?

TomXP411

Re: ?

Post by TomXP411 »

markare wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:Yikes :shock: And people talk about bad gas prices in real life :lol:
No doubt... the price does seem weird, though. Diesel is less than $3 a gallon IRL, and the Big Bud holds 1000 gallons. So it should cost, at most, around $2500-3000 to fill up.
The big bud holds 220 gallons. The fuel and storage goes with litres not gallons that's why it cost so much to fill up
Okay, so a quick check in-game:

The Big Bud 747 holds 3785 liters of fuel, or 999.8 gallons.
The 450 holds 2082 liters of fuel, or 550 gallons.

I just refilled one of my trucks, putting in 72 liters. It cost $241. This correlates to a cost of $3.34/liter, which is about 3x the current price of fuel in Germany and about 4x what it costs in the United States right now.

So back to RODHA's post: RODHA put in 3264 liters of fuel, which cost $10,901. That figure should have been around $1700, based on the price of diesel in farming areas in the US.
Last edited by TomXP411 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

how about diesel, it uses diesel not fuel
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

redglasses wrote:how about diesel, it uses diesel not fuel
Are you really trying to say that diesel is not fuel? :confusednew:
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

no, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was wondering if you were basing it off of gas or diesel, but I guess you are basing it off of diesel.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I have always heard it called Diesel fuel, not just fuel....
I have been reading lot on Bio-Diesel and you know not 1 Diesel Manufacture recommends using it.
Even though most diesels made after 2007 say they can use B20 not one will recommend it saying doing so will void any and all warranties.
I think it has to do with the fact bio-diesel will not vaporize on that 5th stroke.
Some old Diesels that would use Type 1 fuel can also use bio-Diesel with some modification and because of the water content you need to set your maintance at extreme condition. This is from my reading on this type of Fuel. then there is Bio-Massed Diesel 99% Algae 1% Ultra low sulfur Fuel, its a lot cheaper than most type 2 on the market only it will ruin your engine if you use it.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Erica Von wrote: I think it has to do with the fact bio-diesel will not vaporize on that 5th stroke.
That's because there is no 5th stroke
XBOX/ FS22
rikerdude

Post by rikerdude »

RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote:Dam, thats alot of fuel.
You should see the big bud 747 on full throttle. Consumes 1 liters per a couple of seconds. You can just watch the fuel decreasing.
When gas was almost $5 a gallon, in Connecticut, about 3 years ago, I swear I saw that with my Suburban.
Playing on PS4
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Erica Von wrote:I have always heard it called Diesel fuel, not just fuel....
I have been reading lot on Bio-Diesel and you know not 1 Diesel Manufacture recommends using it.
Even though most diesels made after 2007 say they can use B20 not one will recommend it saying doing so will void any and all warranties.
I think it has to do with the fact bio-diesel will not vaporize on that 5th stroke.
Some old Diesels that would use Type 1 fuel can also use bio-Diesel with some modification and because of the water content you need to set your maintance at extreme condition. This is from my reading on this type of Fuel. then there is Bio-Massed Diesel 99% Algae 1% Ultra low sulfur Fuel, its a lot cheaper than most type 2 on the market only it will ruin your engine if you use it.

Most engines with mechanical injection will do fine with bio diesel some will even run on cooking or transmission fluid as long as it's been filter properly. I wouldn't risk it with any of the newer common rail injection engines. The older 12valve or 6bt Cummins for example will do fine. Parts for them are a lot cheaper if something were to fail. A new dodge with the 6.7 is common rail injection is another story. The parts can be a lot more expensive and are much more sensitive to the fuel. The fuel can't have water in it, No matter what kind it is. It turns to steam and wreaks havoc on the injectors. Imagine a water jet cutting table.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

rikerdude wrote:
RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote:Dam, thats alot of fuel.
You should see the big bud 747 on full throttle. Consumes 1 liters per a couple of seconds. You can just watch the fuel decreasing.
When gas was almost $5 a gallon, in Connecticut, about 3 years ago, I swear I saw that with my Suburban.
I remember when it use to be a dollar, back when i was a kid, where did those days go? Lol.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

BigC92 wrote:
rikerdude wrote:
RODHA wrote:
I remember when it use to be a dollar, back when i was a kid, where did those days go? Lol.

I can remember when i was too young to drive my dad paying $.03 a gallon. My first car was a 1958 Buick and it had a 24 gallon gas tank & I could fill it up on $ 3.50.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I have read that the price of gas in the 1960s was like 35 Cents for premium and 20 Cents for Regular and don't forget that's for 9/10 of a gallon.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

It's 9/10 of a cent not a gallon
XBOX/ FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Peter Griffin wrote:It's 9/10 of a cent not a gallon
Anybody besides me hear the Peter Griffin laugh when they read this?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

It costs roughly $6.35 for a Gallon of diesel in the UK. It's £1.12/l at the cheapest place near me. Don't complain! Lol!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Diesel in the game is really expensive.