Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

juf.de

Re: Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Post by juf.de »

Ah finally some iso unit of measurement, thank you :D
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

105500 is 52 and a half ton. A ton is 2000 pounds we have kw c500s up here which are fine but anything over 105500 needs a permit anything below doesn't. Again that is in North Dakota other states have different limits. New Jersey for instance on the turnpike only you can haul 3 53 foot trailers not sure on the weight restrictions though
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

I totally agree with what has been said about weight limits in the USA. However having worked both in the trucking industry and in the farming industry I know that what is "legal" and what actually happens are 2 different things. I have personally seen a truck delivering a load of fertilizer in a set of Wilson A-train Hopper Bottom trailers roll across a scale at 186,360 US pounds GVW. I know the exact weight because I was the one working the scale window that evening. That particular truck was running a Cat 3406E engine, dual turbos, and a BullyDog tune at 725 HP. So 950 HP is absolutely plenty of power to pull anything legal, and a whole lot more illegal.
Last edited by CattleMan on Tue May 23, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

A metric tonne is 2208 US pounds.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

Roger Davo79 I only thought they were in Aussie and Canadian thts good to know.
And I totally understand you Cattleman I run over weight 80% of the time with livestock and the excuse to use if caught is how can I tell how much they each weigh haha
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

this will rock on westbridge
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Kieran583 wrote: And I totally understand you Cattleman I run over weight 80% of the time with livestock and the excuse to use if caught is how can I tell how much they each weigh haha

Lol... Yeah I get that... Used to be a Bull Hauler myself. Once ran a load of cows and calves out of the hills that probably grossed 99,000 pounds with a Peterbilt 379 tandem axle truck, and a 48 foot tandem axle bull wagon. I had the nose double decked and stuffed with calves, belly and top deck stuffed with mother cows, doghouse and tail stuffed with more calves. And I still had to leave 2 calves behind and come back with a horse trailer for them the next day.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

CattleMan wrote:
Kieran583 wrote: And I totally understand you Cattleman I run over weight 80% of the time with livestock and the excuse to use if caught is how can I tell how much they each weigh haha

Lol... Yeah I get that... Used to be a Bull Hauler myself. Once ran a load of cows and calves out of the hills that probably grossed 99,000 pounds with a Peterbilt 379 tandem axle truck, and a 48 foot tandem axle bull wagon. I had the nose double decked and stuffed with calves, belly and top deck stuffed with mother cows, doghouse and tail stuffed with more calves. And I still had to leave 2 calves behind and come back with a horse trailer for them the next day.
You should have elbowed the other two in there, lol.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

I tried but they kept ending up on top of others and then at least one would go down... I didn't really want one getting tromped to death on the trip.
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

CattleMan wrote:I totally agree with what has been said about weight limits in the USA. However having worked both in the trucking industry and in the farming industry I know that what is "legal" and what actually happens are 2 different things. I have personally seen a truck delivering a load of fertilizer in a set of Wilson A-train Hopper Bottom trailers roll across a scale at 186,360 US pounds GVW. I know the exact weight because I was the one working the scale window that evening. That particular truck was running a Cat 3406E engine, dual turbos, and a BullyDog tune at 725 HP. So 950 HP is absolutely plenty of power to pull anything legal, and a whole lot more illegal.
Him on top of being a farmer I am a certified diesel mechanic with cat Cummins Detroit and volvo/Mack papers under my belt. And that motor is a c15 acert not an e model. And while 725 is enough it's not efficient. My personal truck is a 379 Pete with a 6nz cat in it that is pdi tuned with c18 injectors cam and crank ported head a compound kit and some of my own personal injector trims and I'm at 1100. Now mind you there's 60k into the engine alone. It's backed by an 08ll Eaton trans which is the strongest made Eaton 46k rears with 336 gears tall 24.5 rubber a 32k pusher and a 14k front end. More truck than 99 percent of people ever need and maxed out at 105500 pulling an 8% grade I still lose speed. Not much maybe 10mph but lose it none the less.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Man I wish I could afford a truck like that! Any truck that can pull an 8% and only loose 10 mph is like you say way more than most anybody needs... Takes a very good driver with a levelhead and lots of experience to drive a truck like that without killing himself or others, and also not burn it down.
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

CattleMan wrote:Man I wish I could afford a truck like that! Any truck that can pull an 8% and only loose 10 mph is like you say way more than most anybody needs... Takes a very good driver with a levelhead and lots of experience to drive a truck like that without killing himself or others, and also not burn it down.
It's all in the gearing.
cpu_m_rossi

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

Davo79 wrote:
cpu_m_rossi wrote:
OneAmongOthers wrote: That's because it's nonsense to pull two 70k trailers. There's a reason it struggles.
true but so is being basically a time lord and accelerating time by 120x, teleporting to vehicles instantly, getting milk from cows that never go to the milking machine, loading sewing machines just by being near a pallet of seeds/fertilizer, ect..
the list of unrealistic stuff is fairly long with out mods, so why is pulling 140k liters nonsense in FS17? BTW if I want to play in a nonsense way I can :biggrin2:

In north dakota where I live the max we can pull is 1425 bushel if we have 7 axles total truck and trailer that's just over 50k liters. So nobody ever pulls 140k liters. Even if you could legally 950 horse isn't enough hp to do it.
that's the great thing about games they aren't real so you can do stuff that is well illegal in the real world or just plain bonkers. :mrgreen:
Null

Post by Null »

Davo79 wrote:
Null wrote:
Davo79 wrote:In north dakota where I live the max we can pull is 1425 bushel if we have 7 axles total truck and trailer that's just over 50k liters. So nobody ever pulls 140k liters. Even if you could legally 950 horse isn't enough hp to do it.
In FS17, 950HP is plenty.
So there's 35 liters to a bushel. A bushel of wheat is 60lbs the max you can haul anywhere in the us without a permit (state allowing that is) is 105500 pounds. So a 4 axle tractor with a 4 axle trailer weighs in at just about 30k which leaves you with 75500 you can haul or just shy of 1300 bushels. So what really limits us is length. A 4 axle tractor is going to have at least a 280 wb and with a 53 foot trailer you well exceed the 75 ft length limit for a single trailer. Max period is 95 in North Dakota and federal unless you are on the Interstate and then you can get permits like fed ex does to haul 2 48ft trailers but they can still only be 105500 lbs give. Now just for wheat 140k liters is 220000 lbs just in grain alone. So 260000 gvw that's 130 tons and unless you're geared right have a purpose built clutch double frame 18k front axle 46k rears heavier drivelines 410 diffs tall rubber and a jeep or 2 for weight distribution. 950hp is an ok number and a bit on the low side but will still get bogged down on hills at 130 ton.
My point was that in FS17, you will be able to pull three 70k litre trailers without a problem using this mod.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC