FS 19?

baltic1284

Re: FS 19?

Post by baltic1284 »

j_maybury wrote:
Mobias wrote:I think some people are getting a bit carried away with the whole modders do all the work thing. Its a mutually beneficial relationship at the end of the day. Without Giants there would be no Farming Simulator at all. People should remember that before getting overly critical of them.

When I've read around here and on other forums it seems almost always modders create something for the fun creative and technical challenge it presents and also of course because they want to use whatever mod they're creating for the game, be it a vehicle, map, object or whatever. The idea that they're slaving away at home at a computer purely to make the owners of Giants rich for nothing in return strikes me as total nonsense and such a cynical way of looking at things.

The sense of satisfaction for creating an amazing map or whatever and see lots of others using it and enjoying it must be mostly its own reward. Thats why I'd love to have a go at it myself.
I will stand by all that I have said! Giant are not a bad bunch, but they don't do enough to help out when it comes to on going problems with the game, like haveing map mods in the same stable as the equipment mods also other mod (game changing mods) should also be in a seporate stable with in the game, so that every time we start a new map we don't have to trawl through endless reems of mods that we have to tick or un-tick.Also we need a way of deleting all the deuplicates from the game.
Another issue is the lack of complete company lines like Challenger Fendt Case Valtra Massey Ferguson out the new companies got darn near everything. Challenger was 3 tractos and that was it same for Valtra and Fendt. The ongoing problems that are never addressed and or never fixed unless you put it on the German forums then all kinds of improper attention si given to it. The fact that they still havnt added at all any mods from FS-15 that was like Seasons mod https://www.fs-uk.com/mods/view/36108/s ... rol-v2-0-x this added a lot the FS-15 game that needs be added you don't need 3 forms of fertilizer when there is a lot more that can done.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

baltic1284 wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Mobias wrote:I think some people are getting a bit carried away with the whole modders do all the work thing. Its a mutually beneficial relationship at the end of the day. Without Giants there would be no Farming Simulator at all. People should remember that before getting overly critical of them.

When I've read around here and on other forums it seems almost always modders create something for the fun creative and technical challenge it presents and also of course because they want to use whatever mod they're creating for the game, be it a vehicle, map, object or whatever. The idea that they're slaving away at home at a computer purely to make the owners of Giants rich for nothing in return strikes me as total nonsense and such a cynical way of looking at things.

The sense of satisfaction for creating an amazing map or whatever and see lots of others using it and enjoying it must be mostly its own reward. Thats why I'd love to have a go at it myself.
I will stand by all that I have said! Giant are not a bad bunch, but they don't do enough to help out when it comes to on going problems with the game, like haveing map mods in the same stable as the equipment mods also other mod (game changing mods) should also be in a seporate stable with in the game, so that every time we start a new map we don't have to trawl through endless reems of mods that we have to tick or un-tick.Also we need a way of deleting all the deuplicates from the game.
Another issue is the lack of complete company lines like Challenger Fendt Case Valtra Massey Ferguson out the new companies got darn near everything. Challenger was 3 tractos and that was it same for Valtra and Fendt. The ongoing problems that are never addressed and or never fixed unless you put it on the German forums then all kinds of improper attention si given to it. The fact that they still havnt added at all any mods from FS-15 that was like Seasons mod https://www.fs-uk.com/mods/view/36108/s ... rol-v2-0-x this added a lot the FS-15 game that needs be added you don't need 3 forms of fertilizer when there is a lot more that can done.
Yes the Soil mod was one of the best In FS15, But what made me mad is that they got rid of all those crop types from FS15 and left us with the bog standard crop types plus sunflowers, radish, and popular, in FS17, why not give us all the other crops that were made? would that have been so difficult? by the way there are 7 types of fertilizer now, roller, manure, slurry, pellet, chemical, weeder, radish. and that's just the one's off the top of my head.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

j_maybury wrote:
baltic1284 wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Yes the Soil mod was one of the best In FS15, But what made me mad is that they got rid of all those crop types from FS15 and left us with the bog standard crop types plus sunflowers, radish, and popular, in FS17, why not give us all the other crops that were made? would that have been so difficult? by the way there are 7 types of fertilizer now, roller, manure, slurry, pellet, chemical, weeder, radish. and that's just the one's off the top of my head.
was doing the ones that most players there is more fertilizer in the game then needs be what got me hopping mad was a promise to add more companies and they added Massey Ferguson and the others as chunk change companies if you gonna promise companies take the time and add all of there stuff not 3 here and 3 there. Been nice and probably would mad fewer players mad if they saw the entire challenger line up or the entire Fendt line up or the Entire Valtra line up. IF a player can get online go to any of these sites and find equipment you didn't add as a company you didn't look and research good enough especially for the price of the initial game release. Adding Soil mod as an announcement since it was one of the most popular mods out there for FS-15 much like seasons is for FS-17 woulda went a long at also.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Yea whole line up would be nice but its all about licencing. In other thread Lisertan explaned this. Some companies say you can use these vehicles etc. So its not that simple...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

baltic1284 wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
baltic1284 wrote:
was doing the ones that most players there is more fertilizer in the game then needs be what got me hopping mad was a promise to add more companies and they added Massey Ferguson and the others as chunk change companies if you gonna promise companies take the time and add all of there stuff not 3 here and 3 there. Been nice and probably would mad fewer players mad if they saw the entire challenger line up or the entire Fendt line up or the Entire Valtra line up. IF a player can get online go to any of these sites and find equipment you didn't add as a company you didn't look and research good enough especially for the price of the initial game release. Adding Soil mod as an announcement since it was one of the most popular mods out there for FS-15 much like seasons is for FS-17 woulda went a long at also.
Again it's not Giants choice which tractors go in the game, I'm sure they would like all of them, there is a huge range of MF equipment. If you go on Thier international site you will see all of the latest line up. NH and Case OH have a huge range, if you combined Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

eric21 wrote:
baltic1284 wrote:
j_maybury wrote:
Again it's not Giants choice which tractors go in the game, I'm sure they would like all of them, there is a huge range of MF equipment. If you go on Thier international site you will see all of the latest line up. NH and Case OH have a huge range, if you combined Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas
Actually they do and doesn't mean I don't think they should have they even asked the community in a poll and ignored that completely. and second most popular choice was to add and finish the current company lines.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

