Leaving the game

baltic1284

Re: Leaving the game

Post by baltic1284 »

Erica Von wrote:wonders if he has done any of the xbox 1 updates sometimes if you dont' update when MS offers the update then strange things will happen. or Check on warranty status with xbox live see if your xbox has warranty if it does then you can get your xbox fixed.
assuming I own a XBOX 1 does not help the situation and I am not the only one having the same issue on PC.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

baltic1284 wrote:
Erica Von wrote:wonders if he has done any of the xbox 1 updates sometimes if you dont' update when MS offers the update then strange things will happen. or Check on warranty status with xbox live see if your xbox has warranty if it does then you can get your xbox fixed.
assuming I own a XBOX 1 does not help the situation and I am not the only one having the same issue on PC.
Don't get snippy with her, she was just trying to offer some assistance. Keep in mind that it's not always the game or developers fault, more times then not it is a hardware issue or whatever platform your playing on issue.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Guess you missed my edit of my post on the previous page.

Since its AMD GPU is the processor on your pc AMD as well? also note that AMD has always had a piping issue with MS windows OS's cause they claim compatibility with the x86 standard however that is not entirely true. Is why I always insist on Intel boards and processors because that is the standard set for building games and software.
Being a Engineer in hardware software development. I had to find out the hard way on that contacted AMD processor support and finally got them to admit all of their processors and graphics cards are not 100% compatible with the Intel/Microsoft standard. I do have it in writing from them. You see AMD processors have a different branching method than Intel processors so they do have issues from time to time. Especially floating point errors.

In working with hardware R & D Integration with different pieces of equipment to software development I have run across lots of issues with AMD Now there are games designed with AMD in mind even says game is for AMD processors and graphics cards and will run in enhanced mode. And since the world runs on Intel and MS Software AMD has to say they are compatible when in reality they are not. Is why people have problems with games that developers design around the intel MS standard. I used to buy ATI graphics cards then AMD bought them out and you could not give me one for free now. Because when AMD bought them they changed the firmware of the GPU's to run better on AMD Main boards and processors.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Like Guil said, when you uninstall the game, make sure you delete the Farming Sim folder or any other files that the uninstall process may have left behind.

When you re-install the game, can you run it with NO mods or DLC content installed and see if it runs??

Do any other games run ok??
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

mdoss wrote:Like Guil said, when you uninstall the game, make sure you delete the Farming Sim folder or any other files that the uninstall process may have left behind.

When you re-install the game, can you run it with NO mods or DLC content installed and see if it runs??

Do any other games run ok??
Did that 4 times and the game gets the same issue with or with out mods no matter what I do unless I out the game in windowed then it works fine anything else it goes black screen and it never did that before. Checked the Log File and both game files the main one in the game foldr and the one in documents where different corrected that ran once fin went straight to black screen ever since. Also it only affects Farming Simulator all other games work fine not a single issue at all.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Erica Von wrote:Guess you missed my edit of my post on the previous page.

Since its AMD GPU is the processor on your pc AMD as well? also note that AMD has always had a piping issue with MS windows OS's cause they claim compatibility with the x86 standard however that is not entirely true. Is why I always insist on Intel boards and processors because that is the standard set for building games and software.
Being a Engineer in hardware software development. I had to find out the hard way on that contacted AMD processor support and finally got them to admit all of their processors and graphics cards are not 100% compatible with the Intel/Microsoft standard. I do have it in writing from them. You see AMD processors have a different branching method than Intel processors so they do have issues from time to time. Especially floating point errors.

