Upcoming West Coast map

Xboxfarmsim

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

BulletBill83 wrote:Thanks for letting us all know Listern.

Sorry guys to disappoint you all, hopefully next week...
Definitely no need for you to apologise. It's ready when it's ready. Will give me the extra couple of days I need to sell up on CPF and see how profitable I've been
Massive respect to all the modders
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

No need to apologise Bullet Bill enjoy your anniversary and I must also thank Lisertan for keeping us all in the loop.
Ctighe

Post by Ctighe »

Definitely no need to apologise when it is out its out keep up the good work BB
Hendi26

Post by Hendi26 »

Gutted! No need for apologys bill you can only do what you can from your end thanks for your effort in still trying after multiple rejections.... enjoy your weekend and happy anniversary.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Put some tacos in there,it'll pass.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Harada

Post by Harada »

No apologies needed....happy anniversary!
XBox Series S
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Don't worry chaps I'm sure it will be here soon. Having been playing the map on PC since it came out I can assure you it will have been well worth the wait. It is truly awesome. Although it's not a 4 x map it certainly feels like it. Having an xbone as well I am certainly looking forward to seeing it arrive on console.
When I first saw that there were 90 fields I was a bit sceptical about weather they would be of a decent size but to my surprise they are all a good size. Certainly nothing my Claas Lexion 780 looks out of place in. BB certainly created a real master piece with this one. If you liked CPF you're going to love this one.
Once again huge thanks to BB for bringing us this map and all the time spent on creating it. Hopefully the console issues will soon be resolved.
Enjoy you're anniversary mate.
Marcus
MrFendt87

Post by MrFendt87 »

Thank you Bulletbill for your continued effort in trying to get west coast to console, I will be making a donation once it's arrived, your determination has inspired me to take up modding, is there are thread going on how to start up and what the rules are, I have a top wack laptop does anyone know if I can mod on a laptop, If I can from a laptop then I will be doing console only mods, thank you in advance
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

MrFendt87 wrote:Thank you Bulletbill for your continued effort in trying to get west coast to console, I will be making a donation once it's arrived, your determination has inspired me to take up modding, is there are thread going on how to start up and what the rules are, I have a top wack laptop does anyone know if I can mod on a laptop, If I can from a laptop then I will be doing console only mods, thank you in advance
Great if you want to know what console users want here’s a rough idea fastrac 4220 jcb 541-70 super agri fendt 1050 just a rough idea if there the type your thinking
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

this_is_gav wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
this_is_gav wrote:...
I don't want this to come across the wrong way as this sounds condescending and I don't mean it to, but it would only be giving up on console users - it's already passed testing and been released for PC for weeks so the initial goal was met. He didn't have to do anymore at all. When he started making the map console mods weren't even on the horizon, they didn't exist at all and outside of Giants we didn't know they ever would exist. Having to redo large portions of the map for consoles was never part of the plan.

I've been on his testing team and I know the hell he's been through in the past few weeks. He's had setbacks with the final stages of the map, far more than most here known, but he's getting there. Thankfully Giants have pulled out all the stops to support him as much as they have otherwise he'd still be shooting blind with tens of thousands (yes, tens of thousands) of lines of fail codes to fix, errors that weren't even a thing until a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: PS there have been many more testing fails than people realise. The map has probably been uploaded 3x what people think and each time different errors were coming back. The fixes have been a lot more complex than just changing some texture formats and the odd error.
Like I said, I write software for a living, so I more than understand the scope of what he's doing here.

The reason I responded was other people saying that BB should stop trying to release the console mod. That was the part that baffled me and why I originally responded. If BB wanted to give up, that's one thing, but to have other people saying "Maybe it's time to give up," when BB's still willing to put in the effort, is kind of strange. A few turnarounds is not a big deal, and certainly not something that users should be worried about.

If BB gets frustrated and wants to give it up, that's his choice, but for other people to be suggesting it - well, that's not their or our place.
Last edited by TomXP411 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

MrFendt87 wrote:Thank you Bulletbill for your continued effort in trying to get west coast to console, I will be making a donation once it's arrived, your determination has inspired me to take up modding, is there are thread going on how to start up and what the rules are, I have a top wack laptop does anyone know if I can mod on a laptop, If I can from a laptop then I will be doing console only mods, thank you in advance
There's an entire board dedicated to modding: viewforum.php?f=895 Good luck and hope to see your mods in the future.

BB and the QA guys are determined and it's great to see. Thanks for the hard work.
Farming on PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wow... A lot has happened over the last few hours.
First of all happy anniversary BulletBill. Have a great time.
And thank you for all the effort.

Also thank you pfreek for your dedication. I hope you would find the problem soon and don't waste your weekend.
PS5 / FS22
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Hairy Bob wrote:
hun3 wrote:Question about field 14. I'm using the Seasons mod day 3 settings. I planted soybean on day 1 and on the 2nd day the field went back to harvested mode. Basically all the work on that field was erased. Only on that field.

Anybody knows whats the problem?
You can't plant soybeans on the first day of spring, unless there's a geo mod which allows it. Check the planting/harvesting calendar with alt+s.
Yes I totally forgot to consider the season mod settings. Thanks!

By the way just an INCREDIBLY beautiful map. I cannot stop playing! :)

Big thank you for the author!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

TomXP411 wrote:
this_is_gav wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
Like I said, I write software for a living, so I more than understand the scope of what he's doing here.

The reason I responded was other people saying that BB should stop trying to release the console mod. That was the part that baffled me and why I originally responded. If BB wanted to give up, that's one thing, but to have other people saying "Maybe it's time to give up," when BB's still willing to put in the effort, is kind of strange. A few turnarounds is not a big deal, and certainly not something that users should be worried about.

If BB gets frustrated and wants to give it up, that's his choice, but for other people to be suggesting it - well, that's not their or our place.
But you don't understand the scope at all. By comparing it to your own experience you're belittling his effort by thinking of it as a profession. For Bulletbill it isn't a full time job or even a part time job, but free time, yet it's been to dominating his life for weeks. He has every right to pack it in and be content that the PC version, his initial goal, has been completed and released.

I get that you were just responding to others and I know you mean well, but the tone of your post came across as patronising and didn't help anyone - not Bulletbill, Giants or current or prospective modders of the future.

Of course the console version will be released with Giants help, and hopefully by mid-next week, but please stop thinking of this as a job or diminishing the effort Bulletbill has had to undertake over the last few weeks and those at Giants who are going out of their way (and their own unpaid hours no doubt) to help. You know nothing of what has been going on behind the scenes and the effort undertaken by multiple people trying to understand the issues. Giants are fed up (by the sounds of it with the nagging from users more so than the issues remaining on the map - see Lisertan's telling description of Pfreek's response) and Bulletbill is fed up trying to fix issues which don't always present themselves except in an often ambiguous log.

As a side note, I feel some need to be reminded how thankful they ought to be that we now have console mods at all, but please don't underestimate how difficult it is to attempt to make mods suitable for consoles. Modders don't have the tools to test for compatibility bugs - if we did, and this is a Sony and Microsoft limitation, not a Giants one - it would be much easier to develop console mods. With the best intentions in the world, it's a daunting and often infuriating experience.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

^^Your post is not correct, BB has said all along that his goal was to have the map released across all platforms. He wanted to get the PC version approved first and then work on getting it on consoles. Although BB could give up, and maybe some would have, he won't do it, not because of the backlash he would get or anything like that but because BB is a bad ass ninja warrior :this: He won't give up... that's not the way BB rolls :lol: :hi:
PS4