Is there historical farming?

Quadrophenia

Is there historical farming?

Post by Quadrophenia »

Thinking about buying this game and tried to do some searching and didn't find much. Can this reasonably realistically be played as a farmer from the mid 1900's? Thank you for any input.
eric21

Re: Is there historical farming?

Post by eric21 »

Only if one to make mods based on that
crypt.halo

Post by crypt.halo »

Quadrophenia wrote:Thinking about buying this game and tried to do some searching and didn't find much. Can this reasonably realistically be played as a farmer from the mid 1900's? Thank you for any input.
I would say the best answer is "not yet". I am expecting that they will do a similar "Farming Classics" like they did for FS15 https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-d ... 15classics

What system do you play on? If PC, there are TONS of mods to choose from.

If XB1/PS4 (I'm on XB1), the closest thing you will get is the Massey Ferg Mod Pack which is available on all platforms:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
John Wayne, Johnny Cash, and John Deere

Tractors Personally Owned
1938 Allis-Chalmers WC
1940s Allis Chalmers WD-45
1955 Ford 8N

PC SPECS
i7-8700k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM
ZOTAC Gaming RTX 2070 8GB

PC
Farming Simulator 19
All settings maxed out, 2k resolution, 60fps
Quadrophenia

Post by Quadrophenia »

I was pretty discouraged after the first answer, but I guess you give me some hope. :) Playing on a PC so it sounds like most mods would be available.

There doesn't seem to be anything else out there that is even a possibility, so close may have to be good enough. Tried Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming and while they had some good ideas, the game wasn't really completed and crashes a lot.

Not continuing my family farm as a young man is among the bigger mistakes of my life and now that I'm old, I guess I am trying to recreate it for myself at least virtually. :)
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Well, I think you find this to be an excellent farming game; it doesn't crash, it's very relaxing, and it is totally addicting! If you do purchase be prepared to donate a significant amount of time to it!!! Good luck.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I have not seen mods that take you all the way back to the 1900 time frame but there are mods that go back into the 40's and on up to present. This site has some of the better heritage style mods.

http://modcentral.co.uk/resources/categ ... efix_id=39 The in game maps are a bit to modern for this kind of game play but there are mod maps out there that work perfect for this kind of game play as they have that same rustic and historic look to them.
Quadrophenia

Post by Quadrophenia »

Thank you for the additional input. I was looking for middle of the 1900's anyway, 50's and 60's. I'm convinced to give it a try. :)

One last question. Since FS 15 has been around longer, not surprisingly, there are more mods for it. Should I go with FS 15 instead? Or is 17 substantially better and the mods likely to catch up?

Edit: Think I answered my own question with some more digging. It appears that most mods from 15 will work on 17 anyway. Again thank you all for the help. Packing a lunch and headed to the hayfield. :)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Quadrophenia wrote: One last question. Since FS 15 has been around longer, not surprisingly, there are more mods for it. Should I go with FS 15 instead? Or is 17 substantially better and the mods likely to catch up?
Although I see you answered your question, I would like to say a big YES to that one. We're only scratching the surface of modding potential with FS17. They'll catch up. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I think FS17 is a much better game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya, fs17 will catch up, plus it is far more optimized for anything to do with field and forest work.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
crypt.halo

Post by crypt.halo »

Quadrophenia wrote:Thank you for the additional input. I was looking for middle of the 1900's anyway, 50's and 60's. I'm convinced to give it a try. :)

One last question. Since FS 15 has been around longer, not surprisingly, there are more mods for it. Should I go with FS 15 instead? Or is 17 substantially better and the mods likely to catch up?

Edit: Think I answered my own question with some more digging. It appears that most mods from 15 will work on 17 anyway. Again thank you all for the help. Packing a lunch and headed to the hayfield. :)

FS17 will catch up, trust us on that. FS17 is far superior in performance, graphics, and possibilities, which is exactly what you're looking for. I'm sure the Farming Classics pack will come up soon, just give it some patience.

I too love the mid 1900s tractors, as you can see by my profile pic of my 1955 Ford 8N :) I also have an old 1938 Allis Chalmers, a 1940s Allis Chalmers, and more Ford 8Ns. My family just bought a diesel John Deere utility tractor (John Deere is my favorite), but I will still use our old tractors as much as I can for working up the land we have up by our cabin :)

FS15 is being phased out and FS17 just got released 8 months ago and still has another 18 months of mods, updates, time and effort being put into it. It's still young and so many more mods will be available. Just look at all of them our right now! And Giants is doing a much better job of testing and promoting quality mods, which then drives the modders themselves to produce even higher quality mods. FS17 is the way to go. In the meantime, there is the Massey Pack that has the 70s and 80s tractors.
John Wayne, Johnny Cash, and John Deere

Tractors Personally Owned
1938 Allis-Chalmers WC
1940s Allis Chalmers WD-45
1955 Ford 8N

PC SPECS
i7-8700k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM
ZOTAC Gaming RTX 2070 8GB

PC
Farming Simulator 19
All settings maxed out, 2k resolution, 60fps