Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

BreadedVirus

Re: Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Post by BreadedVirus »

I like the update. Interior lighting is a thing I wish all trucks and tractors had in the game for consoles.

Thanks BSM *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

garyst wrote:Can you still attach the holmer Auger wagon body to it after the update? If not I definitely won't be updating.
Yes
the big print giveth the small print taketh
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

BC144601 wrote: After extensive testing.
Updated 850 Hook truck:

There are more positives then negatives.
Positives:
1. He addressed the collision problem(s) when the Hook truck had the Bregman 48k liter container loaded.
2. He also addressed the collision problem(s) the Hook truck was having when hauling the Bergman 48k liter container while towing the IT Runner trailer.
3. He addressed the problem with the lights illuminating property on the ground.
4. Some of the dashboard instruments are now illuminated/with indicators for turn signals, lights/high beams.
5. He addressed the problem(s) with body roll when hauling heavy loads.
6. Working rear PTO.
7. While in Hook lift form it's no longer required to disconnect the Hook lift adapter to use the fifth wheel head.

Negatives:
1. After starting the vehicle it's slower to take off (move) compared before patch.
2. Turning radius has been reduced by a lot, even with 4 wheel steering engaged.
3. When in Hook lift form you can't see the fifth wheel head, however when in Hook lift form you can still use the fifth wheel head and connect to fifth wheel trailers.

Overall the update fixed a lot of problems the 850 Hook truck was having, other than the turning radius being what it is, you should update the truck.
So far I've decided not to update mostly because of the turning radius. Also I don't know, what will the update do to my ingame trucks. I've got two of them both with atteched hooklift extension and 48k L Bergmann. What would happed if I updated? Would the Bergmanns fall off? Will I have the hooklift variant of the truck or would I have to modify?

I use Bergmanns both on the truck as well as towed one on the IT runner trailer. I am aware of some slight tilting of the one on the truck, but that's just a minor visual issue. Otherwise I have no problem with the truck as it is. I don't care about about dashboard as I use external view as well as PTO.

And I have no idea whatsoever what is a fifth wheel. It must be something redundant I guess. In my language if somebody is somewhere, where nobody wants him to be, we call him the fifth wheel. :-D

Oh and since I made a quick video yesterday and thanks to someone here (tacofarmer?) I finally know how to use the youtube button, theres one of the 850 truck with the 4000 flatbed. I was testing, if there's any use of the flatbed for me and the only case I found was to move the Scorpionking, which is slower than a retarded turtle.
Well, kudos to BsM for making the flatbed kinda magnetic or how to call it. I was expecting for the Ponsse to slide to kingdom come after a couple of meters. But as seen in video, thanks to ingame camera I have no idea where I'm going. In the end I roll it over going quite slow, so the question is: Is this the truck's bug? Or did I do some mistake? I might have driven over something, as you can see, I didn't see anything.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

The fifth wheel is the coupling device on the back of a tractor unit that locks the pin of a trailer.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I've heard "fifth wheel" being used for the trailer hitch on a semi truck from a couple of American farmers in youtube videos. May be it is an American way of using it. I don't know :hmm: And as I always wondered what it is called, the word just stuck to me.

My opinions on the 850 update:

1) It was fun and practical in the first version but Holmer / ITR compatibility was wrong since the begining imo. As I've said before, if we start doing everything with any machine then what? I think mods must be on a fine line between realism and practicality.

2) All the collusion problems have been fixed and that is a great thing if you use the truck in long term. At the end of the day it is supposed to do what it was intentended for perfectly instead of being able to do everything.

3) The truck now feels like a proper and capable big truck as it should. No crazy accelerations, no F1 braking, no fighter jet turning at high speeds, etc. It is silky smooth and much easier to operate when you use it like a big truck.

4) Yes turning radius is seriously increased but so what? I mean look at that thing. It is long, it is heavy and it is big. What would you expect irl? And I can still steer it in every corner of Drumard. No issues. Just one more manoeuvre, thats it. It acts like a big truck as it should realistically. I love it.

5) Interior lighting is the best so far. Tatra ITR was great but this one has much crispier and delightful illumination on the instrument cluster. Perfect.

6) More controllable with a trailer attached at the back.

