Cleaning up the Forum - Feedback thread for each ModHub mod

juf.de

Cleaning up the Forum - Feedback thread for each ModHub mod

Post by juf.de »

I've seen in many times, that there are multiple threads for one and the same mod, discussions went on in two threads parallele about the same topic.

I think it would help all and make the Forum less confusing, if there would be a pinned subforum in the english modding forum, where for each mod published on the mod hub a seperate thread will be created by Giants. I also think this would help cleaning out the modding forum and each user can be directed to the one and only support thread.
Also this should be in the english forum, i intend to use it for all languages in one place, so it's less work for the modders
Also i called it feedback-thread, it shouldserve as a support-thread aswell.
  • Each thread should follow a standardized header for better finding
  • The header should also contain standardized Tags e.g.: [Map]/[Mod], [PC/Mac]/[PC,Mac,PS4,XB1]
  • The opening post should contain a link to the corresponding mod in the modhub
  • The opening post should contain the name of at least one of the authors who is registrated here in this forum
  • The opening post should contain a preview picture of the mod to prevent missunderstandings (e.g. if there are two mods of thesame model)
  • Directlink in the thread to the Mod in the ModHub
  • Directlink in the ModHub to the corresponding Feedbackthread
Maybe we could exclude Beta Mods or should be seperate beta mods from the finals or those for all plattforms from the ones for PC/Mac only?

Whats your opinion on this matter? Do you have better layout/Tag ideas?

And whats the opinion of Lisertan or any other Giants employee who will have to do the work? What do the moderators think, since you are the ones maintaining order?

edit1: added additional infos
edit2: directlinks added to list, typos corrected
Last edited by juf.de on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Guil

Re: Cleaning up the Forum - Feedback thread for each ModHub mod

Post by Guil »

Thumbs up from me. Only issue would be housekeeping as the inevitable will happen with random posts.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I think that is a good suggestion. I do use the search to find a map that I am playing and have questions on. I appreciate giants work to let us have fun playing fs. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ya great idea
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

I could see where this could be beneficial, I see some mod author's create thier own thread to get feedback (which is the way I feel it should be done), but I've spent enough time on this forum to know the end result, and I can explain in 5 easy steps.

1. Time and effort goes into to creating the threads for each mod.
2. The Mod Author post on the thread thanking people for the Use/Feedback or responds to bugs with the Mod.
3. Someone says "Hey <Mod Author>" you should make XYZ.
4. The same handful of users will repeatedly post " This is not a request thread"
5. Rinse and Repeat until the thread is lock or someone gets banned.

I'm not trying to be negative just giving my honest opinion.
XB1/PC
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I get your point and my only solution for now is strict moderation.
Or do you guys have any ideas to keep it at the topic?

(And since Guild wrote, that he likes the idea, i migth have found a voluntary :lol: )
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Seriously @juf.de, you should just be a moderator already, can't have too many moderators. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt