PC version of FS 17

Erica Von

Re: PC version of FS 17

Post by Erica Von »

Nigelbilt wrote:Announced not released. We don't even know what it's clocked at yet. It is up to 18 cores and 36 threads at 2k a chip.
it officially released june 1 I know because I am signed up as a partner and Engineer.

did you know that the new i9 uses the same die as the i7? also I know the cost too 1700 retail.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Erica Von wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:Announced not released. We don't even know what it's clocked at yet. It is up to 18 cores and 36 threads at 2k a chip.
it officially released june 1 I know because I am signed up as a partner and Engineer.

did you know that the new i9 uses the same die as the i7? also I know the cost too 1700 retail.
Odd. That's not what Intel said at E3 last week. :confusednew:
At the PC Gaming show at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on June 12, Intel senior vice president Gregory Bryant announced that Intel would begin taking preorders for the Core i7 X-series chips and the 10-core Core i9 7900X the week of June 20. Intel will launch the 12-core Core i9-7920X, the 14-core Core i9-7940X, the 16-core Core i9-7960X, and the 18-core Core i9-7980XE from August through October, with exact dates and pricing to be disclosed later. (Intel confirmed separately that the 12-core i9-7920X will launch in August, and the 18-core Core i9-7980XE in October.)
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

ok so release dates, Jun 1 for the i9 4, 8 and 10 core processors August 1 12 core processor, October 10th 18 core i9 those are the official release dates.
I have access to some pretty accurate information concerning intel products. Meow....
Not that I am going to run out and buy it as it is way over my budget and the fact I have to convince my husband its worth while too.
Just to get my current Alienware 17 I had to nearly beg Meow....
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

AMD's ryzen are very promising and apparently they catched up on Intel for gaming.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

My only gaming is FS17 and I can't imagine why I would need any more power than what my laptop has (specs in signature).
Running all graphics on maximum, usually playing 4x maps and using Courseplay as well as hundreds of other mods and I have never had any lag.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yeah I have been reading about those Ryzen's, does look promising, maybe I will have to upgrade to that if FS requires more power and juice.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Xbox 1 x has a amd processor in it. Would have been nice if they had put in a i9 core processor but then the price point would add another 1700 to it. Meow......
No way AMD is going to catch up with intel on processor horse power. AMD is a different approach to processors and the trouble you have with AMD is their false claim they are x86 compliant. They use a predictive branching algorithm in their processors that intel does not use. Most developers use the intel standard. a few use the AMD standard for games but they are few and far between. and not to mention the Optane 3D tech they have paired with the new processor, there is no more data bottleneck with that arrangement. this is why those using AMD processors with games made to support the intel platform have driver issues with games.