Upcoming West Coast map

Scotia1314

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by Scotia1314 »

If we paid for mods and maps,you can bet they would turn out more than at present,but all that aside,giants need another company to produce a farm sim game that's at the least equal to fs17. Having competition is never a bad thing for development and advancement of a product.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Everyone please remember it's against the rules to specifically name and discuss other games related to farming on this forum.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Scotia1314 wrote:If we paid for mods and maps,you can bet they would turn out more than at present,but all that aside,giants need another company to produce a farm sim game that's at the least equal to fs17. Having competition is never a bad thing for development and advancement of a product.
Modders are paid though from giants
eric21

Post by eric21 »

TomXP411 wrote:
novass wrote:I would rather have all maps pay for dlc..maybe offer maps in two map packs or three,hell even four maps packs.if its only one map each payment..I'd pay 9.99 a map or packages like two maps for 14.99?

Are you kidding me? After paying $120 for the game, you want me to spend another $50-60 on maps? No. Worst idea ever.
It encourages modders, encourage people to do mods for first time, develop the modding scene. It's not all about you, it's about helping and encouraging the community
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

eric21 wrote:It encourages modders, encourage people to do mods for first time, develop the modding scene. it's about helping and encouraging the community
I think Giants covers that part. Paid mods would never work imo, unless they reach the DLC quality levels which I don't think Giants would ever let happen as it would also axe their earnings.
PS5 / FS22
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

eric21 wrote:
Scotia1314 wrote:If we paid for mods and maps,you can bet they would turn out more than at present,but all that aside,giants need another company to produce a farm sim game that's at the least equal to fs17. Having competition is never a bad thing for development and advancement of a product.
Modders are paid though from giants
I really doubt that.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No need for doubt. It is a fact not a guess. Confirmed by Giants and some modders. Seems not much of an income but still something I guess.
PS5 / FS22
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Link?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm talking about multiple posts written over time. I can't just go on search spree right now. So, It is up to you to believe it or not.
PS5 / FS22
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: I really doubt that.
They are but I don't think its a vast amount. I'm not sure how its worked out, presumably a few pennies per download.
novass

Post by novass »

Mobias wrote:
ArizonaSnow wrote:I didn't think they could get big maps to work on console, or have Giants fixed the game so they can?
The West Coast map is coming to console. Is there a bigger map out there?
WOW now thats great news..thats what I wanted to hear all along.I sure will be using this one..thanks to the modder who created this one.
we need to get back to the the topic..West Coast map....Chris
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya this map looks great, can't wait to see it on my xbox
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

1992Tadej1992 wrote:Link?
You are paid per download my GIANTS IF your mod is uploaded to the official ModHub. It's not much, but it's something. Log in to the ModHub and go to rewards and you'll see. Aside from that, that map looks awesome. Is it possible to download it now since the you tubers have them?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

It looks like old stream on steroids.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

eric21 wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
novass wrote:I would rather have all maps pay for dlc..maybe offer maps in two map packs or three,hell even four maps packs.if its only one map each payment..I'd pay 9.99 a map or packages like two maps for 14.99?

Are you kidding me? After paying $120 for the game, you want me to spend another $50-60 on maps? No. Worst idea ever.
It encourages modders, encourage people to do mods for first time, develop the modding scene. It's not all about you, it's about helping and encouraging the community
That's the kind of business model that turns me off of so-called "free to play" games. If I'd tried this game and found it to be full of 99 cent and $2.99 micro-transactions, I would never have bought it. I'd have laughed at Giants for being a bunch of money-hungry grubbers and moved on to something else.

And quite frankly, I don't think mod makers need more encouragement. The mod scene looks pretty healthy to me, with more maps and other mods than I'd ever use. When there are already hundreds of mods, dozens of maps, and there's new stuff every day, how can you honestly say that the scene needs more encouragement?
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge