Sheep

Boss Dino

Re: Sheep

Post by Boss Dino »

Looking for ideas to collect grass on a medium to large scale. Equipment ,bales or loose grass ect.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

If you're on console, loose grass/hay is the only way. The bale limit makes using bales for a medium/large scale operation impossible. Use the placeable hay lofts to store your hay. Mow, ted, windrow and then collect the windrows with a loading wagon.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I should mention that this is especially true for seasons play. If you're not using seasons, you can probably get away with baling since you can cut pretty regularly.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Boss Dino

Post by Boss Dino »

I am not using seasons and I am playing on console. Currently I mow with the big M and then just bale. I was thinking of ploughing my grass field to be able to fertilize to get yeild boost.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

If your area of grass isn't already a "field", then ploughing and seeding it grass is a good idea. I'd say the yield bonus from fertilizing is worth it.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I use the forage and chips silo mod, this saves time baling the hay/ grass.
gamertag Jeff Z7

Post by gamertag Jeff Z7 »

Boss Dino wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 pm Looking for ideas to collect grass on a medium to large scale. Equipment ,bales or loose grass ect.
Mower on the front of a tractor & windrower on the back. Hired help will leave you a nice high line of grass to pick up with a loading wagon or baler.

I use the MF forage harvester (very cheap daily cost), 3ft mower & a 3 point trailer (via big bud pack) to pull the windrower.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Just found out that the Krone Big M500 works with a baler and loading wagon *thumbsup* This works so fast, ideal for large scale grass/ hay/ baling.

You do need to start the tool manually though, and keep an eye on the hired hand.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Dang, thats how I can hire a worker with a baler, hmmmmmmmmmm
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Sorry, forgot to mention: I haven't tried a hired hand with the baler yet, only with a loading wagon...Which works, altough they keep going when the wagon is full.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Et voila :)

VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Had my first full trailer yesterday, 39 pallets; proved to be way too much for the game to handle. Loading was laggy, the driving was horrible, had to stop halfway as I was getting seasick from the lag *thumbsdown*

BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Holy he**! Gonna share the wealth?