Personal opinion

Kevinw26

Personal opinion

Post by Kevinw26 »

Fs 17 is great but i think giants needs to step there game up if they want to continue to be on top of the farming simulation games i say get rid of potatoes and sugar beets and add rice and cotton dont go after kubota get john deere and claas once you have them others will follow
BigC92

Re: Personal opinion

Post by BigC92 »

Giants dont have to do anything, they'll improve key areas where they darn well please.
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

They will most likely never get John Deere, as they have their own sim out even though it is old.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

OP, reading the forum will give you an answer on JD. ;)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Oh sure finally get a real beet harvester (holmer) and you wanna scrap it... beets and potatos need improvement. The entire concept of the game needs improvement. Make your crops go towards something. Animal feed. Or other goods. Wheat to a bakery to turn into bread. Bread to a deli. Crops to feed cows and pigs. Animals to slaughter. Meat to deli. Makes sammiches. Barley to a brewery. Beer to the restaurants. Instead we got grow harvest sell repeat. Nothing to keep it going. That's why so many of the pc mods are so successful. But Giants refuses to listen.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Well. No. There is no reason to remove crops.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Kevinw26 wrote:Fs 17 is great but i think giants needs to step there game up if they want to continue to be on top of the farming simulation games i say get rid of potatoes and sugar beets and add rice and cotton dont go after kubota get john deere and claas once you have them others will follow
:hmm: :confusednew: *thumbsdown* Why get rid of potatoes and sugar beets and add rice and cotton? You get two more cereal grain crops using the same harvester with the same headers--possibly new header and harvester for cotton would be needed as it is a specialty crop--but still the same type of harvester. With potatoes and beets you are growing specialty crops with specialty equipment as in RLF. My only thought would be to increase the selling price of potatoes and to some degree for beets, because I didn't actually grow beets so I have no comparisons to make, to compensate for the more expensive equipment used, and higher production costs to more simulate real life farming of potatoes--I grew potatoes for many years. Potatoes is my favorite crop to grow on any map I play, sugar beets is next because the rest of the crops use the same basic equipment-that can get boring at times. :!: :!: :smileynew:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Bootdancer47 wrote:
Kevinw26 wrote:Fs 17 is great but i think giants needs to step there game up if they want to continue to be on top of the farming simulation games i say get rid of potatoes and sugar beets and add rice and cotton dont go after kubota get john deere and claas once you have them others will follow
:hmm: :confusednew: *thumbsdown* Why get rid of potatoes and sugar beets and add rice and cotton? You get two more cereal grain crops using the same harvester with the same headers--possibly new header and harvester for cotton would be needed as it is a specialty crop--but still the same type of harvester. With potatoes and beets you are growing specialty crops with specialty equipment as in RLF. My only thought would be to increase the selling price of potatoes and to some degree for beets, because I didn't actually grow beets so I have no comparisons to make, to compensate for the more expensive equipment used, and higher production costs to more simulate real life farming of potatoes--I grew potatoes for many years. Potatoes is my favorite crop to grow on any map I play, sugar beets is next because the rest of the crops use the same basic equipment-that can get boring at times. :!: :!: :smileynew:
I dont know what kind of cereal youre eating with cotton in it but you need to quit and Im not a farmer but I dont think cotton is a grain.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

manosaurus wrote:Oh sure finally get a real beet harvester (holmer) and you wanna scrap it... beets and potatos need improvement. The entire concept of the game needs improvement. Make your crops go towards something. Animal feed. Or other goods. Wheat to a bakery to turn into bread. Bread to a deli. Crops to feed cows and pigs. Animals to slaughter. Meat to deli. Makes sammiches. Barley to a brewery. Beer to the restaurants. Instead we got grow harvest sell repeat. Nothing to keep it going. That's why so many of the pc mods are so successful. But Giants refuses to listen.
While some of that is nice, it is out of the farmers control for the most part, and this is a farming game. We produce malt barley and sell it to a brewery here. Once it gets tested, weighed and if it gets approved its gone and we no longer own it. They give their promise to pay by this date and I go back to do that same ole same ole again. That is what farming is.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

TacoFarmer wrote: I dont know what kind of cereal youre eating with cotton in it but you need to quit and Im not a farmer but I dont think cotton is a grain.
Your post made me chuckle Taco. Thank you for that.

Why can't they keep what they have now and expand?
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Tacos aren't crops either...
Kevinw26

Post by Kevinw26 »

This is my opinion in my life i did farm we didnt do potatoes or sugar beets we did rice wheat and soybeans and cotton im from the south in the usa all this small equipment is a joke to me the smallest farm around us was 10,000 acres so thats why i like cotton and rice it takes big machines to get what we farmed done and cotton is not a grain its used to makes clothes and it does require a special machine to pick it and i have talked to both john deere and claas claas said they was really interested in this game so we just might get john deere to you never know unless u ask
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

I say keep what is there and expand with more crops that require new equipment maybe add some tree based crops that you plant once then just have to maintain we have planters and chainsaws all they would have to add is the harvest equipment fruit trees would be great and the beehive could add a fertilizer bonus
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

manosaurus wrote:Tacos aren't crops either...
I dont remember asking anybody to add tacos as a crop.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

TacoFarmer wrote:
manosaurus wrote:Tacos aren't crops either...
I dont remember asking anybody to add tacos as a crop.
Ya he didn't do that, and there is no need to remove crops, and beets and potatoes are already the most profitable crops in the game
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer