Map Editor for Consoles?

Airborne82nd

Re: Map Editor for Consoles?

Post by Airborne82nd »

thumbwiz wrote:Place-able mods are your watered down version. Don't hold your breath for anything more. Trying to build a place-able mod that would replace existing animal areas would really conflict with the core code. If they decided to update their engine to accommodate such a thing, I'm sure you'd have to pay dearly for it, and these days everyone wants everything for free.
Well, we on consoles indifferent to PC, are used to paying for things. Microstransactions and DLC, here there and everywhere. That's just life for us. At the same time, these free mods, although i thank them for them, are not making very many happy, even though they are free, few and in between.

So i personally wouldn't mind at all paying for many more maps and vehicles.

Saying that, having folks create their own maps, can then eliminate many of the headache and gripes. And the tech is already there to a certain extent, and sure it would be a watered down version, but these new consoles coming about, are more powerful than many PC's folks are playing on.

Given that, Giants can probably, like other Developers do more with higher end consoles, and lets not forget, that we're talking about the next game . Not this one, and at one point, people here at this given time before the last game, would have said mods were not possible. So, i wouldn't count Giants out of anything in what's possible.