7) Flatbed works better when it is loaded.

Overall, it is a much better and realistic big truck before as it should have been since the begining.
I love it more that way. Imo, what BsM did was absolutely the right thing.
Yes it lost some crazy practicality and fun but it gained realism and controllability.

Thank you BsM, that was for the better imo :hi: *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

masterplan wrote: In the end I roll it over going quite slow, so the question is: Is this the truck's bug? Or did I do some mistake? I might have driven over something, as you can see, I didn't see anything.

You have driven over the elevated corner, then hit the hedge that's a fixed object.
But why are you zooming in on the vehicle all the time, very irritating and frustrating. Mine never does this.
Last edited by ErwinR55 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 player
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

ErwinR55 wrote: You have driven over the elevated corner, then hit the sign post if that's a fixed object?.
But why are you zooming in on the vehicle all the time, very irritating and frustrating. Mine never does this.
Elevated corner it is. Sign has no collision.

Yeah it does that camera zooming into the Ponsse by itself. That's why I'm complaining. I can't see where I'm going, so sometimes I quickly switch to on board camera to at least see something.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I just edited my post :P you hit the hedge afterwards.

But my camera stays where it is unless I move it (probably option to set this on).
PS4 player
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Do you use that camera mod? I don't.
empato

Post by empato »

RODHA wrote:I've heard "fifth wheel" being used for the trailer hitch on a semi truck from a couple of American farmers in youtube videos. May be it is an American way of using it. I don't know :hmm: And as I always wondered what it is called, the word just stuck to me.

My opinions on the 850 update:

1) It was fun and practical in the first version but Holmer / ITR compatibility was wrong since the begining imo. As I've said before, if we start doing everything with any machine then what? I think mods must be on a fine line between realism and practicality.

2) All the collusion problems have been fixed and that is a great thing if you use the truck in long term. At the end of the day it is supposed to do what it was intentended for perfectly instead of being able to do everything.

3) The truck now feels like a proper and capable big truck as it should. No crazy accelerations, no F1 braking, no fighter jet turning at high speeds, etc. It is silky smooth and much easier to operate when you use it like a big truck.

4) Yes turning radius is seriously increased but so what? I mean look at that thing. It is long, it is heavy and it is big. What would you expect irl? And I can still steer it in every corner of Drumard. No issues. Just one more manoeuvre, thats it. It acts like a big truck as it should realistically. I love it.

5) Interior lighting is the best so far. Tatra ITR was great but this one has much crispier and delightful illumination on the instrument cluster. Perfect.

6) More controllable with a trailer attached at the back.

7) Flatbed works better when it is loaded.

Overall, it is a much better and realistic big truck before as it should have been since the begining.
I love it more that way. Imo, what BsM did was absolutely the right thing.
Yes it lost some crazy practicality and fun but it gained realism and controllability.

Thank you BsM, that was for the better imo :hi: *thumbsup*
Totally agree with all of your points. I really appreciate all the improvements which were made on this updated version. Thanks to BSM for making this nice truck much better (and realistic) this time.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

masterplan wrote:Do you use that camera mod? I don't.
Yes, that thing is so much better.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:
RODHA wrote:But we got those now.

-Added back PTO
-Added lights interior

So, we now have a more powerful tractor than the Holmer with less price.
Holmer never had PTO (I told you before), so that's not a valid point now.
You should be ashamed of shouting at a littile child :lol: :lol:

Yes you did and I forgot as always :biggrin2: But still my point remains. 850 has a PTO and it has become the 2nd most powerful tractor in the game.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

ErwinR55 wrote:
masterplan wrote:Do you use that camera mod? I don't.
Yes, that thing is so much better.
I was using it on GCV, but it was annoying on Lawfolds, so I stopped using it.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It felt annoying to me too at first but then I got used to it. Now I can't do without it.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Tried it out with your settings Masterplan.

So camera vehicle collision on, and auto reset camera after switching.

Those are the 2 worst options you can have for my feeling lolz.
That camera really spins around like a mad dog when the angles come in the wrong place.
And what camera speed setting do you have? 300x? :P

Put reset camera position on off, and use the camera mod for a much much easier life. But it is upto your gameplay style of course, but don't complain about visibility on the roads hahaha.
PS4 player