Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by thumbwiz »

Looks amazing, but forget about hired helpers
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
novass

Post by novass »

I would rather have all maps pay for dlc..maybe offer maps in two map packs or three,hell even four maps packs.if its only one map each payment..I'd pay 9.99 a map or packages like two maps for 14.99?.and so on.the great thing is it frees up our 4 gig dlc for more equipment..instead of having to choose.its not fair to the modders to choose one map over another because not enouch room on consoles edtions and the modders making equipment. .cause it a choice now..maybe Giants could package the equipment to..sorry for rambling on..looking forward to this map...it does look good.I know it won't cause its over the pond..but I would appreciate traffic going the direction of flow in the US.every time I use over the pond maps I have to turn off traffic..cause I don't remember traffic flow and get in to many wrecks..its funny,but causes unhappiness for me..but hope its successful map...take care all...Chris
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

And these are exactly people like you who destroy the industry. You say you would pay for maps. Don't be surprise when FS19 comes out and there won't be any MOD maps available, just the paid ones in DLC packs.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

LukeSpidey wrote:And these are exactly people like you who destroy the industry. You say you would pay for maps. Don't be surprise when FS19 comes out and there won't be any MOD maps available, just the paid ones in DLC packs.
Exactly, why have a MAPS category in the ingame ModHub, then turn around and pay for them? Look, ive seen most if not all mod maps on YouTube, i gotta hand it to the modders, but im not paying for a detailed map while its on the modhub ingame for FREE. All modders have my support. And then the blame will be on novass cause he'd rather pay for them, ruining the free mods for everyone.
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

BigC92 wrote:
LukeSpidey wrote:And these are exactly people like you who destroy the industry. You say you would pay for maps. Don't be surprise when FS19 comes out and there won't be any MOD maps available, just the paid ones in DLC packs.
Exactly, why have a MAPS category in the ingame ModHub, then turn around and pay for them? Look, ive seen most if not all mod maps on YouTube, i gotta hand it to the modders, but im not paying for a detailed map while its on the modhub ingame for FREE. All modders have my support. And then the blame will be on novass cause he'd rather pay for them, ruining the free mods for everyone.
If you actually realised for a minute how many hours BulletBill has put in of his precious spare time to make this map and the many hours the testers have spent trying to find any issues so that you guys can enjoy this wonderful map as trouble free as possible, I hope you would have a different opinion.

Just think also if these map makers stopped producing these maps for you to play on, you would be left with just the plain boring maps from Giants, no thanks!

Anyone who feels they would like to support BulletBill can do by visiting his Youtube or Facebook page and click on the donate button.
(if this is not allowed here I shall remove this bit)
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Totally agree Mike. I would have stopped playing this game months ago if we only had the ingame maps and equipment. The modders have done an amazing job bringing us more content at no charge.
There isn't much left these days you can get for free. Be bloody thankful you get these mods for nothing. Most of the huge companies charge for ridiculous extras such as skins. We get huge detailed maps that add hours and hours of gameplay for precisely nothing.
I can see people like the previous posters moaning about paying for a map and then buying fifa coins to open packs.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I do realize what they put into the maps, i was a mod tester for a friend of mine, but if the map has a "game changer" in it then i might think twice, FYI i have only played on standard ingame maps, i did it on fs13 and 15, but what does the map have to offer? Does it have a new crop, new equipment? They have to convince me to buy it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Goose66 wrote:Totally agree Mike. I would have stopped playing this game months ago if we only had the ingame maps and equipment. The modders have done an amazing job bringing us more content at no charge.
There isn't much left these days you can get for free. Be bloody thankful you get these mods for nothing. Most of the huge companies charge for ridiculous extras such as skins. We get huge detailed maps that add hours and hours of gameplay for precisely nothing.
I can see people like the previous posters moaning about paying for a map and then buying fifa coins to open packs.
You dont think im thankful for free mods? Have you ever seen me request anything to anyone? I hate when people request stuff for console especially John Deere or any un licensed brands, i want the request for console threads shut down, im not greedy.
Weedy weed NL

Post by Weedy weed NL »

We all can realise what kind of efford this take , and im a mod maker myself, not for fs17 though, and i think that we dont want to start a monopoly here,
despite the efford
he didnt make any programs to make a map possible, actually just lend things and copy n paste ( modders know what i mean)

And no way that we people have to pay for scriptkiddies.

