spinnery Westbridge hills

RODHA

Re: spinnery Westbridge hills

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote:Do you remove the pallets with the telehandler cos the only time I sold wool really was on GCV and I just moved the fliegl over the sell point and they sold one by one.
I usually do it as you say. Put the whole trailer onto the sell point.
I just keep the telehandler incase anything goes wrong.
So that I can pick up the pallets.

Btw, I've edited my previous post a thousand times I guess :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You might have missed something. I tried to answer all your questions.
PS5 / FS22
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I use the IT Runner bale trailer, can get 3x4 pallets on it and have stacked it 4 high. It is very wobbly when you transport but if you take it slow it works. Biggest problem though it will only sell 2 rows high whilst still on the IT Runner, if you unload the IT runner into the sell point it will sell 3 rows high (not tried it stacked 4 high yet). The reason I use the IT Runner is that the IT Runner bale trailer fits exactly into the sell point so you don't have to keep moving it which is ideal when you are selling it when the price is green as waiting for a High Demand can take a long time.

Whilst playing on American Outback I had to wait so long for a high demand that I had 100 pallets waiting to sell.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If you remove the straps when the bottom layers sell then the top one should fall down and hopefully not go everywhere. Might have to try strap them again at the right moment lol.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

well I leave them strapped and even if the bottom one sells the top one does not fall down just stays strapped.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes but if you remove the straps they should fall.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

but Guil why would I want to unstrap them if the spinnery takes the when they are strapped in?
Guil

Post by Guil »

They clearly aren't if the top tiers don't sell. That's the point I'm trying to make. Anyway it was in reference to a post made about the itrunner bale trailer.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

oh ok, well this is the Fliegal bale trailer, all mine do sell strapped in sometimes spinnery will take a bottom pallet first but then later takes the top one.
Eventually they all get sold.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I did sell 24 pallets of wool last night on the fliegl trailer.
I unstrapped them before driving over the trigger.
It started to sell from one of the top level pallets then randomly jumped from one to another.
Price was just above 13k and I get over 500k in one go. That felt really good.
PS5 / FS22
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

My tactic is to load the pallets on a trailer, usually BSM's flatbed, or the stepdeck low loader. When I get the trailer full, I drive it to the spinnery. And this is when I cheat a little bit.

I drop the trailer and pull the truck out from under it, then reset the trailer. This leaves my pallets in a nice, neat stack beside the sell point. I will do this until the prices get up. I will then take a wheel loader with a silage leveler on it, or a tractor with the dozer blade, and push the pallets into the sell point. That way I get full price for my entire inventory.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I imagine my character standing beside his truck at the spinnery. He's waiting to unstrap and back into the dock to be unloaded. He's having a bag of chips and a Mtn. Dew talking with the manager. Just about how the farm's going, the weather's going to be good for baling hay this week, "I heard so and so up the road bought a Big Bud tractor and ain't got one field over 20 acres. You can't hide money.", etc... You know, just waiting to get his wool unloaded and get back home.

Meanwhile, there's all you guys at the dock with your telehandlers, hooklift trailers, silage blades, loaders, magical resetting flatbed trailers... He just looks over and shakes his head and says, "boy, these youngins sure have a different approach then I'm used to. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I ain't never had to get out of the truck one time and your guys unload every pallet in no time."

Manager says, "yeah Tom, but these guys are so afraid of loosing $10 they'd rather do it the hard way. Fine with me, I ain't had to use a forklift since the last time you was here." They have a laugh and then Tom asks when that new John Deere dealer is coming to town... **record scratch**
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

ive done that with logs instead of trying to unload a full load of logs just reset the trailer and all the wood falls into the sell zone.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

yes I quit drinking Mtn Dew when I read it strips the enamel from your teeth.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

dunnjob wrote:My tactic is to load the pallets on a trailer, usually BSM's flatbed, or the stepdeck low loader. When I get the trailer full, I drive it to the spinnery. And this is when I cheat a little bit.

I drop the trailer and pull the truck out from under it, then reset the trailer. This leaves my pallets in a nice, neat stack beside the sell point. I will do this until the prices get up. I will then take a wheel loader with a silage leveler on it, or a tractor with the dozer blade, and push the pallets into the sell point. That way I get full price for my entire inventory.
That is a nice tactic. It lit a bulb in my head. I can't fit more than 2 trailers in the sell trigger but this way I can sell more then 2 trailer loads of wool.
Thanks *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22