FS 19?

Mobias

Re: FS 19?

Post by Mobias »

One thing I'd really like to see in FS-19 is the ability to direct sell crops to buyers without the sell points. I know you can already do this on PC but the feature should really be brought into the main game on console too. Trundling back and forth with wagons of grain is definitely my least favourite component of the game. Especially when the sell point giving you the best price is on the other side of a giant map. Its the main reason I stopped playing on Lawfolds.

I do think the sell points are kind of superfluous. By all means still include them for those that like them but Giants should at least give us the option of not using them. It would also give map modders the freedom to not having to include them. I'm playing Chellington at the moment and its only got one sell point. Presumably because there was only room for one in the layout of the map. It does seem kind of pointless having any on a map like that.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

To have consoles linked with the PC version was the biggest mistake Giants has ever made!
Who knows where the game would be right now if it wasn't for the consoles holding back the progress of the game.
Consoles are nothing but an hindrance as to where FS17 should be right now, !!!!!!THEY ARE NOT COMPATABLE!!!!!!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

j_maybury wrote:To have consoles linked with the PC version was the biggest mistake Giants has ever made!
Who knows where the game would be right now if it wasn't for the consoles holding back the progress of the game.
Consoles are nothing but an hindrance as to where FS17 should be right now, !!!!!!THEY ARE NOT COMPATABLE!!!!!!
Why aren't they compatible and why and how is the console version holding back progress of the game? I'm fairly certain with the recent success of the game Giants make a large amount of money from sales of the console versions which they no doubt plough (no pun intended) and invest in further development of the game across all platforms.

Its undoubtably the case that the console versions of the game are actually helping the franchise reach new heights with an increasingly large audience.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote:
j_maybury wrote:To have consoles linked with the PC version was the biggest mistake Giants has ever made!
Why aren't they compatible and why and how is the console version holding back progress of the game? I'm fairly certain with the recent success of the game Giants make a large amount of money from sales of the console versions which they no doubt plough (no pun intended) and invest in further development of the game across all platforms.

Its undoubtably the case that the console versions of the game are actually helping the franchise reach new heights with an increasingly large audience.
The game relies on the mod makers to innovate the game, On the PC they can use scripted mods, like the Seasons mod.
But now that consoles have joined in, and do not allow scripted mods, it hampers the progress that the mod makers have made as apposed to FS15 when never the twain met!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

j_maybury wrote:
Mobias wrote:

The game relies on the mod makers to innovate the game, On the PC they can use scripted mods, like the Seasons mod.
But now that consoles have joined in, and do not allow scripted mods, it hampers the progress that the mod makers have made as apposed to FS15 when never the twain met!
Where's your proof?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

j_maybury wrote:
Hang on though. Unless I've missed something since when did mod makers stop making mods or have mods hampered by the existence of the console versions of the game?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Hang on though. Unless I've missed something since when did mod makers stop making mods or have mods hampered by the existence of the console versions of the game?
All mod makers are being urged to re-make there mods by Giants for the consoles, so that time is waisted on what could be spent on the next mod.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

[/quote]
Where's your proof?[/quote]

The amount of scripted mods there were for FS15 compared ot the amount of scripted mods there is for FS17... Is my proof!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

j_maybury wrote:
All mod makers are being urged to re-make there mods by Giants for the consoles, so that time is waisted on what could be spent on the next mod.
Meanwhile many many more people are getting to enjoy the game on console and are contributing to the game's further development and long term survival by buying it with real world cash. Not something the PC gaming world is entirely known for.....

With mods like the recent seasons mod plus many others I'm sure the PC crowd will be more than catered for and at no tangible expense brought about by the evil console market.

I'm sure you'll be fine
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Meanwhile many many more people are getting to enjoy the game on console and are contributing to the game's further development and long term survival by buying it with real world cash. Not something the PC gaming world is entirely known for.....

With mods like the recent seasons mod plus many others I'm sure the PC crowd will be more than catered for and at no tangible expense brought about by the evil console market.

I'm sure you'll be fine
You can enjoy the game as much as you want, like you did with FS15.......... Juts not with us on the PC platform, and FYI, I buy all my games from the proper channels, thank you very much!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

j_maybury wrote:
Where's your proof?[/quote]

The amount of scripted mods there were for FS15 compared ot the amount of scripted mods there is for FS17... Is my proof![/quote]
Several of the scripted mods from 15 were incorporated into the new game, most of the ones that weren't have been converted and there are plenty of new ones bringing fresh ideas.
What do you feel is missing?
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Beastofwar wrote:I would be disappointed if it wouldn't offer dynamic deformable terrain.

Think of it : the only reason you need tractors and big wheel farming vehicles is you need to pull heavy things or carry heavy weight and drive over or through ground that deforms and gives a lot less friction then a road.

But in this game you can use ordinairy trucks ( with enough horsepower ) with even road wheels as pulling tractors with no problem at all as they roll over simple textures. Despite the ground reaction and crop destruction module mods. Trucks offer more power per dollar/euro that they cost, are often faster on the road and can pull enormous loads....and many mod ones have a front/aft PTO as well. Some have even tractor hitches...

So in many cases ( depends on the hitch ) there is no incentive at all to use tractors at some point. Dynamic deformable terrain ( soft ground & wheel sink/slip ) would change that. Just as IRL. There are 6x6, 8x8 and even more wheeled off road capable trucks that can wade through impressive depths of mud but farming vehicles are still way more capable as trucks must still be more suitable to drive far and fast on roads. I guess that is why chaser bins/auger wagons are used in the first place instead of overloading into a truck directy. It is cheaper not using trucks that can wade into fields and not get stuck....

So seasons in important. But the very core of this game need a reason for using the machinery as they are IRL.
This man knows his business. I second that. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Hairy Bob wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Where's your proof?
The amount of scripted mods there were for FS15 compared ot the amount of scripted mods there is for FS17... Is my proof![/quote]
Several of the scripted mods from 15 were incorporated into the new game, most of the ones that weren't have been converted and there are plenty of new ones bringing fresh ideas.
What do you feel is missing?[/quote]

Where do I begin? OK, Tea plantations, rice fields, cotton, oats, orange groves, pumpkins, peas, carrots, runner beans, cabbages, tulip bulbs, orchards of various types, more seasonal trees and bushes that grow and need cutting, three dimensional ground that can be levelled off to lay down building or make roads, sun and moon that tracks across the sky, better AI traffic that responds realistically, more AI animals, AI birds that land in trees and fly out of them, hedgerow cutters, and many many more that I have missed out of this list that I can think of.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

j_maybury wrote:
Mobias wrote:

So basically, you're blaming the modders for not improving Giants game because Giants released it to console? Seems a little retarded if you ask me. A lot of companies seem to have no problems making games for PC and console. And other companies don't rely exclusively on modders to make the game enjoyable after a week or two of playing the base game. You could always make some PC only mods yourself.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

One more thing FS19, should have a separate compartment for mod maps, and NOT! dump them in with the rest of the mods, so that we can untick all the maps and just use the one we want to play without having to troll through the entire mod folder.
When will Giants learn that maps are incompatible and need to be switched off?