In working with hardware R & D Integration with different pieces of equipment to software development I have run across lots of issues with AMD Now there are games designed with AMD in mind even says game is for AMD processors and graphics cards and will run in enhanced mode. And since the world runs on Intel and MS Software AMD has to say they are compatible when in reality they are not. Is why people have problems with games that developers design around the intel MS standard. I used to buy ATI graphics cards then AMD bought them out and you could not give me one for free now. Because when AMD bought them they changed the firmware of the GPU's to run better on AMD Main boards and processors.
Two things if it was my graphics card every single game and or system that requires that system would be affected all round one way or another. The other AMD has come a long way with compatibility and usually if it is AMD ATI in some way they pretty good at releasing an update to fix the issue. Might not be the next day but they do fix it. AMD does have problems don't get me wrong but so does all the other company with another one way or another. This is just affecting one game in one way which is what makes it odd.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

However I have less issues with Intel/MS due to hardware than any other hardware.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Erica Von wrote:However I have less issues with Intel/MS due to hardware than any other hardware.
True that is true I don't think it is my hardware as the game runs fine in windowed mode but not full screen mode. This is internal issue with game is my best bet as I haven't heard anything from the Devs or anyone for that manner on anything for this issue and I have scrolled the forums and seems lots of other players are having the same issue as I am fro reason or another.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Why is it that some people just don't understand logic?
If you can't provide logs, then there is no way to troubleshoot your issue, especially if the developer can't reproduce the same problem.
Scenario: You Double-Click the FS17 Icon to start the game. All you get is a black screen and no logs. Honestly, if Giants can't reproduce that then what do you expect them to do. Since this started with the big bud dlc, then I'd suggest uninstalling the dlc so you can play.
I'd also suggest looking at your recent updates to see if anything was done with your graphics card. I doubt the dlc singled you out, so since it seems to be working fine for others then yours must be system related, and not something the developer can resolve for you.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Download any 3rd party mods before this happened???... Have a friend that plays on pc and similar thing happened to him... Was eventually able to link it to 3rd party mod that apparently had some kind of Trojan horse virus embedded in it.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

CattleMan wrote:Download any 3rd party mods before this happened???... Have a friend that plays on pc and similar thing happened to him... Was eventually able to link it to 3rd party mod that apparently had some kind of Trojan horse virus embedded in it.
had third party mods before the issue started and the mods never changed at all I didn't add any more mods to the list I even removed theme just in case that was the case not the first it happened and nothing changed.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

so you say that you can run the game in windowed mode but not in full screen.
I would run a memory check of the GDDR memory on your card. Also go to system and check the cards available GDDR number if you have say 2gb and windows says you have 512mb then the issue is with your card also check the fan on the card see if its working or not. sometimes fan on video card gets dust build up and stops working heating up your card damaging memory. Also check the heat sink on the card make sure its free of dust. If the graphics card is built in to the mainboard you might need extra cooling. Just some helpful tips.

Also run a malware check of your OS use malware bytes its free. I can't give you a link because of the rules here.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Erica Von wrote:so you say that you can run the game in windowed mode but not in full screen.
I would run a memory check of the GDDR memory on your card. Also go to system and check the cards available GDDR number if you have say 2gb and windows says you have 512mb then the issue is with your card also check the fan on the card see if its working or not. sometimes fan on video card gets dust build up and stops working heating up your card damaging memory. Also check the heat sink on the card make sure its free of dust. If the graphics card is built in to the mainboard you might need extra cooling. Just some helpful tips.

Also run a malware check of your OS use malware bytes its free. I can't give you a link because of the rules here.
Nothing malware bytes wise and I have two graphics cards in my computer and way more memory then the game needs to run safely well above all requirements cleaned the system Sunday lots of dust but no fix.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

check your power supply its going to be like 2 25 amp rails that run the graphics cards you might be low on power there.
depending on what kind of power supply, lets say its a 850watt, however not all power supply's are equal at any stated wattage.
read the fine print on them you will find the efficiency list by percentage so lets say for laughs your power supply is 80%l effective that means your not getting 850 watts maybe 800 or so. usually the ones that say 95% and are gold listed will give you near rated. Next age plays a big part in this if your power supply is say 2 years old then it degrades lower than rated.
Last edited by Erica Von on Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

power supply provides more power than both cards need I got a 1800 one and the cards combined only need something like 1400