PS4 wireless controller battery runs dry

lauraazio

PS4 wireless controller battery runs dry

Post by lauraazio »

Hi,
I have one recommendation for improving the gameplay... I was playing with my ps4 when my wireless controllers' battery ran dry. I had cruise control on and then I just terrifiedly watched as my tractor with an expensive tipper and a full load of soy beans just simply drove peacefully into the pond in Sosnovka. I couldn't save them and I lost them all *thumbsdown* . So is it possible to improve the game somehow so this wouldn't happen??
eric21

Re: PS4 wireless controller battery runs dry

Post by eric21 »

Dont play long?
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

It's kinda hard to improve the game in a way that makes it controller-outage-proof without removing elements of the game, so I guess we won't be able to fix that, really. PS4 controllers run out quite fast, make sure to charge them as often as possible.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

They also give you a warning that it is running low and about to run out does it not? If I am in a big gaming session, any time I get up to leave to do anything I throw it on to charge while I'm gone, they pick up a good bit of charge quite quickly.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

hopalongali wrote:They also give you a warning that it is running low and about to run out does it not? If I am in a big gaming session, any time I get up to leave to do anything I throw it on to charge while I'm gone, they pick up a good bit of charge quite quickly.
Yep it gives you a warning. and that's what I do if I need to do something I hook it up to charge and it doesn't take long to charge either.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I never run out, I use a 3 meter usb cable
PS4 player
FragDad

Post by FragDad »

I have had this happen to me. Since then ive always save before and after every journey. Also everytime I go into the menu. Hope that helps.
Just some old boy who likes playing FS19 on PC .
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Wouldn't you just use your charger cable? And like others said, there is a warning that your controller is getting low. Seems like common sense to me to do that.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

lauraazio wrote:Hi,
I have one recommendation for improving the gameplay... I was playing with my ps4 when my wireless controllers' battery ran dry. I had cruise control on and then I just terrifiedly watched as my tractor with an expensive tipper and a full load of soy beans just simply drove peacefully into the pond in Sosnovka. I couldn't save them and I lost them all *thumbsdown* . So is it possible to improve the game somehow so this wouldn't happen??
Here's a tip for you: when in the top left corner of your screen pops up a message saying something about your controller and its battery being empty - charge your controller. ;-)
Lisertan wrote:...PS4 controllers run out quite fast, make sure to charge them as often as possible.
No they don't, they last quite long plus they inform you with a message that your battery is running out approx. 15-30 minutes before the controller actually dies.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Dim the brightness on your controller also helps.
Edit by Guil. Please stop needless quoting. Thanks.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

hopalongali wrote:They also give you a warning that it is running low and about to run out does it not? If I am in a big gaming session, any time I get up to leave to do anything I throw it on to charge while I'm gone, they pick up a good bit of charge quite quickly.
That is exactly what I do all the time.

Another solution might be keeping a second controller ready.

When the one you are using died, it is very easy to fire the other one up and stop the tractor.
Done this a lot.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

masterplan wrote: Here's a tip for you: when in the top left corner of your screen pops up a message saying something about your controller and its battery being empty - charge your controller. ;-)
Lisertan wrote:...PS4 controllers run out quite fast, make sure to charge them as often as possible.
No they don't, they last quite long plus they inform you with a message that your battery is running out approx. 15-30 minutes before the controller actually dies.
Woo that tip is truly a ... masterplan.

As for the controler: Yes they do. At least compared to any other console I owned. I charge mine often enough, so I don't have any issues, but you can't play for longer than a few hours and they die. Maybe 5 or 6 hours. That's nothing.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mine goes qhick too
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Lisertan wrote: As for the controler: Yes they do. At least compared to any other console I owned. I charge mine often enough, so I don't have any issues, but you can't play for longer than a few hours and they die. Maybe 5 or 6 hours. That's nothing.
Depends on how old your controller is. I've got two: one from january 2014 and the other from november 2016. The newer one obviously lasts longer, my guess would be 12 hours. The older 6-8?
Anyway if you're charging your controller often with the battery not being (almost) empty, you reduce the battery's capacity.
I'd recommend either having two controllers, so you can play with one while the other one is charging after it's battery's been almost depleted, or having a power-bank, which is an elegant solution so you don't have to stretch a cable over you whole living room. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

masterplan wrote: Anyway if you're charging your controller often with the battery not being (almost) empty, you reduce the battery's capacity.
That was true some 15 years ago. There's no memory effect in todays LiPo batteries.