Then everyone is, and will doing it.
Been there, done that. It will ruin it.
Xbox one player
Feel free to add me
Gamer tag: Weedy weed NL
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

Of course I'm thankful for the hard work the modders put into their products. I'm just oppose people who shout left and right that they would pay for the maps if they had to. I know there are people grateful for mods (I'm one of them) and what the modeders bring us. I just think that sometimes people are so excited that they are not fully aware of what they say and the same way ask for.

If some greedy business person from Giants or Focus or other gaming company see this thread they might get an idea which might thoroughly hurt gamers, especially those playing console version of the game.

Don't forget that those companies need money to prosper and MOD is a great way to get it. The recent example of mods for which you have to pay is Bethesda and their Creation Club. Somehow it's hard for me to believe that all the money for mods will find their way to the creators of mods. Bethesda will definitely get not such a small percent of each transaction.

This is what I'm afraid of.

I wonder if people who announced that they would pay for maps actually contact creators and offer their finacial support or they just shout for the sake of shouting.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

thumbwiz wrote:Looks amazing, but forget about hired helpers
AI extension?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

thumbwiz wrote:Looks amazing, but forget about hired helpers
I used hired helpers on PS4 on CPF a lot, I grassed off some areas of the fields and once you know how they behave they work quite well apart from telegraph poles. Check out google earth, even on the real CPF not all the field is planted
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Just curious Luke. Did you buy the Kuhn and/or Big Bud dlc ?

How can you say that added content that adds hundreds of hours to a game is going to hurt gamers ? I buy dlc and if certain maps or equipment that add to the game cost a few quid, I'll certainly buy it.
As for other companies, you are a tad behind the times. EA for one has creamed gamers for years. Not a new concept to charge for extras.

Don't get me wrong. I love the free mods and maps. But if things change, for whatever reason, I am willing to buy a few things to add to a fantastic game. And if course, the old adage, you don't have to buy it.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

novass wrote:I would rather have all maps pay for dlc..maybe offer maps in two map packs or three,hell even four maps packs.if its only one map each payment..I'd pay 9.99 a map or packages like two maps for 14.99?.and so on.the great thing is it frees up our 4 gig dlc for more equipment..instead of having to choose.its not fair to the modders to choose one map over another because not enouch room on consoles edtions and the modders making equipment. .cause it a choice now..maybe Giants could package the equipment to..sorry for rambling on..looking forward to this map...it does look good.I know it won't cause its over the pond..but I would appreciate traffic going the direction of flow in the US.every time I use over the pond maps I have to turn off traffic..cause I don't remember traffic flow and get in to many wrecks..its funny,but causes unhappiness for me..but hope its successful map...take care all...Chris
I agree man. I wouldn't mind at all paying for many more map dlc. Don't get me wrong, i understand the modders and their work, but their maps are not really my cup of tea for the reasons you mentioned. Can't drive on them, all the hedgerows etc. Just too small and out of sorts for me, but it doesn't mean others aren't enjoying them.

Only map mods i play, are MVR and Westbridge Hills, which is the same farm i been farming for years.

For people who think the mods will go away the more people complain, it's kind of hard to eliminate them once the genie's out of the bottle, but if they do, they do, and that's going to put more pressure on Giants, to come out with many more maps, inclusive to their players and geographical areas.

We have two other competitors coming up the pike by the time the new game comes out. They can have 20 maps to choose from right out of the box, of all different kinds for all we know.

So, we have to keep ahead of the competition. I personally would love a map editor, where we can create our own maps, and therefore have to do away with the whole issue. Anyhow, a bit late for this game, but going forward maybe more emphasis should be put on cranking up those dlc maps on Giants part much more often..
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I don't see the big deal either. I agree with you guys. I would pay for maps if I had too. Think about it, if you pay ten dollars for a map you play for 200 hours; that's like five cents an hour??? These developers spend a lot of time working on these. I understand it's nice they are free but I would bet there a tons of us who would be willing to pay if it was required. Not a huge deal in my opinion.

Thanks Giants for a great game!!!