed. Just now watching a YouTube video on peanut harvesting. This took me to B6russel Sprouts, onions, carrots and parsley harvesting too. These would make a great addition to the game.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I don't buy the whole game engine excuse. If it is sufficient enough then why are there so many console limitations? Half of the units sold are for consoles. There are other console games that are much more involved and seem limitless in ability
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Different types of flowers (tulips etc) would also be cool. Would certainly give a very nice color setting if you plant different kinds close to eachother.
PS4 player
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

ErwinR55 wrote:Different types of flowers (tulips etc) would also be cool. Would certainly give a very nice color setting if you plant different kinds close to eachother.
Tulip harvesting is very interesting. Watched a YouTube video on it. Wouldn't say no to that in game.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Guil

Post by Guil »

DeereJason wrote:I don't buy the whole game engine excuse. If it is sufficient enough then why are there so many console limitations? Half of the units sold are for consoles. There are other console games that are much more involved and seem limitless in ability
It's no excuse. All console limitations are from limited hardware. Do you expect to get around a track in a mini as fast as a Ferrari can get around in? They both do the same thing afterall.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Guil wrote:
DeereJason wrote:I don't buy the whole game engine excuse. If it is sufficient enough then why are there so many console limitations? Half of the units sold are for consoles. There are other console games that are much more involved and seem limitless in ability
It's no excuse. All console limitations are from limited hardware. Do you expect to get around a track in a mini as fast as a Ferrari can get around in? They both do the same thing afterall.
Guil are you from Britain? Btw- Ford GT is better than both of those cars *thumbsup* :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Guil

Post by Guil »

Smith Modding wrote:
Guil wrote:
Guil are you from Britain? Btw- Ford GT is better than both of those cars *thumbsup* :lol:
Close enough but no dice. I'm from Ireland. Ford gt is a class car. Have you seen the new one? It sounds amazing.