Tips for drumard

redglasses

Tips for drumard

Post by redglasses »

I'm currently playing drumard on hard mode, I have some cows, a forage harvester, a couple tractors, anyone have any tips on how to make my farm more efficient :ubergeek: ,thanks in advance
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Re: Tips for drumard

Post by RODHA »

Silage, sheep and field merging + missions.

Let me elaborate.

1) I've extended field 33 by plowing the empty space around it. I plant it corn and harvest it with a forage harvester. It gives apprx. 150k liters of chaff. As the silage clamp is very close to that field and as the silage price is always high if you do this as a routine you will have a constant flow of money. And dealing 150k liters of silage is really easy.

2) I've merged fields 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 to make a big field. It yields 80k liters of wheat (plowed and 3 stage fertilized) as an example.

3) Go for the sheep. As you have a lot of grass areas it is really easy to feed them and you get alot of wool. Wool has a really good price.

4) I do a lot of missions. As the fields are small/medium they don't take too much time and I earn a lot of money in no time.

5) Bonus tip. Use Holmer Terra Vairant. If you didn't notice yet it has a 3 point linkage at the back and has 598HP for 249k dollars. It is just the bargain of the millenium. You can pull almost anything with it.

Hope those work for you too *thumbsup* :wink3:
PS5 / FS22
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

redglasses wrote:I'm currently playing drumard on hard mode, I have some cows, a forage harvester, a couple tractors, anyone have any tips on how to make my farm more efficient :ubergeek: ,thanks in advance
I done 30 hours on Drummard couldn't really get into it everything seems (for me ) too spread out so deleted. I'm playing Thornton at the moment it's really good. I'm 120 into the map so far.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have more hours in on Drummard than any other map released yet... I would second almost everything Rodha stated... with the exception of the missions... because I never do them (did just to trophy).. silage for me is where you make money... but I don't use the silage clamp... I mow, bale and wrap and dump all of it at the secondary farm SiloKing... with the benefit being geting paid for the silage and then getting all that slurry afterwards. I had pigs, cows and sheep all running on this map...sheep being the easiest... and I would sell the forage harvester...waste of time in my opinion... and get a proper harvester for crops.

I really want to rant on the mission system too... I hate it... it pays too much... just like the previous versions of FS. Too me...and this is my opinion and I don't expect any of you to share it....I think the mission system would be better if replaced completely with a field leasing system... you lease a field... and you get it for a single harvest... that way you can lease fields based on current needs... just my two cents

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote:silage for me is where you make money... but I don't use the silage clamp... I mow, bale and wrap and dump all of it at the secondary farm SiloKing... with the benefit being geting paid for the silage and then getting all that slurry afterwards.
I'm surprised on this part.
1 silage bale has 2940 price on easy mode. That is 4000 liters of silage.
In the mean time you get over 3000 for 1000 liters of silage if you dump it into the digester.
So, you are losing huge amounts of money by selling your silage in bales.
May be the difference is much less in hard mode but still as Drumard has the highest prices in any map so far (as far as I've seen) you are loosing some serious cash.
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

yes I know....I am losing some money this way playing hard... but I prefer it to pi** around with the silage clamps which I despise in FS17

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
NateS

Post by NateS »

This is also my favorite map. I run cows, sheep & pigs. Have combined fields 4-8 into one field. Also turned one of my grass fields into crops. I use the sheep pasture to mow much of my grass. The silage clamp next to the cows is very helpful. I am currently in the process of buying fields 14-17 (I think those are the #'s) and turning them into one field.

Another interesting thing about this map is that you can dump more than just the standard crops into your silo. The down side of that though is that you would quickly run out of storage if you used the silo for things like root crops or straw.
PC & PS4
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I'm farming Drumard at the moment. I really like it, its the best of the small maps I think. It has all the detail of OxygenDavids and BulletBills maps but I like the fact you can move from field to field quite quickly. I've done a lot of customising of my Drumard farm. I've planted pine trees round the map edges because I hate those flat two dimensional cardboard cut out 'forest' boarders that are used on a lot of mod maps. They look ok from far away but up close they look awful. I might do the same to my Chellington map too. Its a shame it takes so long to do. I wish Giants would give us a better selection of placeable trees (and make them cheaper) for this purpose.

I've also got into forestry at Drumard, something I've never done on other maps.