TomXP411 wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:
eric21 wrote: So why is it doing so well in console than other console games?
Ummm, because it is WAY cheaper than other 'mainstream' games.

I have to agree that with 'porting' FS to consoles the game has been gimped and the only reason that Giant's did it, was not to increase player base, but the usual $$$$ (profit margin), no other reason.

The owners of Giant's are laughing all the way to the bank because modders are making so much free content for them which they (Giants) would normally have to pay developers to make, so again, $$$$ is the main reason (and probably the only one) they made the game 'portable' and let modders add so much 'extra' content which Giants has been to lazy to develop themselves.

Cheers :hi:
This is a really unfair thing to say.

There's a long tradition of modding in the gaming community, and IMO all game companies should encourage mods. Mods benefit both the community and the creator of the game. We get free content, and the game maker sells more copies. How is any of that a bad thing?

TL;DR

Perhaps, before calling the team "lazy", you should try doing their job for a while.
Perhaps before commenting you should actually read and try to comprehend what I said/wrote (unless you mean Giants as the 'team', then I capitulate as my comprehension obviously stinks... BADLY). The "lazy" tag is in reference to Giants, more mods (and some far better than Giant's IMHO) are coming from the community than the company.

In an eggshell, what Giants provided was a 'base' and the modders have 'fleshed' out FS to what it is now, imagine how boring the sim would be if not one non-Giant mod was added, would you still be playing or looking elsewhere? Think about it.

Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Honestly, Giants has came a long way from fs13, that was my first ever farming game for console, i was use to JD farming game on PC, so i honestly thought fs was going to be a point and click game like JD farming, and also what to expect for graphics, but we game shared on PS3, but when i fired the game up, it turned my thinking around very fast, i stayed up till noon the next day playing it, but look at fs17, physics, gameplay, different animals, more indepth animal husbandry, more tractor and equipment brands, and now we got mods on console, thats not being lazy, with all these features from mods, alot of doors has opened for these modders to take advantage of, and believe me they are trying to do it, so giants and the modders turned the fs franchise around.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

baltic1284 wrote:
eric21 wrote:
baltic1284 wrote:
Actually they do and doesn't mean I don't think they should have they even asked the community in a poll and ignored that completely. and second most popular choice was to add and finish the current company lines.
They mentioned it on the previous page, that the companies decide which goes on
eric21

Post by eric21 »

BlackThumb wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:
Ummm, because it is WAY cheaper than other 'mainstream' games.

I have to agree that with 'porting' FS to consoles the game has been gimped and the only reason that Giant's did it, was not to increase player base, but the usual $$$$ (profit margin), no other reason.

The owners of Giant's are laughing all the way to the bank because modders are making so much free content for them which they (Giants) would normally have to pay developers to make, so again, $$$$ is the main reason (and probably the only one) they made the game 'portable' and let modders add so much 'extra' content which Giants has been to lazy to develop themselves.

This is a really unfair thing to say.

There's a long tradition of modding in the gaming community, and IMO all game companies should encourage mods. Mods benefit both the community and the creator of the game. We get free content, and the game maker sells more copies. How is any of that a bad thing?

TL;DR

Perhaps, before calling the team "lazy", you should try doing their job for a while.
Perhaps before commenting you should actually read and try to comprehend what I said/wrote (unless you mean Giants as the 'team', then I capitulate as my comprehension obviously stinks... BADLY). The "lazy" tag is in reference to Giants, more mods (and some far better than Giant's IMHO) are coming from the community than the company.

In an eggshell, what Giants provided was a 'base' and the modders have 'fleshed' out FS to what it is now, imagine how boring the sim would be if not one non-Giant mod was added, would you still be playing or looking elsewhere? Think about it.

Of course Giants wants money, who does not? Anyway there's tonnes of pc games coming to console over the next few months
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

this article tell something about FS19!!!!
https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 1212594092
Guil

Post by Guil »

There is nothing in that about fs19 except it's in development.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Guil wrote:There is nothing in that about fs19 except it's in development.
He at least gave a link to a development of a game and that is better than rumored milled. Only issue I have with the game is the half company stuff add a company but only give 3 tractors is sad when the other got more than that at least make it fair and let the player choose which company they want. AT least give Challenger, Fendt there combines officially and the rest of the Challenger line. MT400E, MT500E, MT500E and the challenger there is already a Challenger RoGator mod for the game. Maybe in the next game this game too late.
Guil

Post by Guil »

How is it a link about the development? It's an old interview, that's if it is actually genuine and not click-bait. There is two sentences about fs19 that is really vague.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Guil wrote:How is it a link about the development? It's an old interview, that's if it is actually genuine and not click-bait. There is two sentences about fs19 that is really vague.
I aint saying ti is a good one just saying it is one don't get me wrong may be all blow hard but at least a link.