PS4 wireless controller battery runs dry

Garion

Re: PS4 wireless controller battery runs dry

Post by Garion »

If your chair is sitting next to an outlet any usb charger will charge your controller. My Samsung phone charger has the same port so I can use that without having to change the cord. It will even charge it while playing. That's what I do when I'm in for a long haul on any ps4 game. :mrgreen:
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

I tried plugging the USB cable into a USB plug socket and when I pressed the PS button the little battery icon wasn't ticking up like it does when the cable is plugged into the console. I assumed that meant that it doesn't work doing it that way, does that just mean it doesn't animate it but is still charging?
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

I use two of course. :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Garion

Post by Garion »

hopalongali wrote:I tried plugging the USB cable into a USB plug socket and when I pressed the PS button the little battery icon wasn't ticking up like it does when the cable is plugged into the console. I assumed that meant that it doesn't work doing it that way, does that just mean it doesn't animate it but is still charging?
It won't animate but when you press the ps button the battery icon won't be red and flashing it will show a full charge. After about 15 to 20 mins (while still playing) I unplug mine and it will have a full charge. Having a second controller never hurts either but for $60 -$65 it was something that had to wait awhile for me. *thumbsup*
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

That's going to greatly help me, thanks Garion *thumbsup*
Garion

Post by Garion »

Anytime :biggrin2:
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

masterplan wrote:
Lisertan wrote: As for the controler: Yes they do. At least compared to any other console I owned. I charge mine often enough, so I don't have any issues, but you can't play for longer than a few hours and they die. Maybe 5 or 6 hours. That's nothing.
Depends on how old your controller is. I've got two: one from january 2014 and the other from november 2016. The newer one obviously lasts longer, my guess would be 12 hours. The older 6-8?
Anyway if you're charging your controller often with the battery not being (almost) empty, you reduce the battery's capacity.
I'd recommend either having two controllers, so you can play with one while the other one is charging after it's battery's been almost depleted, or having a power-bank, which is an elegant solution so you don't have to stretch a cable over you whole living room. ;-)
He is right, the PS4 battery life is awful. It is well documented and one of my biggest peeves with my PS4. It is significantly worse than the PS3 and much much worse than the XB1. I use an XB1 controller on my PC when I play and I easily get 30 hours on a set of rechargable batteries.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

lauraazio wrote:Hi,
I have one recommendation for improving the gameplay... I was playing with my ps4 when my wireless controllers' battery ran dry. I had cruise control on and then I just terrifiedly watched as my tractor with an expensive tipper and a full load of soy beans just simply drove peacefully into the pond in Sosnovka. I couldn't save them and I lost them all *thumbsdown* . So is it possible to improve the game somehow so this wouldn't happen??
If your controller dies while playing you can turn it back on again straight away, it will stay on long enough to stop vehicles - I know this cos I my controller is always dying on me.
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

Most of the other games I play will automatically pause the game when the controller goes dead. Surely Farming Simulator could do this too couldn't it?
Playing on PS4