Two Courseplay Questions (not asking how to use it)

johnsmith1212
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Two Courseplay Questions (not asking how to use it)

Post by johnsmith1212 »

I finally got around to getting Courseplay for FS17 last night, and I have two questions:

• I saw some forums posts from December 2016 stating that it only works with default tractors. I’m no programmer, but for my own curiosity, why is that? Is there a way to dumb down the explanation of why modded tractors can’t be driven around and operated the same way that default tractors can, or would it only make sense if I was a programmer?

• I saw some other December posts talking about how courseplay is updated almost daily on github. Is that still the case, or have they pretty much finalized it now? If they are still making frequent changes, is it adding new features, or just fixing various peoples bug reports, or something else?

Thanks for your time!

Edit don_apple: removed links to unrelated web sites.
Last edited by johnsmith1212 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gearhed502

Re: Two Courseplay Questions (not asking how to use it)

Post by gearhed502 »

It does work with modded tractors, it's just that there is no guarantees with them because they can't possibly test it with every mod. Courseplay is updated on a somewhat regular basis, but mainly for issues that they are trying to work out.
aklein

Post by aklein »

It works on just about anything. Some things don't work right but they are not normal tractors. Like I doubt you can course play the Ponssie stuff.

It is still in development and the only official location to get it is github. Any upload to any mod site is not a sanctioned upload.

There are several great tutorials out on the web about using courseplay. Its amazing what you can automate using this tool. An example I sold 800K + liters of silage out of a bunker for the first time using CP the other day. Allowed me to go off and do other things like have CP mow a field and then collect grass and take it to the silo.
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

As an aside/example of some "interesting" features of Courseplay and why they state only default tractors. I have the Big Bud DLC. I grabbed the "terminator" seeder (smaller of the two large seeders) and used the seed carrier that is supposed to go with it. For those not aware, that means I have a set up of "tractor" - "seed carrier" - "Seeder". The seed carrier is loaded by a pipe that extends down when loading and is up in the carry position when traveling/not loading the wagon.

When using course play with this set up, it (courseplay) will extend the pipe on the seed carrier as well as unfold the seeder. (Only the 2nd of the two is needed.) I just accept it, even though it's incorrect b/c of how courseplay let's me do other things while the work is being done.

But that is an example of how something in the DLC works in strange ways, with courseplay.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Courseplay developers quickly released a new version that corrected the extending the pipe on the seed carts. newer versions dont do that BTW. Again CP is in constant development if you find a quirk it will probably get resolved quickly in a version update.
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

I use the github checkout -> regular updates. I don't check daily, but there are many updates. Sometimes only translation updates, sometimes functional.

Overal it is getting better with time, less bugs.
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

I will have to re-pull it. I think I was under the mistaken assumption it would automatically get updated, without any effort on my part. Thank you for updating me.

To the original poster: I think based on this thread, you can see that there are updates going on for courseplay. But that doesn't guarantee that everything will work right away. Still it's a great extension/mod to use.
BalkanViking

Post by BalkanViking »

Can someone help me and tell me if this is possible to change in coursplay ? On picture below you can se that the working direction of tractor is at slightly different angle than field. Because we can adjust working directions only South-North-West-East. Can I adjust coruseplay somehow ?

Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

BalkanViking wrote:Can someone help me and tell me if this is possible to change in coursplay ? On picture below you can se that the working direction of tractor is at slightly different angle than field. Because we can adjust working directions only South-North-West-East. Can I adjust coruseplay somehow ?

The best way to use course play in a non square field is to have course play scan the field if you didn't set it up to do that automatically then had it do at least two or three head lands. The tool will run the headlands then go up and down the field in the direction you choose. In the case of the field you have pictured there there's really not any good way to do that. Any smaller Oddball shaped Fields I have I just do as many head lands as possible sometimes that will cover most of the field
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I would be lost without courseplay helping me. I just downloaded seasons and am working with it running while I am farming kleintau. courseplay seems to be unaffected by the seasons mod. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
BalkanViking

Post by BalkanViking »

Thank you for the answer and help mate! @Preble 818
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

BalkanViking wrote:Thank you for the answer and help mate! @Preble 818
Sure thing :)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am having problems getting the bucket full on the loader. the size of the bucket is 1860 but I can only get 1841 and in a couple of instances, 1857. hard to do a courseplay route when it doesn't get full. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^even if you don't use courseplay it still won't fill, just something wrong in the game, I heard someone say rule of 99% or something :confusednew:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I would be lost without courseplay helping me. I just downloaded seasons and am working with it running while I am farming kleintau. courseplay seems to be unaffected by the seasons mod. chas
Seasons and course play are 100% compatible.