Upcoming West Coast map

Jamie77

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by Jamie77 »

Why is everyone against this map being released? I don’t understand there’s so much demand and will bring people back to the game.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

btw, with all this console-testing and fixing - has anything come up / was fixed that would be beneficial for PC version too?
Other than "trees fall for like 1 meter when cut with Scorpion" (was shortly mentioned somewhere here) I have not found anything.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

empato wrote:There are so much other good mods out there. Much efforts were spent, but in my opinion Giants should not focus to much on this anymore. Sure they will help as much as they can, but other maps and other mods needs also to be tested and released.
As stated before, this is an amazing map that almost everyone on console really wants and the consoles haven't had a decent map in ages. I'd be surprised if the effort going into bringing this map to console is hampering other maps coming onto console simply because it doesn't seem like many maps are put up for console testing, which as I just stated is the reason we all desperately want this map.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Didn't one of the 4 real modules crash the ps4 When it was released too?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Guil wrote:Didn't one of the 4 real modules crash the ps4 When it was released too?
Its probably not uncommon but finding out whats doing it can be difficult I guess.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I belive it was Lawfolds or lossberg that actually made the console crash. Not all ps4 but some of them
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Jamie77 wrote:Why is everyone against this map being released? I don’t understand there’s so much demand and will bring people back to the game.
There's lots jealousy and greed on a number of console users, check the fb page and there is a lot of hostility against giants
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Mobias wrote:
Guil wrote:Didn't one of the 4 real modules crash the ps4 When it was released too?
Its probably not uncommon but finding out whats doing it can be difficult I guess.
If it’s only just occured though it could be to do with the changes made there could be something wrong with the coding don’t really know much about this stuff but heard it’s happened before and that’s the issue?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yes, but It was only crashing the game not the entire console.

That sounds like a really weird thing.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote:
Supershev wrote:Wonder what the issue is now!
It completely crashes the console when you end the game. So not a small one.
Lisertan, you mean the OS of the console completely crashes due to a bug in the map?
PS5 / FS22
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Has the console only just started crashing since making changes to the map or has it been doing it all along lisertan?
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote:
Lisertan wrote:
Supershev wrote:Wonder what the issue is now!
Lisertan, you mean the OS of the console completely crashes due to a bug in the map?

Yes.

Not sure, Jamie77, I'm not always around when they do the testing. Let's see what QA comes up with now :/
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Lisertan wrote:
Tazman1983 wrote:I'm just keen on a yes/no decision so we stop hearing about it. Gotta face facts that console can't have everything :lol:
We will get this thing on console.... well.. I hope... It just might take longer than we all hoped. Let's see what happens now.
And I'm an xbox player. I just think if the variety of maps in the base game had been better these snide comments, abuse of modders etc wouldn't happen. Sosnovka was in 17 so why have it as a starting map? Aren't new games supposed to be exactly that, new? Purely my opinion, i just feel considering the following you have and game price the starting content is pretty poor
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Jamie77 wrote:Has the console only just started crashing since making changes to the map or has it been doing it all along lisertan?
I would presume its just started doing it. Usually with game coding when there's a problem you make one change somewhere that then causes problems somewhere else. You just go round in ever more frustrating circles until you find a solution that fixes everything, or not as the case may be.
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Lisertan wrote:
RODHA wrote:
Lisertan wrote:

Yes.

Not sure, Jamie77, I'm not always around when they do the testing. Let's see what QA comes up with now :/
Okay thanks lisertan