Cheapest PC to run 4x

redglasses

Cheapest PC to run 4x

Post by redglasses »

What would be the cheapest build/prebuilt that can run a 4x map with seasons?
Is seasons actually that taxing on a pc?
How hard is it to run a 4x map?
Thanks in advance for any help *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
JohnDeere318

Re: Cheapest PC to run 4x

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I have a Radeon RX470 and it plays fine on a 4x map. Try and mess around here: https://pcpartpicker.com/ That's how I finalized on my build. If you want opinions and such, be sure to post. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm looking into a new PC as well (maybe). The wife "stole" the laptop for college. It's just a Dell with an AMD 10 core processor and integrated video card. I could run FS15 on medium settings just fine. I think it has 8G RAM. It would run the game smooth as silk (just didn't look great), smoother than the Xbox runs 17. I used all the mods I wanted to. I paid about $500 for it at Wally-world. I didn't buy it specifically for gaming, but I did run FS15 and Spintires with no problems, again on medium to low settings. If you want something that'll look comparable to a console, you'd need something else.

I know as much about building a PC as I do about building a jet engine. Are there any well-liked gaming PCs around? I mean, other than a $2-3,000 Alienware or something. I know a lot of folks I've talked to say the pre-built ones are a good "starting point" for upgrading. I don't want that. I want something I can plug in, turn on, download Steam, and get to work.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Garion

Post by Garion »

Lenovo 700-25ISH 90ED is what I use. Plugged it in and played. I ran Cherry Hills on high with multiple mods on it without any problems. :hi:
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I built my pc in mindfactory.de. They have good prices. If you tell me your budget and your needs i can build something for you.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Garion wrote:Lenovo 700-25ISH 90ED is what I use. Plugged it in and played. I ran Cherry Hills on high with multiple mods on it without any problems. :hi:
Thanks! This is interesting... I just bought another new guitar and I'm making a truck payment. Now how to talk the wife into a brand new PC (that she is forbidden to use). :lol:

Eh... I like the seasons mod, GPS, and some others that I'll never see on the ole xbox, but I also like eating so them dang priorities are at it again.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I play on a Dell Inspiron 3650. 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 730 2gb graphics card, 1tb hard drive, Intel i5-6400 processor. Running on very high. The best part? It costs less than $500.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Where do you guys live? It is hard to give you sound advice without knowing the country at least.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

theSeb wrote:Where do you guys live? It is hard to give you sound advice without knowing the country at least.
USA for me.
Smith Modding wrote:I play on a Dell Inspiron 3650. 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 730 2gb graphics card, 1tb hard drive, Intel i5-6400 processor. Running on very high. The best part? It costs less than $500.
Nice! I'm not giving up hope. There are a few guys I know around me (friends of friends) that will build whatever you need, but they're not cheap. My friend owns a recording studio and has a hoss of a PC he had built by a local guy to run his recording equipment. It's an amazing machine but I wouldn't/couldn't sink that kind of money into something to play FS, or a train sim, or a flight sim, or the occasional "real" video-game. Good to know there are some pre-built, budget-minded machines that'll do some gaming. *thumbsup*
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yep *thumbsup* At 14 I couldn't afford that expensive of a PC either, so I looked around, found this, and bought it with my own money
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

fenixguy wrote:
theSeb wrote:Where do you guys live? It is hard to give you sound advice without knowing the country at least.
USA for me.
Smith Modding wrote:I play on a Dell Inspiron 3650. 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 730 2gb graphics card, 1tb hard drive, Intel i5-6400 processor. Running on very high. The best part? It costs less than $500.
Nice! I'm not giving up hope. There are a few guys I know around me (friends of friends) that will build whatever you need, but they're not cheap. My friend owns a recording studio and has a hoss of a PC he had built by a local guy to run his recording equipment. It's an amazing machine but I wouldn't/couldn't sink that kind of money into something to play FS, or a train sim, or a flight sim, or the occasional "real" video-game. Good to know there are some pre-built, budget-minded machines that'll do some gaming. *thumbsup*
Really depends on your budget, but the starting place to look would be newegg. For example, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6883230165

I am not sure how well the 1050ti will handle 4x and other mods, but of course it depends on how much you want to crank up the graphics. For high, I reckon a similar system with a GTX 1060 will do the trick beautifully.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Thanks for the recommendations (and I'm not even the OP). This is all food for thought. Really, truly I knew when I bought my Xbox one, that I'd be better off going for a good PC. It was a decision of convenience at the time more than anything. Plus I already had games, a gold membership, and what not.

Anyway, I still love FS on the xbox. Just turn it on and veg out with my 42 in TV. Although, I used to play FS15 on the laptop, hooked up to the tv, on an xbox controller. It just looks better now. Even with the awesome mods I used on previous versions, I still have gotten the most enjoyment out of this one.
Garion

Post by Garion »

fenixguy wrote: Nice! I'm not giving up hope. There are a few guys I know around me (friends of friends) that will build whatever you need, but they're not cheap. My friend owns a recording studio and has a hoss of a PC he had built by a local guy to run his recording equipment. It's an amazing machine but I wouldn't/couldn't sink that kind of money into something to play FS, or a train sim, or a flight sim, or the occasional "real" video-game. Good to know there are some pre-built, budget-minded machines that'll do some gaming. *thumbsup*
If you are looking for something to record on I use this PC for my recording too. :biggrin2:
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2: