Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Tuurboclaw

Re: Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Post by Tuurboclaw »

RODHA wrote:
lefe1 wrote:No I didn't count them :lol: Blacksheep did. someone asked him that 6000 trees is a lot and he said no, goldcrest has more 6815. and something about the max trees you can have on a map is 30,000 and pacific has the max.
That is interesting. Because in Westbridge Hills, I had planted a bit over 700 trees without cutting any in map tree. At first all was ok. But when trees get to their second growth stage a terrible stutter started all over the map. I thought it was all about the numbers and always wondered how those logging maps have so much trees without any stutter. But those numbers clearly disproof that theory. May be it is something to do with planted trees rather than in game ones. I don't know.

One thing is sure. I'm done with planting trees on a map. Just doesn't work for me.
So, I love my poplars. And they give a ton of chips. At least I've been told so. I'll see if I can manage to stay on a map long enough to harvest poplars :biggrin2:

I have had that problem also. For me it seems like when there are too many right next to each other I get that problem. On westbridge I plant the flat little area behind the shop next to field ten. Not sure how many I put in there but I plow it up, plant the trees and replant grass. That area is small enough to not cause issues. Just FYI.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TurboFarmer wrote:From what I've experienced, the trees on Goldcrest and one's you plant, are a permanent artifact on the map. Meaning they are always loaded and you can see them from anywhere. The trees on Pacific Inlet are "load on demand" and don't appear until you get close to them. That will have a huge effect on framerate. As an example, go to the hidden tree farm on Old Smokey and drive around then do the same in the largest forest on Goldcrest, There are only a 1/10th of the trees on Goldcrest yet you will notice frame drops from moving amongst them but not so on Old Smokey which has so many more. On a side note, a modder friend of mine said that the shadows from the trees are the number one thing that kills frame rate in forested areas. Basically the only reason that Pacific is even playable on console is that the modder had the foresight to make the trees load on demand.
That is a very logical explanation and seems to be a proper technical view of the issue. Thank you for the info :hi: Much appreciated *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Tuurboclaw wrote:I have had that problem also. For me it seems like when there are too many right next to each other I get that problem. On westbridge I plant the flat little area behind the shop next to field ten. Not sure how many I put in there but I plow it up, plant the trees and replant grass. That area is small enough to not cause issues. Just FYI.
The proximity of the trees was one of the things I've thought of back then but as I've planted them by using a worker I didn't think they were planted too close to each other. Also they seem to be as seperate as the in map ones.
TurboFarmer's explanation seems to be the most logical and technical one.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

At any rate, I'm happy to see BSM has started work on that placeable chipper/tree destroyer. I have no patience for logging and I may want to convert all that forest into farm land sometime in the future. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ Is that the one that can chip whole trees at once?
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Smith Modding wrote:
Jlf85 wrote:
Smith Modding wrote: Look into other non gaming PC's. like the Dell Inspiron, I have one and and it runs every game I have no problems, most of them at max settings. It was also half the price of an alienware :lol:
you must have put in a new graphics card, RAM etc, right? I was pricing out PCs recently (debating ditching console), and any Dells I looked at (a few years old), would have needed new hardware...
No, it was a brand new PC, a Dell Inspiron 3650, with 8 GB of ram, 1 TB hard drive, and a nvidia geforce 730x
had u fought about steam machine? if i would tell u specs of my 12 years old PC u would laugh but it still runs game on med settings even on dedicated servers... lol
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

How can a GT 730 play most games on max? I had a GTX 745 before I got a 1050 ti. The 745 ran FS17 on low. It was a stuff card. The GTX 745 destroys the GT 730 in benchmarks.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

TurboFarmer wrote:From what I've experienced, the trees on Goldcrest and one's you plant, are a permanent artifact on the map. Meaning they are always loaded and you can see them from anywhere. The trees on Pacific Inlet are "load on demand" and don't appear until you get close to them. That will have a huge effect on framerate. As an example, go to the hidden tree farm on Old Smokey and drive around then do the same in the largest forest on Goldcrest, There are only a 1/10th of the trees on Goldcrest yet you will notice frame drops from moving amongst them but not so on Old Smokey which has so many more. On a side note, a modder friend of mine said that the shadows from the trees are the number one thing that kills frame rate in forested areas. Basically the only reason that Pacific is even playable on console is that the modder had the foresight to make the trees load on demand.
The trees are loaded dynamically on GCV too; the stage3 spruce trees disappear completely around 500 metres away (you can easily test this by scaling them in GE to make them more obvious).

