FS 19?

BlackThumb

Re: FS 19?

Post by BlackThumb »

eric21 wrote: Isn't that the main reason of every company? To make money? If they hadn't now, FS would of come to consoles sooner or later. Other PC games have followed suite, World of tanks, war thunder, cities skylines, mine craft just name a few
Funny you should mention WoT. I played WoT for 5 years (was a founding member of PANZACS) and tried the console version for all of maybe 10 minutes before giving it up as a bad joke. So, "Yes", console ported games give me a 'bad taste' in the mouth as they do NOT give you the amount of control you can/could have on a PC version (due to the limited amount of buttons on the console). I have a 'macro keyboard' and 'macro mouse' which I use extensively on FS (amongst other games) and 'lose' this functionality when I try the console version as I can not replicate all the commands I want/need.

And partially correct Mobias, yes GIANTS will laugh all the way to the bank with 'extra' profits from console edition sales, but this does NOT necessarily mean they are/will actively recruit more developers/mappers. Why spend $$$$ when they can get it for free from modders?......

As you said, wait and see, but DO NOT get your hopes up.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

BlackThumb wrote:
eric21 wrote: Isn't that the main reason of every company? To make money? If they hadn't now, FS would of come to consoles sooner or later. Other PC games have followed suite, World of tanks, war thunder, cities skylines, mine craft just name a few
Funny you should mention WoT. I played WoT for 5 years (was a founding member of PANZACS) and tried the console version for all of maybe 10 minutes before giving it up as a bad joke. So, "Yes", console ported games give me a 'bad taste' in the mouth as they do NOT give you the amount of control you can/could have on a PC version (due to the limited amount of buttons on the console). I have a 'macro keyboard' and 'macro mouse' which I use extensively on FS (amongst other games) and 'lose' this functionality when I try the console version as I can not replicate all the commands I want/need

But those hd graphics doh :wink3: :lol: :hi:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BoijiZ

Post by BoijiZ »

I like farming simulator game serie and have play this game alot, even the old generation of the game. Giants need to improve the game alot or the may los alot of player to oter games. I hope giants see this game and se what they have done, we need more realistic driving experience, suspension on tractor and trucks on console is not good, whe need gearbox functionn like a setup like we have manuall turn on/off now, the game need tractor that not do this turbo boost starts. I hope someday giants gonna improve this game and i hope on a update to it before fs 19 so we can se they want to make this game even better. What do you think?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:
I have to agree that with 'porting' FS to consoles the game has been gimped and the only reason that Giant's did it, was not to increase player base, but the usual $$$$ (profit margin), no other reason.

Even if it has been 'gimped' by bringing it to console (and I don't believe it has, the PC version is still thriving and will always be the game's natural home ) surely thats a small price to pay for the fact that millions more people are getting to enjoy it on console?

The extra success on console will presumably mean Giants will be laughing all the way to the bank to then use those extra profits to invest in the studio, hire more staff, and keep developing the game. On the one hand you've got lots of people on this forum complaining about patches not coming out quick enough and stuff being released without being thoroughly tested and on the other hand you've got people begrudging the game being successful now across multiple platforms. Having worked in the games industry I know that the success of the console version of the game will benefit ALL players of FS in the long run.

I am sympathetic to the argument that Giants perhaps rely too much on modders, particularly map modders (which really provide the backbone of the game) but see my above point about Giants being able to invest in more staff and perhaps start producing more content in house. We'll see.....
You are so deluded to think that Giants will pour a ton of money into the next development, It will be costed at the same rate as the other FS's. It needs a better game engine, that can handle the dynamic's, with far better IA. But I won't hold my breath, for that one to happen, all the extra cash will go where it has always gone countless times before, in the pockets of the board of members and the CEO.
Without the modders this game would have died in 2009, It is the modders that bring the game to life, without them we would not have seen the massive improvement's we have today. In fact they would not have changed much from FS09 specs.
Be prepared for another big disappointment, which will be left for the modders to salvage.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So why are you still playing?
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

*thumbsup* In my point of view this game has improved a lot, I have never really played it in pc always in console and since the fs 2013 asta today I improve much the same are still the same tractors and marks not all there some new I do not lie that it is true that Without the moder because maybe it would be a little more theoretical the game as in fs 2015 not there mod in console nor tricks is more to put head to really raise the farm and buy bigger equipment but even without mod I have managed to aser me of good equipment in Question of 2 weeks of game playing trees and buying lots so I think you're wrong about this game maybe you do not like it enough that it bores you but look at the good side I play it and I also play the call of duty and Battlefield Then I get bored and play the farm so if the truth I expect something better and improved for fs 19 trusted in giants ,,, let giants impress your people your community that is already bigger we are going well encourage friends *thumbsup*

Game in xbox one in Mexico farms to 100 thanks moders by their mod
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

BlackThumb wrote:
eric21 wrote: So why is it doing so well in console than other console games?
Ummm, because it is WAY cheaper than other 'mainstream' games.

I have to agree that with 'porting' FS to consoles the game has been gimped and the only reason that Giant's did it, was not to increase player base, but the usual $$$$ (profit margin), no other reason.

The owners of Giant's are laughing all the way to the bank because modders are making so much free content for them which they (Giants) would normally have to pay developers to make, so again, $$$$ is the main reason (and probably the only one) they made the game 'portable' and let modders add so much 'extra' content which Giants has been to lazy to develop themselves.

