Predict a Winner

cr41g_1965

Re: Predict a Winner

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I think everyone needs to see this....just to see what a big deal it is....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Stoatie

Post by Stoatie »

Winners for each category for me are Seasons, Dusty Cove and the Ford Tw's
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I would vote MF pack, but I can't get over the Euro decals and licence plates. I wish they had made those an option.

I am looking forward to trying seasons tonight.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I think the MF pack is quite over rated, I actually have one of the tractors from it at home and I don't think they really made it very accurately.
The Agricad pack is quite good, I have tried a few of the tools and they work perfectly.
I tried the Lemken cultivator and planter system and couldn't get it to fill with seed from the placeable tank or pallets.
Tried the Bednar plow/fertiliser applicator but it seems to have an error where fold/unfolded are around the wrong way so the AI works with the machine folded, also the AI really struggles to turn around with it for some reason, and usually just sits at the end of the field not knowing which way to go.
The John deere 6230/6250R tractors are quite good, have not noticed any issues with them.

A lot of cool mods though, and most of them will be really good and useful if the creators make an update for them to fix the issues.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Just watched the Seasons mod entry and agree, needs to be seen. Amazing and deserves success. Can only dream it comes to consoles but best of luck to the modder.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Just been trying out the Seasons mod for the last couple of hours and it is pretty amazing.
It really transforms every part of the game and even brings in a lot of other things people have been asking for, like vehicles breaking down and snow.

It makes the game a little more complicated, but it is quite simple to use really.
Maybe in FS19, easy mode should be like how FS17 is, and then there should be "real" mode which is like FS17 with the Seasons mod!

It has my vote, for being a literal game changer.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Seasons, no doubt but then follows the MF pack it I so beautiful. Maps I didn't had a look yet.
The challenger in not my favourite wrong tires ( look to thick) and no adjustable axle width.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

The maps have all been disappointing, some of them are really terrible...
Seasons mod is 7,000+ lines of code that do sweet F all. No snow.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The 10000+ lines of code actually do a lot, but you have to experience them. Snow is possible in winters, but not guaranteed. We are working on a GEO mod for Northern Sweden with a much higher guarantee for snow, for those who want that.

If you have doubts about what seasons does, take a look at our topic.

Also, I think the Massey fleet is going to win the Youngtimer.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Seasons is about more than just adding pretty textures corresponding to a season and snow. It is an attempt to better simulate a year in a farmer’s life. Nearly every aspect of Farming Simulator has been carefully rethought and rewritten from growth to weather, crop prices, loans and the vehicle maintenance system. It is a mod designed for the players who do not like being able to sow, harvest and sow again all in one day.

But if you really want snow, then just open the console and type in ssAddSnow. Also, if you open the Seasons menu (Alt + S) change the setting for snow and save. Make sure it is cold, otherwise the snow will start to melt.

Just like in real life, you are not guaranteed snow every year. The weather changes every year realistically.

Edit: But,we have just been chatting about your issue and we have decided that maybe we will release a Geo mod (Geo mods are additional little mods that people can create to generate specific weather and growth for whatever region they wish to simulate based on real life data) called Geo Antarctica, which will have no growth and snow nearly every day. Maybe we can figure out how to replace chickens with penguins too :biggrin2:
Last edited by theSeb on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Just want to add that one of the many things I like about Seasons is a simple feature that allows me to fast-forward night. I might not always use it, but it's there if i want to.
I thank the modder for this.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

tom5051 wrote:The maps have all been disappointing, some of them are really terrible...
Seasons mod is 7,000+ lines of code that do sweet F all. No snow.
I've been playing Vanilla Valley and other than a few Minor bugs it's working good Could you explain your dissapointment with that map for me please?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I would have to pick from BSM's MF pack or Realismus' Seasons mod.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

JohnDeere318 wrote:I would have to pick from BSM's MF pack or Realismus' Seasons mod.
Feel free to pick both. The two mods are in different categories.
novass

Post by novass »

I like the seasons mod.I'm on console..so not sure its possible. the mods mb size would probably eat evrty bit of the 4 gb we in consoles have...unless its from the Sony ps store and Microsoft's xbox equivalent. all maps should be at the stores..because they don't count against the 4 gb dlc.
the seasons mod would a big step forward in fs gaming.but who is going to wait a whole season for a crop?..I don't know..I play real time..and fast forward thru storms,night..cause I have limited time to game. .gaming isn't real life..so I spend it wisely. .and I hate winter..so can it pass winter up if you wanted it gone..the rest of seasons looks amazing..love all the variable's, maintenance, repairs..wow!!..its amazing mod..hopefully winter can be a option..and fast forward is a options...hope..great work modders.
BSM's old MF pack is amazing to me..so grateful to them..
they all are winners to me..problems aside..great work modders..Thank you all do much...Chris