Upcoming West Coast map

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by Lisertan »

Next update:

We continue to try and fix this map now.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

The map looks awesome and all but surley there are other things players can be getting on with while we wait. Me personally...im having a break and playing other games that i have put to one side while hammering fs17.
Once/if it's out then I'm sure I'll be all over this map.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

Lisertan wrote:Da heck is going on guys?

I leave you alone for one night and the thread explodes and people yell at each other (more or less)?

Calm down everyone, we are all here to have fun, right? Keep in mind that everyone in this forum has the same goal: to have a good time with the Farming Simulator series. No reason to bash each other for a different taste.

I'd like to talk about this very quick:
BulletBill83 wrote:You would have to ask GIANTS themselves why they are giving me this help.

I would point out that plenty of other modders get quite a bit of help from GIANTS, but it is not so publicized.

GIANTS also are tired of being accused they don't help modders enough.

I've also been told that there QA and Support teams are fed up with so many people asking about the console version of this map that they want to get it sorted so they can have a more peaceful life.

I haven't asked for 'preferential treatment' from GIANTS, they have taken it upon themselves to do this as the issue with the map is not some map issue that I can fix.
We are helping a lot of guys. This is not the first case where we try to get something done with the modder. Working with modders is one of our main goals, hence the mod calls, mod contests and the QA team helping with mods where they can.

That being said, we are not a huge company and there are tons of mods, so we can't help everyone as much as we would like and in addition, the QA team has a lot of tasks, mods are only one of them, so they might not always have the time.

There are several reasons why the West Coast gets some help, sure this thread is one of them, as I always try to find the mods that our players love and communicate them to the QA team, so they know a lot of people wait for this map because I told them that's the case.

At the same time, Bill has always been a nice guy and, as stupid as this might sound, this gets you a long way. Our QA guys are humans and if you are nice to them, then they might be willing to put some extra hours in (without getting paid for that) just because they want to.

QA and Support will never be really tird of you guys, so that was more of a joke then a real iussue haha.

So yeah, in short: We try to help everyone, but we can't. Therefore we have to pick where we halp, and we picked the West Coast for now.

Well said Lisertan. And thank you very much for all of your updates regarding West Coast. Very much appreciated.
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Lisertan wrote:Next update:

We continue to try and fix this map now.
Thankyou
Supershev

Post by Supershev »

I’m trying to stay positive about this map getting fixed but I’m getting increasingly worried that it won’t as the days go by :sadnew:
Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

Supershev wrote:I’m trying to stay positive about this map getting fixed but I’m getting increasingly worried that it won’t as the days go by :sadnew:
Just think positive thoughts, seems to work for me lol
Massive respect to all the modders
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Supershev wrote:I’m trying to stay positive about this map getting fixed but I’m getting increasingly worried that it won’t as the days go by :sadnew:
Same i always have a bad feeling really hope it will be fixed
Supershev

Post by Supershev »

Lads I’m even dreaming of the map lol!! Only so much of YouTube clips that you can watch without feeling the urge to nearly cry! Positive thoughts positive thoughts
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Supershev wrote:Lads I’m even dreaming of the map lol!! Only so much of YouTube clips that you can watch without feeling the urge to nearly cry! Positive thoughts positive thoughts
So true i sat there and watched the whole 3 hour livestream when i was live by landy and i watched it again the other day i was that excited if this map does get fixed it would definetly cheer me up as i’m having a rough time finger crossed though
Supershev

Post by Supershev »

I think the idea of not knowing if GIANTS can fix it or not is the hardest thing to get your head around
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Supershev wrote:I think the idea of not knowing if GIANTS can fix it or not is the hardest thing to get your head around
So true
empato

Post by empato »

The world will not go down if it can not be fixed.
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

empato wrote:The world will not go down if it can not be fixed.
I know but it would be really nice to have this beautiful map on console we need a new uk map and this one i would love to play on fingers crossed anyway
marcelinhonl

Post by marcelinhonl »

Well there are more uk maps then europe... so iam not that hyped like you guys are. Sure it will be a good map but maby again not for my but keep up the good work bulletbill!!! Just keep it up its ready when its ready. Just dont give up! in the end you learned allot as a modder!!
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

marcelinhonl wrote:Well there are more uk maps then europe... so iam not that hyped like you guys are. Sure it will be a good map but maby again not for my but keep up the good work bulletbill!!! Just keep it up its ready when its ready. Just dont give up! in the end you learned allot as a modder!!
I know it’s just this is my style of map there’s no map like it really i like big maps with the animals spread out separate (I understand some don’t like that) i like the sea side and the town and the beautiful back roads to the valley i love how he added and island where You can get on a dual carriageway i just find every aspect of This map incredible i know others may not be a fan but I certainly am i’m just trying to explain why i’m so excited for this map