This is a really unfair thing to say.

There's a long tradition of modding in the gaming community, and IMO all game companies should encourage mods. Mods benefit both the community and the creator of the game. We get free content, and the game maker sells more copies. How is any of that a bad thing?

When people first started modding video games, some game creators reacted with outrage. Others reacted pleasantly and actually encouraged it. The games that generally allowed and encouraged modding went on to sell more copies over a longer period of time, as people bought the game to use as a platform for playing modded content.

Yes, Giants could hire more designers, but that just means the game would cost more, or that we'd have to pay for all the DLC. Is that really the way you want to go - to have to buy every tractor, every addon, and every map that didn't come with the base game?

Supporting mods isn't "lazy", it's a service to the community. It takes a lot of work to build an infrastructure that allows for easy installation of mods; it takes time and effort to test and distribute those mods. Nobody's being "lazy", they're doing a lot of work to help provide free content.

Perhaps, before calling the team "lazy", you should try doing their job for a while.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

TomXP411 wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:
eric21 wrote: So why is it doing so well in console than other console games?
Ummm, because it is WAY cheaper than other 'mainstream' games.

The owners of Giant's are laughing all the way to the bank because modders are making so much free content for them which they (Giants) would normally have to pay developers to make, so again, $$$$ is the main reason (and probably the only one) they made the game 'portable' and let modders add so much 'extra' content which Giants has been to lazy to develop themselves.

This is a really unfair thing to say.

There's a long tradition of modding in the gaming community, and IMO all game companies should encourage mods. Mods benefit both the community and the creator of the game. We get free content, and the game maker sells more copies. How is any of that a bad thing?

When people first started modding video games, some game creators reacted with outrage. Others reacted pleasantly and actually encouraged it. The games that generally allowed and encouraged modding went on to sell more copies over a longer period of time, as people bought the game to use as a platform for playing modded content.

Yes, Giants could hire more designers, but that just means the game would cost more, or that we'd have to pay for all the DLC. Is that really the way you want to go - to have to buy every tractor, every addon, and every map that didn't come with the base game?

Supporting mods isn't "lazy", it's a service to the community. It takes a lot of work to build an infrastructure that allows for easy installation of mods; it takes time and effort to test and distribute those mods. Nobody's being "lazy", they're doing a lot of work to help provide free content.

Perhaps, before calling the team "lazy", you should try doing their job for a while.
I agree with your comment, I support you is not easy the way and if you are right it is a great job the giants and the moder are not at all lazy
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Don't Giants pay modders though?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

redglasses wrote:Don't Giants pay modders though?
Some, but not a lot. Not enough to pay bills, that's for sure. But hey, any source of income is well accepted for a high school student :biggrin2: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I have this thought for the next game of simulator farm 2019 would be good apart from new brands of tractors would be great to see for example the fields that do not belong to us see that other owners work them do not know how to see tractors working their fields apart from us if there Traffic can also be that possible or not believe that it is a good idea to see neighbors working as in real life good that is just an idea for giants to see if they can aser that possible would give more realism to the game thanks and I hope your opinions
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

redglasses wrote:Don't Giants pay modders though?

The modders get paid per download so it's not a lot at all that's why donations are always welcome. Take Bullet bill he's been working on the new west coast map for 2 and a half years and probably won't see hardly any money only what's donated and downloads.

So yeah hat's off to any one that makes these mods :hi:
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I think some people are getting a bit carried away with the whole modders do all the work thing. Its a mutually beneficial relationship at the end of the day. Without Giants there would be no Farming Simulator at all. People should remember that before getting overly critical of them.

When I've read around here and on other forums it seems almost always modders create something for the fun creative and technical challenge it presents and also of course because they want to use whatever mod they're creating for the game, be it a vehicle, map, object or whatever. The idea that they're slaving away at home at a computer purely to make the owners of Giants rich for nothing in return strikes me as total nonsense and such a cynical way of looking at things.

The sense of satisfaction for creating an amazing map or whatever and see lots of others using it and enjoying it must be mostly its own reward. Thats why I'd love to have a go at it myself.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote:I think some people are getting a bit carried away with the whole modders do all the work thing. Its a mutually beneficial relationship at the end of the day. Without Giants there would be no Farming Simulator at all. People should remember that before getting overly critical of them.

When I've read around here and on other forums it seems almost always modders create something for the fun creative and technical challenge it presents and also of course because they want to use whatever mod they're creating for the game, be it a vehicle, map, object or whatever. The idea that they're slaving away at home at a computer purely to make the owners of Giants rich for nothing in return strikes me as total nonsense and such a cynical way of looking at things.

The sense of satisfaction for creating an amazing map or whatever and see lots of others using it and enjoying it must be mostly its own reward. Thats why I'd love to have a go at it myself.
I will stand by all that I have said! Giant are not a bad bunch, but they don't do enough to help out when it comes to on going problems with the game, like haveing map mods in the same stable as the equipment mods also other mod (game changing mods) should also be in a seporate stable with in the game, so that every time we start a new map we don't have to trawl through endless reems of mods that we have to tick or un-tick.Also we need a way of deleting all the deuplicates from the game.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I do hope that the console farmers get mods for FS19.
the big print giveth the small print taketh