Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

P Friks

Re: Blacksheep modding is at it again. Thanks BsM

Post by P Friks »

Release date: November (Consoles Testing "Test3")
Platform:PC/MAC, PS4, XB1
P Friks

Post by P Friks »

Maybe tomorow
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

[Xbox] Noticed BSM released the Joskin 3-Point Tipper. It looks nifty, perfect for small jobs. One of the pics on the ModHub, the one filled with what appears fertilizer, got me to thinking.

Would it be possible to just fill them with seed or fertilizer and use them as portable replenishment for sowers in the field, filling directly from the bin?

Be a lot less clumsy than using auger wagons (with their very small "target window" to get them to refill the sower).
Xbox One. Currently working: TVTOF.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FarmingBear wrote:[Xbox] Noticed BSM released the Joskin 3-Point Tipper. It looks nifty, perfect for small jobs. One of the pics on the ModHub, the one filled with what appears fertilizer, got me to thinking.

Would it be possible to just fill them with seed or fertilizer and use them as portable replenishment for sowers in the field, filling directly from the bin?

Be a lot less clumsy than using auger wagons (with their very small "target window" to get them to refill the sower).
You been under a rock ;)?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^ :lol:
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

eric21 wrote:
FarmingBear wrote:[Xbox] Noticed BSM released the Joskin 3-Point Tipper. It looks nifty, perfect for small jobs. One of the pics on the ModHub, the one filled with what appears fertilizer, got me to thinking.

No. I'm just newish to this game, looking for answers.

Way to go to make someone feel welcome.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ The tipper has been out for a good while though
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

FordFarmer97 wrote:^^ The tipper has been out for a good while though
First time I've noticed it, thought it was new since it was on the updated release list.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

FarmingBear wrote: No. I'm just newish to this game, looking for answers.
He didn't mean anything by it. and WELCOME to the forum. if you have any questions just ask and people will help
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

FarmingBear wrote: Would it be possible to just fill them with seed or fertilizer and use them as portable replenishment for sowers in the field,

I've never tried that but I will be here in a little bit to see if it does work.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FarmingBear wrote:
eric21 wrote:

No. I'm just newish to this game, looking for answers.

I was messing hence the ;)
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

lefe1 wrote:
FarmingBear wrote: Would it be possible to just fill them with seed or fertilizer and use them as portable replenishment for sowers in the field,

I've never tried that but I will be here in a little bit to see if it does work.
Nope it doesn't work.
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

lefe1 wrote:
lefe1 wrote:

Nope it doesn't work.
Aw, nuts. Thanks for testing it out.

Guess I'm stuck with the auger wagon option.

Ah, well. Could be worse, especially on a map the size of Lawfolds! :lol:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I just love the seed bags. They are really annoying to handle yes but still they are way too cute to pass :lol:
I especially enjoy refilling the seeders on the go with the seed bags. That is a lot of fun.
But yes, on a big operation the best way is augers.
PS5 / FS22
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

One other option I've found is using the Holmer pack, the grain container holds both seed and fert, and it's easier to hit the "window" with the pipe than with the auger.

The thing that's really immersion breaking for me is that there is no cover on the container, and leaving seed/fert outside unprotected just... rankles me, I guess.

Haven't tried the seed bags, due to all the comments about the annoyance factor in handling them. Should give it a try anyway, might prove to be more convenient.