Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

PigKing

Re: Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Post by PigKing »

FordFarmer97 wrote:^^ It isn't out yet.
Thank you for that info, who is making it?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

PigKing wrote:
Blacksheep Modding. It's the thread title!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Smith Modding wrote:Beat you to it lefe :lol: This is from their discord
I did see this but i didn't post this because it is for pc only because it has seasons. so if it isn't for everyone I won't post it.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ Sweet looking map. I can't wait to play it! I think I am looking most forward to the removable hedges!!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

This map looks insanely amazing. Wow
PigKing

Post by PigKing »

FordFarmer97 wrote:
PigKing wrote:
Blacksheep Modding. It's the thread title!
Thank you from the looks of it I thought you were somebody else was making it based on this thread that I'm commenting in right now I do have them on Discord I just haven't checked out Discord lately I've been a little busy with family little bit of a problem but everyone is okay
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

:frown: the release will be in November :frown: why? :frown:
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

lefe1 wrote:
RODHA wrote:Remember from which point we have lost the west coast.
But the difference between west coast and the valley is that west coast map was build to run on pc specs not consoles then they tried to upload it to consoles and it didn't work. BsM from the start makes his stuff to consoles specs.

The West Coast runs fine on console, it just happens to have 1 unique issue which GIANTS have never had on console before, where it crashes when you exit out of the map. But this is nothing to do with performance of the map. Perhaps it would be best if you check first before posting "facts" about my map. *thumbsup*

I am sure BsM will have done there best, with there experience of getting Old Streams onto console that will help them for sure.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ did it crash the game or the console? And did it do it every time? Probably shouldn’t be skiing questions!! Hope your dad is still on the mend and getting stronger?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I also feel it should be added that Giants themselves learned a lot from testing the West Coast. They themselves didn't know what the main issue was for probably 2 weeks and after many hours (some unpaid) of testing themselves. What they have learned should help every map maker attempting to make a map console compatible in the future, including BsM.

Most detailed mods and maps will still have niggly issues when submitted for testing, and I don't doubt that The Valley The Old Farm will be different - it's the nature of us not being able to test for consoles and relying solely on Giants.

We need to remember that console modding is still relatively new. Giants themselves are still learning about supporting mods on consoles, and hopefully for FS19 they will be able to include some tests or scripts in GE to help us eliminate the biggest and most common errors before we even upload mods. It would save everyone involved time and more modders would be willing to make their mods console compatible.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Patrick73 wrote:^^ did it crash the game or the console? And did it do it every time? Probably shouldn’t be skiing questions!! Hope your dad is still on the mend and getting stronger?
I believe it crashed the game and the console. However this is not the same issue that GIANTS have experienced recently with some mods released for console, that is a separate issue I believe.

The issue with The West Coast on console is with the trees and scaling of those trees, also the way they are arranged in the scenegraph.

Anyway I don't want to divert this topic any more as its meant for BsM.

All the best guys on getting it on console.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill83 wrote:The West Coast runs fine on console, it just happens to have 1 unique issue which GIANTS have never had on console before, where it crashes when you exit out of the map. But this is nothing to do with performance of the map. Perhaps it would be best if you check first before posting "facts" about my map. *thumbsup*
I am sure BsM will have done there best, with there experience of getting Old Streams onto console that will help them for sure.
There might be a misunderstanding here. I just want to give a different perspective. What I understand from lefe’s comment is the fact that west coast is developed to include loads of features that can only run in pc. And it is stripped out for console compatibilty. While bsm does this the other way around as far as I know. They use only console compatible features and does everything the same for pc and console. Which might help a lot on passing Giants testing on both platforms.
I might be wrong about your way of making the west coast console compatible but it was the impression I got from your various explanations on the progress.
I hope no one gets me wrong but there are 2 extremely valuable modders here and none of them deserves any type of crticism. And I’m pretty sure that was not lefe’s intention :hi:
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Thank you RODHA. you explained way better than me. and No and i'm not putting any modder down either. they all do great jobs on modding. the progress of your map was made more towards pc than consoles by what you were posting that's what I was trying to say if not sorry but that's what I was getting from your posts on the progress of your map. but anyways not trying to start anything. and if you think I am oh well sometimes you can't make everyone happy. Well everyone enjoy the rest of your day.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^oh I'm enjoying it alright, the valley the old farm is 96% done testing
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

No offence taken. I just didn't want people misunderstanding the issues with the differences between PC and Console maps. GIANTS and Modders get so much flack sometimes from certain parts of the community. But a lot of that is just misunderstandings.

GIANTS have supplied us with guidelines to help get maps ready for console. They list things that are not acceptable on console, which will work on PC.

However we can still come across issues which are not in those guidelines.

So for example The West Coast map was made for both PC and Console. Anything that we know would not work on console was not even added to the console version. (I.e. custom Scripts etc)

What we couldn't figure out was this crashing on exit issue. Eventually between GIANTS and myself we figured where the issue was coming from. But it was a new one for them.

As has been mentioned already GIANTS and Modders are still learning to make mods for consoles, so the whole process should keep improving as time goes by.