WestBridge Hill Update

FragDad

WestBridge Hill Update

Post by FragDad »

1st and foremost Giants software we are your customers. If you produce a quality product we will come back and continue to buy. This allows you to repeat the process again. If your quality drops this makes loyal customers like me question if I should continue spend my hard earned cash with you.
It's a pattern I've seen with other software houses, who are sadly no longer with us, as they also forgot the fundamentals of business, that being look after your customers.
This situation of releasing broken maps, could be fixed so easily. all you have to do is manage the release date better by added additional time any new map to be published. To allow a number of selected players to beta test the map prior to release.
Constantly improving quality is the mark of a long term company complete with long term customers.
Just some old boy who likes playing FS19 on PC .
RODHA

Re: WestBridge Hill Update

Post by RODHA »

Giants is arround at least since 2003 if not earlier.
I think they know a thing or two about customer satisfaction.
As you mentioned, it is not possible to stay long on the market without compensating customer requests and quality expectation.

Westbridge Hills had some issues yes but they were not game disruptor so, I don't think they deserve such criticism.
Especially if you consider the amount of the content we are getting for what we pay.

Personally I'm a pretty satisfied customer and want to thank Giants for the good job they've been doing since I met them with FS17.

Everybody makes mistakes. What is important is which one is more, the pros or the cons?
PS5 / FS22
FragDad

Post by FragDad »

Thank you for your feedback. However my argument still stands.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

RODHA wrote:Giants is arround at least since 2003 if not earlier.
I think they know a thing or two about customer satisfaction.
As you mentioned, it is not possible to stay long on the market without compensating customer requests and quality expectation.

Westbridge Hills had some issues yes but they were not game disruptor so, I don't think they deserve such criticism.
Especially if you consider the amount of the content we are getting for what we pay.

Personally I'm a pretty satisfied customer and want to thank Giants for the good job they've been doing since I met them with FS17.

Everybody makes mistakes. What is important is which one is more, the pros or the cons?
I will second that I play west bridge hills map and my issue was the feeding trough I fixed that by using the Juno 150's.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Erica Von wrote:I will second that I play west bridge hills map and my issue was the feeding trough I fixed that by using the Juno 150's.
Juno was also my solution to that too.
That little ladybug always works amazing.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

If you are a console player you can't beta test, thoughnyou can report bugs on the bug page. Where it says beta on the modpage its not really a finished mod or not intended for consoles. None of the mods have major breaks in them, there are a few that need updates but nothing major.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Giants customer service is the best I have encountered. I gave emailed them a couple times. They always get back to me within a few hours....not days, hours. I use Westbridge hills and don't have any problems on it. They released an update a couple days later. I will continue to buy the series in the future.
FS 22 and loving it.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I must admit to not taking the update... yet. I harvested a large quantity of Beets (800K+) and put them in the silos. Not being sure of the effects of the update I decided to ignore it for now.
FragDad

Post by FragDad »

eric21 wrote:If you are a console player you can't beta test, thoughnyou can report bugs on the bug page. Where it says beta on the modpage its not really a finished mod or not intended for consoles. None of the mods have major breaks in them, there are a few that need updates but nothing major.
Hi Thank you for your response, I have played many betas on PS3 and PS4 with the battlefield series and battlefield hardline to name a few.

What annoyed me was having to restart the whole map, having spent many hours getting to a good stage. Only to be told it has to be reset. This has happened with a number of maps recently. I therefore don't think it is unreasonable to make a complaint.
FragDad

Post by FragDad »

I am not sure why I am getting so much stick on this subject.
I am not saying they are bad people.
I don't have to be grateful for something I have paid for.
I am trying point out where improvements can be made.
Any company including my own value customer feedback of any kind good or bad. It it vital you understand what your customer think so you can make improvements.
As I've said I would value a response from Giants.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I think it is because your are taking just one subject and use it to say that Giants don't know how to do things.
If you generalize one problem people don't focus on that problem, they focus on the generalized part.
Giants do make mistakes as everybody does. Looking every subject separately might be a better way of criticizing I guess.
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

FragDad wrote:I am not sure why I am getting so much stick on this subject.
I am not saying they are bad people.
I don't have to be grateful for something I have paid for.
I am trying point out where improvements can be made.
Any company including my own value customer feedback of any kind good or bad. It it vital you understand what your customer think so you can make improvements.
As I've said I would value a response from Giants.
Except that you didn't pay for Westbridge Hill. It was a nice, little free gift from a software company, which is something you should be grateful for, especially in an industry which will try to charge people for non-functional horse armour.

What response are you actually hoping for? You haven't mentioned any specific issues, apart from your tirade about the value of customer feedback. Customer feedback is important. You haven't given any that is actually constructive.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

theSeb wrote:Except that you didn't pay for Westbridge Hill. It was a nice, little free gift from a software company, which is something you should be grateful for, especially in an industry which will try to charge people for non-functional horse armour.

What response are you actually hoping for? You haven't mentioned any specific issues, apart from your tirade about the value of customer feedback. Customer feedback is important. You haven't given any that is actually constructive.
+1 well said *thumbsup*

Gaming industry is really ugly in general and Giants is doing a great job against the prefered path of the industry.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FragDad wrote:
eric21 wrote:If you are a console player you can't beta test, thoughnyou can report bugs on the bug page. Where it says beta on the modpage its not really a finished mod or not intended for consoles. None of the mods have major breaks in them, there are a few that need updates but nothing major.
Hi Thank you for your response, I have played many betas on PS3 and PS4 with the battlefield series and battlefield hardline to name a few.

What annoyed me was having to restart the whole map, having spent many hours getting to a good stage. Only to be told it has to be reset. This has happened with a number of maps recently. I therefore don't think it is unreasonable to make a complaint.
Are u talking about starting a new save on maps after updates?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

FragDad wrote:What annoyed me was having to restart the whole map, having spent many hours getting to a good stage. Only to be told it has to be reset. This has happened with a number of maps recently. I therefore don't think it is unreasonable to make a complaint.
Bless your heart... :frown:

:lol: No really though, have there been any mod maps released that didn't get an update in the first month? This is expected. We deal with it and start over and are happy that bugs are getting dealt with. It's not the end of the world, especially considering it's FREE content.

One more point, it's not like you "level up" in this game or get to a "stage". I don't understand what the big deal is about starting over. I've done it many times. You cheat in the money you had + enough to get your equipment back and if you had crops in your silos, cheat in the money you would get from selling them. Had bales? Silage? You make more. That's literally the whole point of the game is to farm. There's no end-game or final boss or prestige or special new game....

Anyways, not trying to sound like I'm ranting (I am a little) but I don't understand this thread at all.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!