Upcoming West Coast map

this_is_gav

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by this_is_gav »

canadafarms wrote:^^Your post is not correct, BB has said all along that his goal was to have the map released across all platforms. He wanted to get the PC version approved first and then work on getting it on consoles. Although BB could give up, and maybe some would have, he won't do it, not because of the backlash he would get or anything like that but because BB is a bad ass ninja warrior :this: He won't give up... that's not the way BB rolls :lol: :hi:
Bulletbill started the map back in 2015 and June 2015 was the first we saw of it, well before FS17 was even announced. PC was the only platform as console mods weren't even a pipe dream for us back then.

He actually wanted to get the PC and console version released together, but given the sheer number of problems with the console version he requested that the PC version was released.

I'm not saying he or Giants should or would give up, what grated with me was others saying that he shouldn't because of what they deemed a small number of setbacks as they didn't know the scale of the issues he was faced with. Thankfully the map is going to be released and soon by the sounds of it.
fs cameron

Post by fs cameron »

So i take it will be realesed on monday
Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

fs cameron wrote:So i take it will be realesed on monday
Nobody knows at the moment. There are still a couple of tiny issues that need to be fixed
Massive respect to all the modders
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Xboxfarmsim wrote:
Nobody knows at the moment. There are still a couple of tiny issues that need to be fixed
Well as mods never release on the weekend then the earliest will be Monday
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

No. Nobody knows when it'll be released
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Callum spence

Post by Callum spence »

Is giants trying to fix it aswell
:hi:
markare

Post by markare »

Tazman1983 wrote:
Well as mods never release on the weekend then the earliest will be Monday
Mods do get released at weekends. It has happened a few times already
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

this_is_gav wrote: Bulletbill started the map back in 2015 and June 2015 was the first we saw of it, well before FS17 was even announced. PC was the only platform as console mods weren't even a pipe dream for us back then.

He actually wanted to get the PC and console version released together, but given the sheer number of problems with the console version he requested that the PC version was released.

I'm not saying he or Giants should or would give up, what grated with me was others saying that he shouldn't because of what they deemed a small number of setbacks as they didn't know the scale of the issues he was faced with. Thankfully the map is going to be released and soon by the sounds of it.
I can't believe this conversation is still ongoing. Sam has never once mentioned giving up so why is this even a thing? I know he started this map in 2015, but it was never released for 15 and since he started the 17 conversion he said he wanted it on all platforms.....you posted
this_is_gav wrote:He has every right to pack it in and be content that the PC version, his initial goal, has been completed and released.
And I simply pointed out that this is not correct. His INITIAL goal since starting the conversion was to have it released for ALL platforms, but go ahead, debate away :hi:
PS4
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Bulletbill hasn't mentioned giving up here, you're correct. Much to his credit he hasn't publicly shown how frustrated he has been at times.
canadafarms wrote:
this_is_gav wrote: I can't believe this conversation is still ongoing. Sam has never once mentioned giving up so why is this even a thing? I know he started this map in 2015, but it was never released for 15 and since he started the 17 conversion he said he wanted it on all platforms.....you posted
Sorry, the reason I specifically mentioned the date was that a lot of the models were old and a lot of the errors came from them using textures and shaders not compatible with consoles, as they were made long before any console guidelines were set.

Apologies if people feel I have derailed the thread, but I was frustrated with the tone from TomXP411, that was all. I won't post further on the matter.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

this_is_gav wrote:Bulletbill hasn't mentioned giving up here, you're correct. Much to his credit he hasn't publicly shown how frustrated he has been at times.

Sorry, the reason I specifically mentioned the date was that a lot of the models were old and a lot of the errors came from them using textures and shaders not compatible with consoles, as they were made long before any console guidelines were set.

Apologies if people feel I have derailed the thread, but I was frustrated with the tone from TomXP411, that was all. I won't post further on the matter.
No apologies needed, I am on other forums too and I know he has been pretty frustrated at times, even took a well deserved leave for a while. Seems me and you keep up to date on things, I just didn't want to see some casual members who only read one page blow up on BB because they think he gave up on them. Anyways I will quit clogging up the topic as well, happy farming :hi:
PS4
Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

Woohoo it's Monday. What's that mean to all you farmers?
Massive respect to all the modders
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Unfortunately work... Away from FS17 :sadnew:
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sick day *cough cough*
RODHA