Ideas for Future Updates

ClassicTractors

Ideas for Future Updates

Post by ClassicTractors »

I was hauling equipment with the vanilla flatbed/lowboy trailers today. I have noticed since the game was released that there is no way to secure equipment or implements; however, I have never had an issue until today when I had to stop really quickly. This caused the machines to slide around and go off center. They almost fell off the trailers. I think that providing a way to secure equipment would make transporting equipment easier. When the machines are loaded on the trailer, each trailer and price of equipment would have set points that chains would run to. They would work like the tension belts, but with a chain texture instead. The player would need to exit the truck and walk along side the trailer, pressing "R" to apply chains, therefore securing the machines to the trailer.
jenna_q

Re: Ideas for Future Updates

Post by jenna_q »

Many people have asked about this and Giants has tried it, but the system didn't work well so it was scrapped.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I was also thinking along the lines of a lock load script like many modders have used in the past. I just think some way to secure equipment to trailers would make transport much easier.
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

Yes, in game should be a tool for sorting vehicles. During the harvest, i wanna to use 2 combines and 2 tractors and switch quickly between them. I do not want to jump after sprayers and loaders. It should also be possible to sort the equipment that I have by type, value, etc.
It should be in the base game so that the console players can use it.
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
Eep

Post by Eep »

jenna_q wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:55 am Many people have asked about this and Giants has tried it, but the system didn't work well so it was scrapped.
Do you have a link to where Giants said they tried it? I can't believe it wouldn't work well because, as I see it, once the vehicle/tool is strapped/chained, toggle its dynamic collision status so it becomes attached/fixed to the trailer/vehicle.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Decorate the equipment with Straw Bales and you’ll get the “faster straps” icon up.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Attack Wave wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:05 pm Decorate the equipment with Straw Bales and you’ll get the “faster straps” icon up.
I think logs work too. Both options look very silly.