The standard trees in FS17 all have extremely efficient LODs anyway, so it shouldn't be the trees themselves causing issues. For example the standard stage3 spruce trees have a LOD0 with 192 triangles just for the trunk (many more for the leaves and branches, but due to the unique nature of the trees GE doesn't show how many and I can't import them into Blender either). For the same tree LOD1, which is used at distance (beyond around 100 metres), only has 4 tris - it's basically a 2D sprite.

I have no idea how many tris the planted trees have or whether or not they have LODs. but I would expect them to be exactly the same as the ones placed in GE, depending the stage of the tree (the lower the stage the lower the clip distance and tris).
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Nigelbilt wrote:How can a GT 730 play most games on max? I had a GTX 745 before I got a 1050 ti. The 745 ran FS17 on low. It was a stuff card. The GTX 745 destroys the GT 730 in benchmarks.
It doesn't run FS17 at 60 fps, more like 30, but every other game I have, minus ATS, which is similar to fs, will run at max settings with at least FPS
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
averydan

Post by averydan »

fenixguy wrote:At any rate, I'm happy to see BSM has started work on that placeable chipper/tree destroyer. I have no patience for logging and I may want to convert all that forest into farm land sometime in the future. :lol:
I've started doing that on the Pacific map. I've started a small farm area around the pond in the upper northeast area. I'm loving the idea of making a farm from scratch but, I'm losing interest for the lack of patience with the logging as well. I wish the woods weren't so dense!!
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

this_is_gav wrote:
The trees are loaded dynamically on GCV too; the stage3 spruce trees disappear completely around 500 metres away (you can easily test this by scaling them in GE to make them more obvious).

The standard trees in FS17 all have extremely efficient LODs anyway, so it shouldn't be the trees themselves causing issues. For example the standard stage3 spruce trees have a LOD0 with 192 triangles just for the trunk (many more for the leaves and branches, but due to the unique nature of the trees GE doesn't show how many and I can't import them into Blender either). For the same tree LOD1, which is used at distance (beyond around 100 metres), only has 4 tris - it's basically a 2D sprite.

I have no idea how many tris the planted trees have or whether or not they have LODs. but I would expect them to be exactly the same as the ones placed in GE, depending the stage of the tree (the lower the stage the lower the clip distance and tris).
Just giving my experience on console, so obviously I can't check anything in GE, smh. The trees act vastly different between the vanilla maps and the ones placed on Pacific Inlet and Old Smokey. I have spent countless hours on this game doing logging, so I think I know how the trees and maps behave. The point is, the forests on GCV and Sosnovka (also many mod maps) don't behave like the ones on the logging maps. You can literally watch trees appear just a few feet ahead of you on Pacific and Smokey. It isn't very realistic but I would have that over the constant frame stutter that I get on other maps in the forest. Even Old Stream Farm has frame stutter near the forest on that map, so BSM isn't exempt from that either. Eventually I'll just have to upgrade the pc as the game isn't optimised for consoles, it could be but isn't.

That's enough off topic banter tho, can't wait for that excavator!
PS4 Farmer
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

TurboFarmer wrote: Even Old Stream Farm has frame stutter near the forest on that map, so BSM isn't exempt from that either. Eventually I'll just have to upgrade the pc as the game isn't optimised for consoles,
I never had stutter on Old Stream I have 300 to 400 hours playing it. I started 3 new games on this map. cut down the forest completely in 2 of the games.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

I did, it bothered me enough to quit playing it. No excess amounts of equipment and doing logging only, also on most recent update. Glad you had a good experience tho!
PS4 Farmer
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

TurboFarmer wrote:I did, it bothered me enough to quit playing it. No excess amounts of equipment and doing logging only. Glad you had a good experience tho!
Did you have loads of cut logs on the ground? That wouldn’t help, only asking because my PS4 game runs fine
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

No. Anytime I would turn from the main road down the dirt path into the wooded area, the stutter would happen and persist until I left the area. It wasn't as bad as say on Sosnovka but definitely not as smooth running as Old Smokey around it's largest forest.
PS4 Farmer