To find out a new map.

Vinesh

To find out a new map.

Post by Vinesh »

Hi friends. I'm a mad fan of fs17. I need a good map to have fun. I like nature,hill and large fields. Please suggest me a map.

Thanks in advance.
RODHA

Re: To find out a new map.

Post by RODHA »

PC or Console?
PS5 / FS22
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

:hi: Depends if you're playing on of it console? I'm on console and playing on Thornton Farm by Oxygen Dave brilliant map. Nice big fields all the gates open and shut, lights in buildings lovely English map. If you want massive fields to try out the Big Bud it's either American outback or Sandy bay. Hope this helps I'm sure other peeps will go more in depth. ;)
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Vinesh wrote:Hi friends. I'm a mad fan of fs17. I need a good map to have fun. I like nature,hill and large fields. Please suggest me a map.

Thanks in advance.
Emerald Valley.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

TacoFarmer wrote:
Vinesh wrote:Hi friends. I'm a mad fan of fs17. I need a good map to have fun. I like nature,hill and large fields. Please suggest me a map.

Thanks in advance.
Emerald Valley.
This or golden days of farming
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Vinesh

Post by Vinesh »

Thank u all. I also think they should not have cardboard finishes. Because I love realistic map.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Console or PC please. Which platform do you play on. That will have a big impact on what maps we can suggest for you.
SNate

Post by SNate »

Like Vinesh, I was looking for a hills/mountainous map. I am on the PC. I considered Emerald Valley, but unfortunately, it does not support any kind of animals, which is sad, because it looks amazing.
Golden Days of Farming I did not care for due to it being an island. I want to be surrounded by giant mountains.

My ideal map would be quite large, with lots of sightseeing options. The starting farm would be a small, family-run theme (no giant commercial slabs like some maps have), and lots of twisting roads that wrap around and up hills/mountains. Main roads should be large enough for a semi, with smaller roads accessible for medium tractors as a tight fit. The idea is to play as a single person that took over the family farm, and as realistic as possible.
Other maps I considered:
Fichtelberg - Beautiful, but buggy, with floating nuggets, clipping issues, poor road system.
Smokey Mountain Logging - Perfect mountains, but overall dusty color/palette, and no animals
The Old Stream Farm V2 - Nailed the "small farm" feel great, room for expansion, but map is simply too small.
Windsbach - I wanted to like this map, but the farm is industrial sized. :(
Rattlesnake Valley - Sooo...many.....squares... Farming plots need more curves to be realistic for me. Great idea, but looks too preplanned/fictional.

Eventually I settled on Bjornholm 17. From what I have read, its a remake of a 2015 map. Regardless, its beautiful, lots of rolling hills, giant plots, okay lumber options. I would like the non-water side to be more mountainous, but until something comes along, its what I call home.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Snate: Try "On the Hills" that came out for the contest. I just started it and it's got the small-farm feel that I also like. Lots of fields, lots of hills.

Chellington remains one of my favorite maps as well.
Playing on PC
Vinesh

Post by Vinesh »

I'm playing on a i3-3217u pc. My pc doesn't run maps like pinecove forest with medium settings. For my pc species golden days of farming is better among the stuffs I have tried.

I have played some logging maps,but animals and grains selling is a problem there. That's why I'm in a deep search for a map with hillside and village effect.
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

Have you tried Colborough Park Farm? Depends really what sort of map you're after, do you prefer UK/European/American style maps? Small/Medium/Large fields? With a bit more information people can tailor their recomendations a bit more to what you are looking for.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Serenity Valley v2 w/seasons looks very nice. I've been on it for 2 days, and there are mountains in the background, map it self is pretty flat, but who knows. Lots of maps to choose from.
Vinesh

Post by Vinesh »

Metal Moss wrote:Serenity Valley v2 w/seasons looks very nice. I've been on it for 2 days, and there are mountains in the background, map it self is pretty flat, but who knows. Lots of maps to choose from.
Well, there are more maps. But they should adopt my pc in medium settings. That's my problem.

Intel i3-3217u1.8ghz with hd4000,4gb ddr4 500gb hdd.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The problem is your on board graphics. It's dreadful for playing games. Try even find a second hand card and it will perform much better. You can use something like this to check if the card will work before buying it.
http://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA
Pick the game and then enter your system options and each card you want to check and it will tell you how it should run it.
Vinesh

Post by Vinesh »

Guil wrote:The problem is your on board graphics. It's dreadful for playing games. Try even find a second hand card and it will perform much better. You can use something like this to check if the card will work before buying it.
http://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA
Pick the game and then enter your system options and each card you want to check and it will tell you how it should run it.
Yeah. All the websites regarding system requirements says that I can't play farming simulator. Also my pc has an integrated graphics which can't be upgraded. It's a 3rd gen hp pc.