FS 19?

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: FS 19?

Post by Lisertan »

leonebianco24 wrote:It seems that GIANTS wants to implement the "Season mod" in FS19 *thumbsup*
Where does that come from? I'm 100% sure we didn't say anything like that.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

You don't have to say it, it's implicit because why wouldn't you?
Seasons = Best. Mod. Evahh!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I think it would be great if Giants implemented seasons mod into FS19, so console players could enjoy it. Otherwise I don't see much of a reason to buy FS19, as it's gonna be excactly the same as FS17.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

masterplan wrote:I think it would be great if Giants implemented seasons mod into FS19, so console players could enjoy it. Otherwise I don't see much of a reason to buy FS19, as it's gonna be excactly the same as FS17.
We won't see it unless they do something with the script stuff in fs19. I'll be getting fs19 if seasons is in or not.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Season is not a FS19 mod, it's a FS17 mod, keep that in mind guys. We'll see what FS19 brings, we will talk about that once we get closer to release, it's quite far away at the moment.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Frantic Farmer wrote:
masterplan wrote:I think it would be great if Giants implemented seasons mod into FS19, so console players could enjoy it. Otherwise I don't see much of a reason to buy FS19, as it's gonna be excactly the same as FS17.
We won't see it unless they do something with the script stuff in fs19. I'll be getting fs19 if seasons is in or not.
Same but it would be nice to see seasons in the game as an option *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

As Donald would say "FAKE NEWS"!!!!!

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

too soon to include seasons mod for FS19. The mod is barely released. The bulk of players still needs to play it.

Let it live for a few months, then eventually, if there is much traction, consider it.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I think its far more likely Giants will do their own version of the seasons mod for FS-19. It may well be the case that it needs simplifying for the consoles.

I'm not surprised that its not coming to FS-17 on consoles anyway. It seems like a major addition to the game that overhauls almost everything about how the base game works.
novass

Post by novass »

Time will tell whether it will be included in the next fs game.but..sounds logical that they would include Giants version of seasons modd..they will have to at some point. .who knows when..why would Giants spill the beans now?....Chris
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

... I am curious to see what Giants implements to stave off all the competition in the farming arena that is on the way

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Obviously some version of it would seem almost necessary. There's so many new challenges with it.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Kevinw26

Post by Kevinw26 »

Seasons would be nice but i would really like to see rice and cotton
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I would be disappointed if it wouldn't offer dynamic deformable terrain.

Think of it : the only reason you need tractors and big wheel farming vehicles is you need to pull heavy things or carry heavy weight and drive over or through ground that deforms and gives a lot less friction then a road.

But in this game you can use ordinairy trucks ( with enough horsepower ) with even road wheels as pulling tractors with no problem at all as they roll over simple textures. Despite the ground reaction and crop destruction module mods. Trucks offer more power per dollar/euro that they cost, are often faster on the road and can pull enormous loads....and many mod ones have a front/aft PTO as well. Some have even tractor hitches...

So in many cases ( depends on the hitch ) there is no incentive at all to use tractors at some point. Dynamic deformable terrain ( soft ground & wheel sink/slip ) would change that. Just as IRL. There are 6x6, 8x8 and even more wheeled off road capable trucks that can wade through impressive depths of mud but farming vehicles are still way more capable as trucks must still be more suitable to drive far and fast on roads. I guess that is why chaser bins/auger wagons are used in the first place instead of overloading into a truck directy. It is cheaper not using trucks that can wade into fields and not get stuck....

So seasons in important. But the very core of this game need a reason for using the machinery as they are IRL.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
dutchman063

Post by dutchman063 »

Ive been playin seasons for a few weeks now and see no reason to ever play it without it, same goes for soilmod, if its ever released for FS17