Beating the Game

hpmc13

Beating the Game

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm just curious - at what point do you feel you've "beaten" a map? There's not a boss-cow at the end that you have to try to milk. What's your stopping point? When you amass a certain amount of money? A certain number of animals? Own all the fields and equipment?

For me it's usually the point where everything has become a repetitive routine. I've figured out the shortcuts, the patterns, the routine. Sure, I could add more animals and create more work, buy more fields and make more money, but the routine on that map is pretty much the same. With the sheer number of maps available, I like to start a new one and figure it out all over again.
Playing on PC
juf.de

Re: Beating the Game

Post by juf.de »

For me it's usually when i got a new idea, what i could change or improve at my map as i have to start a new game then anyway.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Ditto. When the map gets boring, repetitive, or becomes a chore. Then it's time to move on. I played GCV for about 100 hours before this happened. I liked figuring out the new game features and messing with the trains.

I played Coldborough Park in FS15 for about 100 hours or so until FS17 came out. When it came out for FS17, I played for about 50 hours before I moved on to Lawfolds.

I'm currently expanding pretty good in Lawfolds (about 60 hours in) and I'm about to get into animals. I'm running a lot of big equipment and I enjoy the challenge of maneuvering down the tight roads but I'm starting to feel a bit claustrophobic on this map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

That's why this game is called a "Sandbox"... Which means it never ends. ;) I think they even say that on the box for FS17 and previous versions. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Null

Post by Null »

I usually focus my games for certain accomplishments. For American Outback I focus more on cattle. On my new Old Stream save, I'm currently building up a silage only operation.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Null wrote:I usually focus my games for certain accomplishments. For American Outback I focus more on cattle. On my new Old Stream save, I'm currently building up a silage only operation.
I always leave a map when I get bored. But I think your way is better *thumbsup*
I should try doing this.
PS5 / FS22
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

hpmc13 wrote: For me it's usually the point where everything has become a repetitive routine. I've figured out the shortcuts, the patterns, the routine. Sure, I could add more animals and create more work, buy more fields and make more money, but the routine on that map is pretty much the same. With the sheer number of maps available, I like to start a new one and figure it out all over again.
Same here. FS15 was new for me, FS17 im playing only hard, and I am planning to finish my first map (Lossberg with about 500 hours on) in probably next 100-200 hours. When getting to the stage when i cannot improve significantly any process and with little effort can afford almost anything.
PS4
Oneblock

Post by Oneblock »

I play on hard. Usually aiming to unlock specific equipment on a new map. Currently working on the Big Bud stuff on American outback. Once I have the large fields ploughed together and a good revenue stream time to switch.

Planning on all organic on a smaller European map next.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Null wrote:I usually focus my games for certain accomplishments. For American Outback I focus more on cattle. On my new Old Stream save, I'm currently building up a silage only operation.
I do the same thing, like if theres a tractor i want/need, ill save money to get it.
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

I usually play until I get bored with the map. Then I start a different one.

Now I think about giving myself some objectives to complete. Currently I amdoing all the trophies on PS4.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

LukeSpidey wrote:I usually play until I get bored with the map. Then I start a different one.
Yeah I do the same thing.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

I have different maps for different objectives.. American outback is my giant pig operation. The fields and how close the silo is to the pen makes it nice for that style closing in on 8k pigs and so far I have been hauling them away in a truck when I get field work done. Westbridge is my big dairy farm because I like the way the fields and biogas plant are close to the cow area. Still building that one up..
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am playing with an idea for the map I am building ...
What about a really expansive "field" ... containing a gold mine or something like that ... which will cost you a load of money ... like 100 000 000!
Ones you can afford it ... well ... then you have beaten the game ...

There is a "board game" in Sweden I used to play when I was young ...
The first player to buy the most expensive "farm" in the game ... was the winner ... this is sort of the same idea ... but for a single player game ... :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I like to see how things pan out so I usually invest 260 hrs plus in a map before moving on to a new map.
Loerwyn

Post by Loerwyn »

Oneblock wrote: Planning on all organic on a smaller European map next.
That... is actually a pretty cool idea. It's just a shame the game doesn't recognise it, because I suspect in real-world conditions organic crops would fetch a higher price.
FS17 Newbie.